Office Chair Repair

longball53098

Anyone ever had a chair repaired? Where to go in Pattaya or Rayong for that matter? The pressure cylinder that raises and lowers the chair is defective and I need a shop to replace and repair the chair plus add some extra padding in the seat Any help here? Thanks

The office chairs in Thailand are disgusting. After going through 4 chairs -All similar problems or they jut break off the mount( & I my weight is 68 kilos) I bought a 14,000 baht chair. The chair isn't falling apart but they screwed up on the padding issue & I get sphincter soreass. Best to just get another chair. The first repair the welder torched up the chair. Even if the re-weld it. It will be <deleted>........hope you have better luck than I have.

To answer your question -

I (thankfully) no longer live in Pattaya, :bah: but there is/was a furniture shop on Pattaya Klang, about 200 meters further up from Carrefour (on the same side of the road) and I presume it's still there. The shop has an open front with chairs and office furniture (almost) outside.

This shop was very helpful in replacing the wheel segment of an office chair and did a VERY good job - they may be of assistance - ask and ye shall find - but take along a Thai to explain your problem.

I remember that they wanted payment up front - apparently too many people came for repairs but never bothered to pay and pick up their furniture.

Hope this helps

Bear, I too spent about 10+ grand for this chair from a well know shop in Rayong. We went there to ask them to repair it and they haggled with the wife and said they would call her to tell her how much to fix it after they called the factory,,,,,,,,,,now a day or so later and no call yet,,,,,,,their demeanor and attitude when talking to my wife was they really weren't interested in fixing it. When I asked if they could send it back to the factory for the fix they said no cannot do,,,,,,,,that told me what I wanted to know and we both agreed this shop is off our list for any further purchases.

Thanks for the suggestions in Pattaya,,,,,next trip there I will check it.

I also am looking to have a local welder fix by welding in a steel post at a fixed height.

If you do visit the shop on Pattaya Klang, then I'd expect them to keep your chair for a few days - they don't do "on the spot" repairs, as far as I know - perhaps just if there's just a minor repair that needs doing.

If you're coming by car, then I'd suggest you park at the Foodland supermarket, as the said shop isn't too far away - and parking can otherwise be problematic. If you don't want to use Foodland itself, for any shopping, then they have a car park extension just across the little soi that runs next to Foodland - you'd need to drive in through the main carpark, exit and instead of turning left towards Pattaya Klang again, just drive across the soi to their extension.

Beware of other traffic as you cross the soi, though, especially traffic coming from your right! ;)

Cheers

Splod

If you do visit the shop on Pattaya Klang, then I'd expect them to keep your chair for a few days - they don't do "on the spot" repairs, as far as I know - perhaps just if there's just a minor repair that needs doing.

If you're coming by car, then I'd suggest you park at the Foodland supermarket, as the said shop isn't too far away - and parking can otherwise be problematic. If you don't want to use Foodland itself, for any shopping, then they have a car park extension just across the little soi that runs next to Foodland - you'd need to drive in through the main carpark, exit and instead of turning left towards Pattaya Klang again, just drive across the soi to their extension.

Beware of other traffic as you cross the soi, though, especially traffic coming from your right! ;)

Cheers

Splod

Thanks Splod for the info and the warning about parking and walking,,,,,,,,,,we shop at Foodland from time to time and I am aware of the parking and other mentioned issues and thanks for the warning anyway.

Yeah, if I cannot locate a local guy here in Ban Chang to affect the repairs I will give these folks a check and I don't mind waiting for a time to fix it but i just want it fixed and reliable for a fair cost.

Thanks

PK

So far so good,,,,,,,,,,we stopped in to the furniture shop on Pattaya klang just down from Foodland same side and talked with a nice Thai lady and she not only agreed to fix but showed me the new gas cylinder that will do the job. We agreed to leave the chair to be repaired as needed for a not too big price,,,,,,,,,,,I expect it to be about 1500 b. No money up front for the fix.

I hope to have the repaired chair in a few days to a week but even two weeks is ok as I want the thing fixed.

So far so good,,,,,,,,,,we stopped in to the furniture shop on Pattaya klang just down from Foodland same side and talked with a nice Thai lady and she not only agreed to fix but showed me the new gas cylinder that will do the job. We agreed to leave the chair to be repaired as needed for a not too big price,,,,,,,,,,,I expect it to be about 1500 b. No money up front for the fix.

I hope to have the repaired chair in a few days to a week but even two weeks is ok as I want the thing fixed.

Good luck I hope it works. nothing worse than paying decent money & having problems.....could have got that with a 800 baht chair!

Oh, good! Sounds like they'll do the job - and properly, too! It's always something of a "risk" when recommending a place one has used, as one never knows if the service will be just as good - or even if the place has changed owners in the meantime.

Oh? No money up front? That's strange, maybe you're more honest-looking than I am :ph34r::blink:

Do let us know if the chair is repaired satisfactorily, when you get it back!

Splod

No money,,,,,,,,,,,,my face honest? Not sure of that but the wife did all the talking even though the lady could speak a bit of English,,,,,,,,,also it may have helped that we bought some stuff for about 2800 baht,,,,,,,,,and we left the chair there so they have nothing to lose if we don't come back.