Any Russian Speakers Please?

timekeeper

Sadly when the Iron Curtain came down the orderly Communist lifestyle where you were shipped off to the Gulag / Salt Mines for queue jumping for a single potato has ended.

I work in a former Soviet republic that will remain nameless for my own safety.....and the only manners I see are ...bad....In 2 years I have never had a "Good Morning / Good Night / Hello / how are you doing from any (male) work colleague. If a local male sees a foreigner approaching he will spit a large mouthful of saliva on the pavement as a form of insult on the ground you walk on.....nice !

There are loads of threads on T.V. that use the word "mafia" ...I strongly advise that no one get involved with anyone from "these particular necks of the woods" and avoid any confrontation ....in the long run a few more minutes in the air conditioned comfort of a 7/11 is better than being dead or on having a hospital bill from the BKK Pattaya....patience is a virtue and I have to use loads of it at home in Jomtien and where I work.....:jap:

Better to learn Thai so that you know in future how to say to the shop assistant 'would you mind serving me next please as this [expletive deleted] [racial slur national identifier depeted] has shown his cultural insensitivity and pushed in'

Hope that's not to rich for you Rimmer :rolleyes:

It's especially bad at Tesco/Lotus. Sometimes one will jump the queue and then motion for their Russian associates to get in front of them. I usually jump in front of them (the queue jumpers) move their stuff aside and point to the end of the queue. They usually get the idea and the clerk also understands that they jumped the queue.

for translation you can go to google and look for translation... you type in the phrase in English and then it will write it out in Russian...and there is an icon where you can have the one word pronounced for you.

Or you could buy a translating device that have voice chips and then you would have the spelling and an oral translation. Multi purpose and should further communication be required...your good to go. The one I bought at Mike's 15yrs ago has six languages including Russian. I only bought the Thai/English voice chip and found it very helpful. I have seen more modern/streamlined versions since. They did not have Tuk Com back then.

What is it with you all, seeing Arabs and Russians jump ques.

Never, and I mean never I witnessed anything like it, apart from the daft Thais who always think that asking a brief question can be done in between.

I take it you don't shop at Tesco/Lotus in south Pattaya. At one time, Russians jumping queues was a very common experience. It was beginning to be very annoying. Although I haven't noticed it lately.

Never, and I mean never I witnessed anything like it, apart from the daft Thais who always think that asking a brief question can be done in between.

I take it you don't shop at Tesco/Lotus in south Pattaya. At one time, Russians jumping queues was a very common experience. It was beginning to be very annoying. Although I haven't noticed it lately.

my most commonly seen incidents lately have been at the credit card advance purchase desks in the food hall in Festival Central Beach

they simply march up the to the desk, totally ignoring the roped off areas where other people queue and wait to be served and thrust the money in the cashiers faces

if they try to tell them to use the queue area they seem to curse at them and thrust the money even harder or walk off in disgust

you can also seeing intrusions by whole families at the nearby crepes shop

one stands in the queue then 5 or 6 more join them

this happened the other day at Dairy Queen in Carrefour too, one young girl (with the obligatory braids a la Bo Derrick of 10 fame ) then six more adults joined her when she got served and all ordered away, totally oblivious to the protests from other customers in the line

if you were look up ''ignorant'' in the dictionary, i am sure you will find some reference to their barbaric Mongol descendants

my most commonly seen incidents lately have been at the credit card advance purchase desks in the food hall in Festival Central Beach

they simply march up the to the desk, totally ignoring the roped off areas where other people queue and wait to be served and thrust the money in the cashiers faces

if they try to tell them to use the queue area they seem to curse at them and thrust the money even harder or walk off in disgust

this happened the other day at Dairy Queen in Carrefour too, one young girl (with the obligatory braids a la Bo Derrick of 10 fame ) then six more adults joined her when she got served and all ordered away, totally oblivious to the protests from other customers in the line

if you were look up ''ignorant'' in the dictionary, i am sure you will find some reference to their barbaric Mongol descendants

MMMmmm I agree old Ghengis has a lot to answer for - his hordes are going to take over the planet...BUT before you get really worked up about queue jumpers ...take a look at this on BBC World...it was worth waiting to get 10.5 million quid...!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11969987

fuc_ky lucker......:blink:

MMMmmm I agree old Ghengis has a lot to answer for - his hordes are going to take over the planet...BUT before you get really worked up about queue jumpers ...take a look at this on BBC World...it was worth waiting to get 10.5 million quid...!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-11969987

fuc_ky lucker......:blink:

great story!

som nom na the jumper......