Airasiax: Soon To Fly Kul To New Zealand / Christchurch

siam2007

Air AsiaX announced that they will start selling tickets for flights to their new destination CHRISTCHURCH soon, so watch out for their promotions, or better sign up to get a reminder a few days before the sale starts.

I did like that in late 2008 when they started selling tickets to Melbourne, and managed to fly KUL-MEL return for less than 150 Euro (incl. luggage and Taxes) in October 2009.

So now it's time to travel even further and see zillions of sheep.... no more Carabao.... ^^

Air Asia X has the worst PR. Challenging to get any details but I surmise 4 flights a week (not daily service), maybe starting March 2011, not sure about equipment. Maybe have to wait on the A340's?

they have by far the best PR out of any Airline (no matter Budget or Legacy carrier) anywhere in Asia.

of course you do not get any details at this moment ! THAT would be the worst PR do hand out details to some people before actually launching the destination with a big promotion-BANG.

just sign up for their news regarding this destination and u will know about it early enough before they start to accept bookings and unveil the details about schedule a.s.o.

that's how they are able to attract attention from the public.

no other Airline in Asia I know off does a better Marketing, and for some reason, they do win a lot of international prizes and awards for that

The deal was inked Oct. 29, 2010 and there was plenty of press coverage, 100's of stories.

Just one example

Of course nothing on the brilliant Air Asia PR website.

It may have been beneficial to include the start date and schedule, but as you say maybe better to surprise everyone. After all why would anyone want to make any travel plans in advance. :whistling:

Most companies attempt to answer questions about a new product or service when launching it.

I'd submit that Air Asia X does not yet have the aircraft to fly this route, nor the pilots, so they'll leave it until Q1 to make announcements re: days of week, schedule and start date.

OOOOPS..... I did it again...... :whistling:

I just could not resist and booked the PROMO. So now little Siam2007 will go to NZ for the first time in his life..... let's buy a decent travelguide !

The cheapest fare was already sold out. or maybe they did not offer one for the "better season" - for NZ winter in July and August still some super-cheapos to be had - but that is not when I want to travel.

but at 355 RM (around 3400 Baht) for a flight in the early summer (9th of Nov. 2011), it is still a bargain considering KUL - CHC is an 11 hours flight !

Luggage and food I will add only a few days before my actual flight date, when it is sure I can make it.

By November, 2011 they should have the A340's. I don't think their current A330's have the range for this flight, so would have to make a pit-stop. I can't wait to see how many seats they stuff onto that bird. Little Siam2007 should be comfortable though. Air Asia X's push for the IPO might become a problem? (See today's brazen announcement.)

====================================

Long-haul budget carrier AirAsia X plans more flights to EU, New York

December 3, 2010, 6:08pm

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec. 3 (AFP) – The head of budget long-haul carrier AirAsia X said the eurozone debt crisis would not prevent the airline expanding in Europe and that he hoped to open a route to New York next year.

Tony Fernandes said he would ''absolutely not'' rethink plans to begin new flights into Russia, Hungary, and the Czech Republic, adding that the company had survived other crises in the past.

''No (cut back in expansion),'' the airline's founder told AFP. ''Absolutely not. We have been through the last nine years – many financial crises, many oil crises and many political crises – but people still want to fly.

''I think AirAsia actually provides a relief from all these financial troubles. People want to get away and have a break. So not at all.''

Fernandes was speaking after launching the carrier's inaugural flight to Christchurch, to which it will begin four non-stop weekly flights from Kuala Lumpur from April 1.

The route will add to AirAsia X's expanding network, which already includes Australia, India, Taiwan, China, Britain, South Korea, Japan and Iran, and will from February 14 also boast France.

AirAsia X, an affiliate of regional low-cost carrier AirAsia and Virgin Group, was launched in January 2007.

By November, 2011 they should have the A340's. I don't think their current A330's have the range for this flight, so would have to make a pit-stop. I can't wait to see how many seats they stuff onto that bird. Little Siam2007 should be comfortable though. Air Asia X's push for the IPO might become a problem? (See today's brazen announcement.)

====================================

Long-haul budget carrier AirAsia X plans more flights to EU, New York

December 3, 2010, 6:08pm

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec. 3 (AFP) – The head of budget long-haul carrier AirAsia X said the eurozone debt crisis would not prevent the airline expanding in Europe and that he hoped to open a route to New York next year.

Tony Fernandes said he would ''absolutely not'' rethink plans to begin new flights into Russia, Hungary, and the Czech Republic, adding that the company had survived other crises in the past.

''No (cut back in expansion),'' the airline's founder told AFP. ''Absolutely not. We have been through the last nine years – many financial crises, many oil crises and many political crises – but people still want to fly.

''I think AirAsia actually provides a relief from all these financial troubles. People want to get away and have a break. So not at all.''

Fernandes was speaking after launching the carrier's inaugural flight to Christchurch, to which it will begin four non-stop weekly flights from Kuala Lumpur from April 1.

The route will add to AirAsia X's expanding network, which already includes Australia, India, Taiwan, China, Britain, South Korea, Japan and Iran, and will from February 14 also boast France.

AirAsia X, an affiliate of regional low-cost carrier AirAsia and Virgin Group, was launched in January 2007.

they employ the A-330 on the route (seatmap will show when u book the ticket), and as SIAM2007 is actually not such a "little one" at 6 ft and an unidentified weight, he opted for the "Pre-booked-Seat" in the first row of ECO with mich more legroom and nobody sitting in front him (and no restrooms nearby either) , which cost him around 1000 Baht extra but are well worth the money. Did the same back in 2009 to Melbourne, when AirAsiaX still used one of those leases ETIHAD-aircraft and the seats in ECO did not recline a single centimeter. I had a pleasant flight, whereas most of the rest of the passengers did definitely not enjoy the

8,5 hrs -journey.

to comment on the planned routes, I have no doubt flights to the US would be very very successful, and Russia would probably work as well, but I have doubt that Hungary has a potential to fill 3 flights (= more than 1000 seats per week). my route-evaluation on all four AirAsia-networks has been correct 100% until recently, only the HKT-UTH service proved me wrong, when I predicted it would not survive for long, but in fact they even added capacity and now fly daily and not only 4 times per week.