Computer Work Advice Needed

translator

Hi to all

Could anyone please advise upon this issue of having two computers at home. I am trying to put these machines to good use on the net in Thailand. My wife (thai)

has a good command of english and is confident using computers. I would like to help her start her own business, or work for someone from home. I seek advice on data entry or other areas (virtual service/call rep) that could allow an income for her. I look forwards to your assistance on this matter and thank all for any help that may be given.

Could anyone please advise upon this issue of having two computers at home. I am trying to put these machines to good use on the net in Thailand. My wife (thai)

has a good command of english and is confident using computers. I would like to help her start her own business, or work for someone from home. I seek advice on data entry or other areas (virtual service/call rep) that could allow an income for her.

two ethernet cards, a cable to link them, installed with their drivers, setup a shared connection, files sharing ... etc

setup a good firewall (safety for the network and the server), and a good antivirus.

files transfer? from these 2 pc? or online?

between pc, simple , share the files and use them both, online, secure them first.

could consider that 2 machines is a little light to make any business, unless it's home-work, nothing related to internet-cafe :o

could you tell more about it?

and where do you live?

what are the machines ..old or actula hardware ..

need some precision, which OS? etc ...

francois

two ethernet cards, a cable to link them, installed with their drivers, setup a shared connection, files sharing ... etc

setup a good firewall (safety for the network and the server), and a good antivirus.

files transfer? from these 2 pc? or online?

between pc, simple , share the files and use them both, online, secure them first.

could consider that 2 machines is a little light to make any business, unless it's home-work, nothing related to internet-cafe :o

could you tell more about it?

and where do you live?

what are the machines ..old or actula hardware ..

need some precision, which OS? etc ...

francois

Two Ethernet cards, a cable to link them,

((((((((Unless you get a hub or switch some other box to plug them in. Ask for a cross over cable. For only two system it will save a 500 baht. ))))))

If you have XP on both then you can share the connection. Setting up a network. Ask the group when the time comes. I am sure there will be a plethora of advice. :-)

XP has a fire wall Not really sure how good it is. But its free. I've not seen a huge difference in speed. It must work, Microsoft said it does.. (Looking into XP firewall is on the to-do list.)

(virtual service/call rep) If this is helpdesk from home type stuff you will need two phone lines if they require her to be on line. Voice over IP on the dial-up lines works great for talking or internet. Not both.. (to the peanut gallery works great was just a figure of speech.)