Stereo Components

sunluvr

Is there any decent place in Phuket that has a reasonable selection of audio stereo components - i'm not looking for audio/visual surroundsound type systems which seem to he about 95% of what's offered for sale at places like PowerBuy, Big C, etc... looking to buy amp, preamp, receiver (2 channel variety) speakers, etc.

If you r looking for inexpensive 2 channel stereo, Supercheap.

I have a very powerfull Nakachi with PA speakers next to my pool. 9k baht

High end, there is a shop on Pang Na road in town, close to PEA with signs for Denon, AR etc

If you want state of the art, Electrocompaniet, PM me

I'm a bit iffy about Supercheap. Unlike any of their other electrical/electronic products, they have signs displayed in relation to the music equipment that there is no guarantee; once it is out of the shop, it's buyer beware. I assume that this is the result of problems they've had with customers (probably damaging the equipment in commercial premises, such as bars.) However, I would like to have the assurance of a guarantee that something working in the shop will still be working three months later.

I'm a bit iffy about Supercheap. Unlike any of their other electrical/electronic products, they have signs displayed in relation to the music equipment that there is no guarantee; once it is out of the shop, it's buyer beware. I assume that this is the result of problems they've had with customers (probably damaging the equipment in commercial premises, such as bars.) However, I would like to have the assurance of a guarantee that something working in the shop will still be working three months later.

Well my inexpensive PA has been outdoors next to the pool for 3 years now, still fine. 3rd CD player though, they dont seem to survive the outdoor humidity for more than one year which is equal to warranty. 700 baht each though :)