Best Deal On Pajero Sport 2.5 Gt

Big Guns

I know that Moon River has got his Motor Show special deal thread, I just wanted to know what deals people have organised recently from their Mitsu dealer. I was offered the following deal in Rayong today for the Pajero Sport 2.5 GT; free insurance, road tax, window film, window rain covers, mats, rear camera, mirror covers/indicators, back spoiler and Ralli Art reg plates. Also they offered 500K THB trade in for my wife's 2 year old top model Honda City. I declined the GPS as I already have a Garmin unit. Was this a good deal? Could I expect to get more for the City privately? Its the top model city with 28K Kilometres which I paid 694 K THB in December 2008. Thanks in advance for the replies. I'd be interested to hear from Moon River as he seems to be the man in the know. Cheers.

500K seems low for the City (assuming good condition - it's very low K's) - going prices for better 2009 models are around the 600K mark (dealer price), so I'd expect it to pull 540-550K as a trade-in. Selling private will get you a little more money (not a lot) but may not be worth the headache/delay. Push the dealer for more and save yourself the trouble :)

The standard freebie set appears to be in-line with most recent deals, but what have they offered you to forego the GPS? I'd be looking for another 10K Baht discount or something like the 4 piece OEM skirt kit in lieu of it..

With the film, make sure they're giving you either 3M or Lamina brand (cheaper brands are half the cost), and have a look at the color swatches and choose the shade you want otherwise they'll give you something you'll probably hate. Don't forget to get the front windscreen tinted as well - it makes a huge difference in this car.

You haven't mentioned whether your financing or not? Advertised interest rates are 1.69% for Pajero Sport, but can be negotiated to 1.2% with 25% down, 48 months repayments at the moment. The standard Mitsu lender is Adyudhya (Car 4 Cash) who are very farang-friendly.

Cheers Moon River that was a quick reply. The plan was to pay cash. The alternative would be to take some on finance e.g 300K THB if it would get me a better deal. I realise that cash to a dealer isn't really an incentive. I'll try the dealer again, plus there's a new Mitsu dealer just opened in Rayong so they could be worth a try. Thanks again.

I noticed that you declined the GPS - good thinking if they quoted you the Alpine unit. Do not - I repeat, DO NOT under ANY circumstances buy the Alpine navigator. The Alpine Navigator has to be the biggest piece of <deleted> I have EVER owned.

Cheers Moon River that was a quick reply. The plan was to pay cash. The alternative would be to take some on finance e.g 300K THB if it would get me a better deal. I realise that cash to a dealer isn't really an incentive. I'll try the dealer again, plus there's a new Mitsu dealer just opened in Rayong so they could be worth a try. Thanks again.

Can you give the locations of the two Mistu dealers in Rayong.

There are 3 Mitsu dealers in Rayong, coming from Ban Chang on the Sukhumvit they are;

1)Go through the traffic lights at Maptaphut town, go through the next set of traffic lights then its about 300 metres away on the opposite side of the road

2) The new one Mitsu dealer has opened up on the Sukhumvit road just before Home Pro

3) This one is located just after the main Tesco in Rayong on the opposite side of the road

I think dealers 1 and 2 are owned by the same firm.

I noticed that you declined the GPS - good thinking if they quoted you the Alpine unit. Do not - I repeat, DO NOT under ANY circumstances buy the Alpine navigator. The Alpine Navigator has to be the biggest piece of <deleted> I have EVER owned.

Have to agree, waste of space the gps, it has however shown me 2 shortcuts from Seacon to my house that take 30 mins longer :D.

the packages you have been offered is about the same I got from the dealer in Srinikarin rd close to Seacon. Very helpfull staff, brought the car to me to test drive, and came and did all the paperwork at my home.