Transport Options Swampy To Pattaya

scorecard

Can Pattaya members please share a quick update of services available.

I've recently heard that there are now several tour size buses available on an hourly basis, no booking in advance required, reasonable fares.

Appreciate your comments on above or any other options.

Thanks.

You want the Bells Bus service,from Swampy to patts ,then mini bus to hotel book in advance,can personaly recommend.Cost 200 baht.Every two hrs between 0700 hrs to 1900 hrs.

I just took the last Bell bus to airport with wife, pickup at hotel or well known bar by van was 1/2 hour late at the bus terminal 2 large buses efficiently loaded with our bags, 20 minutes late in leaving and 45 minutes late arriving at Airport. Arrived at 8:45 but no problem wife's plane leaving at 11:45, 1/2 hour wait for check in then to employees cafeteria for inexpensive Thai food and drink. Ex. can of coke B15 can of beer B50 not the ridiculous airport prices.

Wife left now 8 hour wait on ground floor ticket area for bus back, those dam_n seats are very hard to sleep on so read a book most of the time. At 6:30 the Jomtiem bus started selling tickets to I bought one for b129 the caught motor taxi to my house from Sukhimvit for B40 and got home an hour earlier than I expected.

Bell service pickup and delivery is great if you have large suitcases that can't fit on motor bike.

I recently took the gov't blue and white bus from the airport to pattaya and back (124 baht) each way, clean modern buses with seat belts approx. 1 hour 40 mins each way, good service and I will use it again.

Thanks pmgthailand,

Can you please share some details on this service, regarding:

1. - Departure times from Swampy to Pattaya.

2. - I assume it stops in Pattaya at one place, the North Pattaya Terminal just in from Sukhuvit, is that correct? (Which is just fine for me)

3. - Is it easy to find this bus at Swampy?

Bus terminal is in Jomtiem at the Foodmart Plaza across the street from Pan Pan Italian restaurant, it does not stop at any other terminals in Pattaya, on the way in it stopped once at a bus stop on Suukumvit that was all. At the airport got to the ground floor entrance # 8. It leave the airport every two hours odds numbers (0900-1100-1300 etc. and leaves Pattaya even hours ie. 1000-1200-1400 etc.)

I recently took the gov't blue and white bus from the airport to pattaya and back (124 baht) each way, clean modern buses with seat belts approx. 1 hour 40 mins each way, good service and I will use it again.

Thanks pmgthailand,

Can you please share some details on this service, regarding:

1. - Departure times from Swampy to Pattaya.

2. - I assume it stops in Pattaya at one place, the North Pattaya Terminal just in from Sukhuvit, is that correct? (Which is just fine for me)

3. - Is it easy to find this bus at Swampy?

Bus terminal is in Jomtiem at the Foodmart Plaza across the street from Pan Pan Italian restaurant, it does not stop at any other terminals in Pattaya, on the way in it stopped once at a bus stop on Suukumvit that was all. At the airport got to the ground floor entrance # 8. It leave the airport every two hours odds numbers (0900-1100-1300 etc. and leaves Pattaya even hours ie. 1000-1200-1400 etc.)

D

ear pmgthailand,

Thanks for the bus details, exactly what I needed to know, now I can book my flight from Chiang Mai so that the wait period for the bus is minimal.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

While only scheduled stop is at bus terminal in Jomtiem you can ask the driver to stop anywhere on the route and he will, so stop at Pattaya Nua, Klang or Tai and catch baht bus or motor taxi from there into Pattaya if that is your destination.

• 3 weeks later...