Xmas Dinner

SeanPhuket

It may be in a few hotels and restaurants but its certainly not the main dish and would be served in a buffet

Since its traditional to you, its important its on the menu

AUSSIES AND KIWIS DO NOT EAT TURKEY TRADITIONALLY FOR XMAS

Its you who is wrong, ask a few Aussies or Kiwis and you will find out

No need to shout Peter.

Actually, I have asked the Aussies and Kiwis onboard. Half of them go for the BBQ and the other half do have turkey, but, it's sliced and served cold. One Aussie has hot turkey with all the trimmings.

So, it seems Turkey is eaten quite frequently in Aussie............even though it's not a native bird laugh.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be in a few hotels and restaurants but its certainly not the main dish and would be served in a buffet

Since its traditional to you, its important its on the menu

AUSSIES AND KIWIS DO NOT EAT TURKEY TRADITIONALLY FOR XMAS

Its you who is wrong, ask a few Aussies or Kiwis and you will find out

No need to shout Peter.

Actually, I have asked the Aussies and Kiwis onboard. Half of them go for the BBQ and the other half do have turkey, but, it's sliced and served cold. One Aussie has hot turkey with all the trimmings.

So, it seems Turkey is eaten quite frequently in Aussie............even though it's not a native bird laugh.gif

I would love to have a public debate with you Mr Karenbravo

I repeat turkey is not the traditional meal at Xmas time in Australia.

I did not say turkey is not eaten in Australia

Chicken is far more popular in Australia.

How many Aussies/Kiwis do you know who grew up there and do not have a British accent

Maybe that could explain why they like turkey

Had lunch today at Moo Tex Mex in Rawai (sorry Sean not near Bang Tao), and she said she is doing a roast turkey Xmas dinner buffet with all the trimmings +soup, sweet and more.

All you can eat for 590 Baht.

Starts at 6pm on the 24th Dec. and midday on the 25th. Can call her on 0818945324 if you wish to book a table.

Sounds like a good deal to me, hope she does well.

Merry Xmas

Had lunch today at Moo Tex Mex in Rawai (sorry Sean not near Bang Tao), and she said she is doing a roast turkey Xmas dinner buffet with all the trimmings +soup, sweet and more.

All you can eat for 590 Baht.

Starts at 6pm on the 24th Dec. and midday on the 25th. Can call her on 0818945324 if you wish to book a table.

Sounds like a good deal to me, hope she does well.

Merry Xmas

Well I don't mind a trip down south for something special. Cheers, its under consideration.

Merry Xmas..

I am glad to see someone offering some other choices for Xmas dinner. Seems like scuba & PST have an interest in the two places they always promote on this & other posts. Not saying they are not good places to eat but a pattern is emerging. I just had an email from Da Vincis for their Xmas dinner, not a turkey in sight, but still not impressed with their menu.

No interest but Ricky is a friend of mine. I stand by my recommendation and if someone tries it and disagrees please feel free to post your experiences.

Likewise,I am a friend of John at Solution,and use his bar/guesthouse when I'm in Kata,so just trying to do him a favour,don't see a problem really.

PST.

It would be good to get this thread properly back on track and have some more recommendations, preferably all over the island.

There was a menu from Shanti Lodge on Chalong on the notice board at my daughter's school. They're doing a Christmas brunch (morning/lunchtime) with no turkey, followed by a traditional turkey dinner in the evening.

I only said jeez cos I wouldnt want to do it. Personaly driving around Phuket wouldnt be my ideal xmas day.

Sorry if I offended you.

None taken. I just thought 'what's this guy's beef?, or was that turkey hehe :)

Yes MM, what a great idea and thank you for the Shanti tip! ...

We will go to the Indigo Pearl. Free flow (good) wines and great food selection.

What is the menu and price, its not mentioned on there web site

Usually they will have: Imported cheeses, canadian lobsters, australian steaks etc. just too much to write it down here.

Absolutely best quality stuff!

Price is something around 1700Baht

Free flow wines and much more. I think they are already fully booked...

Gerd

Edited by thaigerd

We will go to the Indigo Pearl. Free flow (good) wines and great food selection.

Usually they will have: Imported cheeses, canadian lobsters, australian steaks etc. just too much to write it down here.

Gerd

That's probably why its not on there web site.

Excellent value and the food must be good, especially if you recommend it.

Cheers, Peter

Gerd

Cheers, Peter

Morning Peter,

I sent email to you, please check!!

Gerd

you're welcome to bbq native animals if you wish.

cheesy.gif

Made my day......thanks.

At the moment Macro is selling venison from somewhere and it is very tasty!! 1 kilo of tenderloins (basically two complete backstraps) is selling for just over 500Baht. For me deer meat is what rice is to Asians. I have stocked up on a few kilos so now I can tell the world of this amazing find. Probably make me famous somehow. Saving the world one deer at a time.

post-49171-0-86320200-1292123532_thumb.j

Gerd

Cheers, Peter

Morning Peter,

I sent email to you, please check!!

Gerd

One of the best if not the best place to eat in Phuket in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

and Americans usually eat ham for Christmas.

We don't eat turkey again because leftovers from Thanksgiving usually last into December so we're well sick of it by Christmas.

I agree, We usually had a "standing rib roast," also known as a prime rib roast. If you could even buy one here it would be tough and an expensive piece of beef. Oh well, I didn't eat that much turkey for Thanksgiving, I may have to suffer and eat some more for Christmas.

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday meal where ever you choose to enjoy it! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Cheers,

Jimi

Does anyone know of a resort/restaurant preferably in the south of the island

that does a xmas buffet lunch which includes Thai food

Cheers, Peter

Moo's might be your best bet as you should be able to order Thai food from the menu.

Edited by Valentine

No interest but Ricky is a friend of mine. I stand by my recommendation and if someone tries it and disagrees please feel free to post your experiences.

I went to Rick's for Thanksgiving and it wasn't very good.

Would not recommend anyone go there for Christmas.

Ricky has canceled Christmas dinner due to staffing.

I'm surprised you say you didn't like it. Everyone I spoke to was raving about it. I thought it was one of the best Thanksgiving meals I have had. What was your problem with it?