Christmas Dinner 2010 At The Olde Bell Exclusively For Thai Visa Members

OldeBellPedr

Christmas Dinner 2010

You are cordially invited to join us for Christmas at The Olde Bell. The place to be for Brits and Aussies this Christmas! There will be three sittings: 7pm on Christmas Eve (Friday 24th December) 1pm on Christmas Day and 7.30pm on Christmas Day

The Bill of Fayre will include:

A Welcome Glass of Sherry or Vodka and Mixer or Orange juice

- - - - - - -

Prawn Cocktail in a Marie Rose Sauce

or

Tomato Soup

both served with homemade bread

- - - - - - -

Roast Breast and Leg of Turkey, served with Roast Potatoes, Onion Mash, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots and Broccoli, Served with

Sage and Onion Stuffing, Chestnut Stuffing, Turkey Gravy, Bread Sauce and Cranberry Sauce

- - - - - - - -

Traditional Christmas Pudding served with Rum Sauce

- - - - - - - -

A free drink: Pint of regular priced Draught Beer, Large Bottle of local beer, a large glass of house wine

or a glass of Coke, Fanta Sprite or Orange Juice

We are now in our 5th Christmas at The Olde Bell and have build up a store of knowledge about what makes a good Brit/Aussie Christmas Dinner. Christmas Day at 1pm tends to be more family orientated with table presents, presents for any children that come along and my sons and nieces will provide background noise for an hour or two! whereas the evening sittings are more geared to adults. Tickets are on sale behind the bar priced at 650 baht (585 baht if you are a Gold Card Member here at The Bell). As of this morning the 1pm sitting is over ½ full, and the two evening sittings are filling up well too. Tickets have been ofered to Gold Card Members up until now, now exclusively to ThaiVisa members. Following the Thai Visa Party on Saturday, tickets will be offered to the general public.

Vegetarians can be catered for by substituting the turkey for a Chestnut Roast, or we can provide another of our vegetarian options by prior notice.

Children are most welcome. Children under 3 are free, children 4-9 are quarter full price, children 10-14 are half full price and children 15 to 18 are 75% of the full price. Children must be accompanied by adults and supervised by them.

Edited by OldeBellPedr

"You are cordially invited to join us for Christmas at The Olde Bell. The place to be for Brits and Aussies this Christmas!"

So does this mean other nationalities are not welcome?

not at all! It's just that the pub is geared toward the needs of Brits and Aussies and the food and atmosphere reflect that.

Of course anyone who likes a traditional Christmas Dinner is welcome. By saying that our Christas Dinner is orientated toward British and Australians, i was just trying to give an idea of the way we present our Christmas Dinner.

If you enjoy a good family Christmas - even if oyur are on your own, our 1 o'clock sitting will suit you.

If you like a slightly more adult setting then either Christmas Eve or Christmas Night may suit

I think I will go to the Old Bell for one dinner and then to Gekko Garden for another.

It's very unlikely that you'd have room for any more food after our Christmas Dinner Richard!! - we'll put on a few Mince Pies for anyone who claims to still be hungry after their Olde Bell Christmas Dinner!

In response to a number of queries: If you come in and sign up for our Gold Members Card, you instantly qualify for the 10% discount on Christmas Dinner that the card offers. So you pay 585 baht per head. This offer will be valid until at least 12th December.

So the Thai Christmas Dinner will consist of

A Welocme glass of Spy Classic Wine Cooler or Sherry or vodka

Thai Seafood Salad

Turkey Green Curry with Steamed Jasmine Rice

Christmas Pudding with Rum Sauce

A Free drink as per above

This is intended for the wives and partners of those coming for our full Christmas dinner. We want to be inclusive to our hosts!

Here is there website: http://oldebell.wordpress.com/ I dont have a map to Iink you to though. But yes, Olde Bell is on Loi Kroh road. :)

OldeBellPedr, i just want to say thank you for considering those who do not drink aIcohoI and vegetarians. HonestIy dont see that foresight much at times. Now seems you pIan to have something for non-farang food paIIets. Very considerate. Kind of bIown away actuaIIy!

I've been living in Chiang Mai a couple of weeks and like the look of your Christmas menu for the 25th, could you tell me where you are? I was told you are at the night market end of Loi Kroh.

Here is there website: http://oldebell.wordpress.com/ I dont have a map to Iink you to though. But yes, Olde Bell is on Loi Kroh road. :)

OldeBellPedr, i just want to say thank you for considering those who do not drink aIcohoI and vegetarians. HonestIy dont see that foresight much at times. Now seems you pIan to have something for non-farang food paIIets. Very considerate. Kind of bIown away actuaIIy!

Hi london Cabbie: We're more at the moat end of Loi Kroh Rd, maybe about 300m from the moat end of the street, Take a look at Eek's map, that may help. Let me know if you want any more details

Eek: I guess in the modern world, there are lots of different tastes.. no way can we cater for all of them, but we've always tried to cater for Veggies (My sister is a staunch vegetarian, so I suppose I've got use to their needs!) The Thai Christmas Dinner is what I suppose you'd call a market response: Several people have asked for a Thai Christmas Dinner so we've tried to respond! Thanks for your comments!

Check out the maps LondonCabbie. Here's a bit more detail: As you head down Loi Kroh Rd you come to a hotel called the Raming Lodge (The Thais pronounce it Ramming which is a great name for a hotel on Loi Kroh Rd!!) Anyway The Olde Bell is next doot to that, sort of behind the yellow Bank of Ayuthaya foreign exchange booth. BTW what part of London did you drive your cab in? I was a cabbie there myself for a while.

Check out the maps LondonCabbie. Here's a bit more detail: As you head down Loi Kroh Rd you come to a hotel called the Raming Lodge (The Thais pronounce it Ramming which is a great name for a hotel on Loi Kroh Rd!!) Anyway The Olde Bell is next doot to that, sort of behind the yellow Bank of Ayuthaya foreign exchange booth. BTW what part of London did you drive your cab in? I was a cabbie there myself for a while.

Cheers to everyone who posted maps for the Olde Bell - much appreciated! Have now found it by going in for a cracking brunchtime breakfast.

At the moment in a ongoing intense discussion with the other half as to where to have a traditional Christmas Dinner.

She wants French wine - I want Guinness - So I reckon I may be having 2 dinners on the 25th.

Do you have a table for 2 available for Christmas - with the proviso being I'm not sure what time?

Cheers in advance Heathrow - Central London green badge holder

Hi london Cabbie: We're more at the moat end of Loi Kroh Rd, maybe about 300m from the moat end of the street, Take a look at Eek's map, that may help. Let me know if you want any more details

Eek: I guess in the modern world, there are lots of different tastes.. no way can we cater for all of them, but we've always tried to cater for Veggies (My sister is a staunch vegetarian, so I suppose I've got use to their needs!) The Thai Christmas Dinner is what I suppose you'd call a market response: Several people have asked for a Thai Christmas Dinner so we've tried to respond! Thanks for your comments!

Cheers to everyone who posted maps for the Olde Bell - much appreciated! Have now found it by going in for a cracking brunchtime breakfast.

At the moment in a ongoing intense discussion with the other half as to where to have a traditional Christmas Dinner.

She wants French wine - I want Guinness - So I reckon I may be having 2 dinners on the 25th.

Do you have a table for 2 available for Christmas - with the proviso being I'm not sure what time?

Cheers in advance Heathrow - Central London green badge holder

YOU CAN TELL I"M A NEWBIE...by the way I've posted twice.

@ Eek - Cheers for your help with the map!

@ Millwall Fan - Only just realised that I was replying to a very helpful post - When I wanted to ask The Olde Bell about reservations.

Are you a fan of the docks or of the football team?

Edited by LondonCabbie

the docks or the Football team ha! Ha!. I think Millwall inner and outer docks have been full of posh restaurants and Canary Wharf Hi-So's for many a long year! No actual docks there any more!! I did my cabbying Sarf of the river an' i weren' no green badge holder - just a humble mini cab driver!

Regarding Christmas dinner, we've still got tabls for 2 (and 4) but if you want to come along, you'll need to book fairly soon, especially for the 1pm sitting. Were you thinking of coming at 1 or at 7,30pm?