Tourism On Thappraya Road

PattayaOneTeam

Pattaya Focus on……

Thappraya Road Tourism

Some cynical readers have suggested there has been a hint of irony or even sarcasm in these features on the glories of Thappraya Road. Not a bit of it, I assure you. Who could fail to be impressed with the remarkable job being done on it.

Alas, however, it's time to bid our farewells to Thappraya Road and to revisit it in a few months time, to check on progress.

But as we're coming up to high season I thought I would try to accentuate the positive about the road, and its 'in-progress” nature, so as not to deter potential visiting tourists from the city, and to show dumbstruck tourists already here that there can be upsides to downsides.

So, with that in mind, let's take a fresh look at the state of Thappraya Road and its marketing potential.

I think Pattaya tourist chiefs could advertise Adventure Holidays in Pattaya, roping in thrill-seekers young and old, with just a bit of creative thinking.

For people who want to drive all-terrain four wheel vehicles or off-road motorbikes, at dangerous speeds, why not market the Thappraya Road Trail as a holiday activity.

For urban trekkers, the many inhospitable landscapes of Thappraya Road would make for great adventures. And while the adults are out trekking, their children can play hide and seek and perilously explore the nearby road detritus.

Caving could be a winner with some of the many underground chambers exposed to the inquisitive: Or how about promoting the new urban sport of pavement slalom, with this example (of the many) pavement obstacle courses:

We could also promote nature rambles in the central reservation jungle, or on the yet-to-be pavemented roadside tracks.

Or take a restful rural walk along the site of the old pavement, which is now a Depression-era sized dust bowl.

Or you could try your luck fishing in this example of the many stagnant, deep water pits, for a genetically mutated Thappraya Road Monster, while your kids play lucky dip with the rubbish.

And for urban scuba divers, there are a plethora of dangerously deep chambers to explore, like this one outside a bar?! in the Jomtien Complex.

The slogan could be: Thappraya Road. Fun For All The Family.

Next Edition: Focus on Pattaya Beach Road

Enjoyed this article? Why not go to our poll and vote for it at:

FREE DOWNLOAD HERE

Download the full #5 issue in PDF format here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/download/661-pattaya-one-issue-5/

gallery_327_1086_2603.gif

-- Pattaya One 2011-12-05