Italian Killed On Motorbike

Nawtier

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would that be news, unless it's a personal friend? Thais are killed every day on motorbikes and nobody blinks an eye.

He was not a Thai but an Italian.

That's just the point. Why should it matter whether it's a Thai or an Italian. It's only important news if the deceased is a friend or relative of yours.

Why should it matter whether it's a Thai or an Italian.

Because as a general rule a foreigner which dies on a country which it's not his own make it to the news, being this an expats forum it's natural for people to make enquiries about it too, it's rather strange that hasn't been reported yet, thanks to the OP for pointing this out, yes i am curious to know if it's somebody i know too

I have been told who it was and I know/knew him.....but the people telling us have no details about the how and why and where etc. Also it has come via someone else who got the news from a good friend of the deceased.

So, I would have thought it would have made news somewhere if correct, especially as in Bkk and not some hick out of the way place.

From Billy Wilder's The Apartment:

SHELDRAKEThis isn't like you, Fran -- you were always such a good sport -- such fun to be with --

FRAN (through tears) Yeah -- that's me. The Happy Idiot -- a million laughs...

SHELDRAKE Well, that's more like it. At least you're speaking to me.

... Sorry ... time to go off now and be melancholy. Picasso: “Without great solitude no serious work is possible.”

Edited by jazzbo

I am sure there are 1000s of Italians killed every day on Italian roads .OP do you also inquire about all of them in case you should know one ? :jap:

oh here is a clever observation, actually we already have conversations and chats in the real life, what's the need for an internet forum, Thaifan2 people here cannot understand us, let's go, you go first and i'll reach you in a minute, just make sure you wait there untill you see us arriving, we are many here so it might take a bit longer, just wait.....;)

Speaking of retards, have you even called the Italian Embassy -- you don't say what you have in fact done to help others narrow the search...

OK guys...calm down. Back to the topic. Please remember the forum rules:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

Ok let's resume it, Nawtier is aware of the name of an italian which died in Bangkok in a motorcycle accident, he got these info second or third hand but nothing else has come up so far, if you don't want to put the name in the forum, would you mind to share what you know by pm? so we might eventually get some more info by cross checking what we got available....thanks

Ok let's resume it, Nawtier is aware of the name of an italian which died in Bangkok in a motorcycle accident, he got these info second or third hand but nothing else has come up so far, if you don't want to put the name in the forum, would you mind to share what you know by pm? so we might eventually get some more info by cross checking what we got available....thanks

At last, someone can read and absorb.

I can forward the name I have if you wish to know, but not publicly as we are still not sure. From the info at hand, it is him, but do not wish to say it here just in case.

The reason for posting this was hopefully someone had seen a news article on it, here or elsewhere and I would like to read the details of how it happened and where exactly.

So, the other posters wanting to know intimate details of where he lived and so on are pointless in relation to finding what my OP requested...and that was anyone hearing about it in the news.

If jazzbo wished to carry on as a fool and not quite thought out enough know it all, cut loose.

I am sure there are 1000s of Italians killed every day on Italian roads .OP do you also inquire about all of them in case you should know one ? :jap:

What a foolish comment....thousands of Italians are not killed everyday on roads in Thailand and specifically in Bangkok though are they ?

Nor ones that you happen to know and wish to find information on right ?

To add to your highly thought out statement....I wonder actually if there really is thousands of Italians killed everyday in Italy on their own roads....lets take your well thought out figure of 1000'3...thats more than 1000, so lets say 2000 x 365 = 730,000 people killed on the roads in Italy every year.....you are a clever chappy hey !!!

If there is a fatality involving a citizen of Italy and that person was carrying personal ID, then these people know about it:.. if the person was NOT carrying ID, then they can help you locate any hospital which may have an unidentified fatality from the date described ... all else including newspaper reports and hearsay is bunk.

Embassy of Italy in Bangkok

399, Nang Linchee Road, Yannawa

10120 Bangkok

Tel.: +66-2-2854090

Fax: +66-2-2854793 (Chancellery)

Fax: +66-2-2854801 (Consular Section)

Emergency +66818256103

[email protected]

What a foolish comment....thousands of Italians are not killed everyday on roads in Thailand and specifically in Bangkok though are they ?

Nor ones that you happen to know and wish to find information on right ?

To add to your highly thought out statement....I wonder actually if there really is thousands of Italians killed everyday in Italy on their own roads....lets take your well thought out figure of 1000'3...thats more than 1000, so lets say 2000 x 365 = 730,000 people killed on the roads in Italy every year.....you are a clever chappy hey !!!

730,000 a year ?,no its far more than that surely .I have experienced Italian driving in Italy . :rolleyes:

From Automobile Club of Italy, offcial data for 2009:

Nel 2009 gli incidenti stradali rilevati in Italia sono stati 215.405, causando il decesso di 4.237

persone, mentre altre 307.258 hanno subito lesioni di diversa gravità (Prospetto 1). Ciò significa che

ogni giorno, durante il 2009, si sono verificati mediamente 590 incidenti stradali che hanno

comportato lesioni alle persone1, precisamente la morte di 12 persone e il ferimento di altre 842.

Rispetto al 2008, si riscontra una diminuzione del numero degli incidenti (-1,6%) e dei feriti (-1,1%)

Accidents

Dead

wounded

So nearly 12 dead a day. :(

Does the OP know there can be a BIG difference between being killed on a bike and dying on a bike. I suspect nobody was KILLED but someone may have had an accident and died as a result. small but valuable point, is as much as if I had not thought there was foul play I could have side stepped the landmine that is this moribund thread!