Fears Grow Of Political Uprising From Court Ruling On Democrat Party In Thailand

webfact

Waa lol!! something like 8 new threads on the same topic! and all in 1 day!

Not sure which one to post on?

was somebody exited about the news today I wonder?

Don't get too exited though!!

Any way's looks like EC cocked up good and proper!!

Guess this case will be thrown out for the same reason EC is just tooo slow!!

check out Kasit on bbc now I am convinced!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-11863384

Wow yes that convinced me too. Possibly the most hard hitting BBC interview ever. Basically Kasit says" I think" a lot and Thailand has a legal process and the decision was made under that process, Oh and the government has provided legal representation to those redshirts who couldn't afford it. Oh and one more thing people might be upset and demonstrate but there's not so many now and we can all get on with things. That's all folks.

From the OP:

BANGKOK, 30 November 2010 (NNT)-Following the Constitution Court's ruling against the dissolution of the Democrat Party, many fear this will cause another political uprising in Thailand.

Fearing the backlash of the Court's decision to drop the charge against the Democrat Party on grounds of technicality, which, many have said, will lead to more violence by anti-government activists; the red-shirt in particular, police and soldiers have been deployed to the Democrat Party Headquarters in Bang Sue district to ensure maximum security for its members.

Can someone explain to me how 'political uprising' and 'more violence by anti-government activists; the red-shirt in particular' are related ?

In most democratic countries political uprising can only be applauded (although personally I wonder about the 'tea baggers'). In a way it shows political engagement by the people. In Thailand that would/should mean peaceful protests along the roads of BKK with people fed up with current political parties and games, multi-color shirts as it were.

To write "violence by anti-government activists; the red-shirt in particular" shows a prejudice on the side of the Nation. As you can clearly read in posts on other topics red-shirts are 'peaceful protesters, not terrorists'. Mind you having said that I'm not sure what other group(s) might want to get violent over the court decision.

Well just look at their bloody history for crying out loud! They're certainly afraid this group will take up soem more senseless violence, as thats really the only language they seem to speak. There's really no way to call it bias, but just looking at the future based on past actions.

If the Nation did support them, what would that say about the nation?

Other int'l sources just don't have the insight into the culture and history here as the Nation might. Just look at Dan Rivers and some of the other reporters who reported on one side of the camp.

If you consider that the state controlled media reporting in Thailand was a best one sided people like Mr Rivers should be applauded for showing the other side, especially when he stopped reporting to turn his camera onto two lines of army soldiers, One kneeling, firing continously at no higher than head height. Thai people in the main were only exposed to government contrived reporting. It was obvious that many international journos would show the story from the red side because all Thailands reporters (term used loosely) were on government orders. Just go to youtube and for every video you can show me in support of your argument I can show you 3 against your argument. (and any that are blocked are because they show things this government cant deny)

Sorry. missed that report from Dan. Can ypu please pointe to it.

Wow yes that convinced me too. Possibly the most hard hitting BBC interview ever. Basically Kasit says" I think" a lot and Thailand has a legal process and the decision was made under that process, Oh and the government has provided legal representation to those redshirts who couldn't afford it. Oh and one more thing people might be upset and demonstrate but there's not so many now and we can all get on with things. That's all folks.

Wow, yes, to read and interpret is a science which some people have mastered. Many though seem to be able to interpret anything in only the way they like to interpret.

So here some from the website quoted:

"Thai foreign minister Kasit Piromya has said he believes Thai people want to "move on" from protesting after the Constitutional Court dismissed a case against the governing Democrat Party.

The Election Commission had accused the Democrats of misusing election funds in 2005. If found guilty, the party could have faced dissolution and the prime minister could have lost his job.

Mr Kasit told the BBC's Naomi Grimley that while "discontentment" with the decision might lead to more protests, the intensity of demonstrations had generally been decreasing."

The way I read this is that basicly k. Kasit says Thai people want to move on and although some may protest again the number of protesters has generally decreased.

What k. Kasit (probably) didn't say is that cutting of funds from k. Thaksin c.s. may have helped to reign in peaceful terrorists. And oh yah, with limited funds mostly reserved for UDD leaders, the common red-shirt cannon fodder had to wait a bit. Spot on !

Wow again. Completely different interpretation of the same BBC stuff. Almost like the just dismissed case against the Dem's with statements contradicting each other, even same side witnesses (even both sides).

Wow, I may be reacting here on some farang who knows how to formulate 'interesting' posts ;)

Wow, yes, to read and interpret is a science which some people have mastered. Many though seem to be able to interpret anything in only the way they like to interpret.

So here some from the website quoted:

"Thai foreign minister Kasit Piromya has said he believes Thai people want to "move on" from protesting after the Constitutional Court dismissed a case against the governing Democrat Party.

The Election Commission had accused the Democrats of misusing election funds in 2005. If found guilty, the party could have faced dissolution and the prime minister could have lost his job.

Mr Kasit told the BBC's Naomi Grimley that while "discontentment" with the decision might lead to more protests, the intensity of demonstrations had generally been decreasing."

The way I read this is that basicly k. Kasit says Thai people want to move on and although some may protest again the number of protesters has generally decreased.

What k. Kasit (probably) didn't say is that cutting of funds from k. Thaksin c.s. may have helped to reign in peaceful terrorists. And oh yah, with limited funds mostly reserved for UDD leaders, the common red-shirt cannon fodder had to wait a bit. Spot on !

Wow again. Completely different interpretation of the same BBC stuff. Almost like the just dismissed case against the Dem's with statements contradicting each other, even same side witnesses (even both sides).

Wow, I may be reacting here on some farang who knows how to formulate 'interesting' posts ;)

Well I like to think a healthy debate makes a change from some of the mudslinging that goes on around here, keep it up Rubi. I say tomato you say tomatoe and long may it continue,wai.gif

Well I like to think a healthy debate makes a change from some of the mudslinging that goes on around here, keep it up Rubi. I say tomato you say tomatoe and long may it continue

Actually with my kinfolk I would say 'tomaat'. According to my copy of the Concise Oxford Dictionary that would be 'tomato', not sure who would say 'tomatoe'.

A healthy debate would probably have slightly less assumptions, only you like to postulate something just to have it mowed down.

PS I know as lower case characters it's not easy to see, but my member name is 'rubl' rather than 'rubi'. Let's say it's part of the healthy debate ;)

All parties urged to accept court ruling on Democrat Party dissolution case

".

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban on Tuesday reaffirmed that no double standard practice has been applied to the Democrat dissolution case.

deputy premier added he is confident that the court's consideration process is correct and independent.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-11-30

What nonsense is he spouting, "no double standard"...even fools know what is going on..

Even fools know when to stop complaining about things they cannot prove and only imagine. Some posters here only seem bend on stirring up hatred against anything the government does, or against decisions they do not like.

Proof...the happenings during the last few years are proof, unless you are oblivious to them...yes some posters here seem bend on stirring up hatred and bias against people and institutions that are not government linked...

Proof...the happenings during the last few years are proof, unless you are oblivious to them...yes some posters here seem bend on stirring up hatred and bias against people and institutions that are not government linked...

You are correct ---- the fact that Thaksin is still out there on the loose fomenting violence and hatred in Thailand does indicate that there are double standards still being used in how he is dealt with.

I assume that Chuang is aware that the term "double standards" came into use in Thailand after the 2001 assets concealment case (where thaksin's assets ended up being hidden with maids and drivers ...)