Phuket To Bali

petercallen

Has anyone travelled there recently and know if visas fees are required with Australian and Thai passports when you arrive

or are they included in the air ticket taxes

Thai nationals free visa on arrival. Australian nationals visa on arrival US$25 good for 30 days and US$10 for 7 days . Not included in air ticket taxes.

Note that passport must have at least 6 months validity from date of entry.

Indonesia gov web link http://www.deplu.go.id/Pages/ServiceDisplay.aspx?IDP=7&IDP2=21&Name=ConsularService&l=en

Has anyone travelled there recently and know if visas fees are required with Australian and Thai passports when you arrive

Thai nationals free visa on arrival. Australian nationals visa on arrival US$25 good for 30 days and US$10 for 7 days . Not included in air ticket taxes.

Indonesia gov web link http://www.deplu.go....larService&l=en

Thankyou

seconded, just booked 2 tickets yesterday for travelling in January, and Airasia states visa fees NOT included.

10.100 baht for roundtrip and 5 nights in Tune hotel. Not bad :)

I booked our tickets last week for travel next year. We have been looking forward to this Phuket Bali route starting for some time now. Air Asia talked about scheduling this route a long time ago. I thought it was not going to happen, but hey it's starting 17th December 2010. Terrible flight time out at 06.30 AM, but makes for a decent time back.

Edit ...and it seems that the Phuket Saigon route is restarting, although a more limited schedule than before. That's another great short break/visa run destination. We tried that earlier this year. Very enjoyable.

I booked our tickets last week for travel next year. We have been looking forward to this Phuket Bali route starting for some time now. Air Asia talked about scheduling this route a long time ago. I thought it was not going to happen, but hey it's starting 17th December 2010. Terrible flight time out at 06.30 AM, but makes for a decent time back.

Edit ...and it seems that the Phuket Saigon route is restarting, although a more limited schedule than before. That's another great short break/visa run destination. We tried that earlier this year. Very enjoyable.

That's good news. I also found it great for visa runs and for something different. I'll check out the website.

Fair enough Aussies are all rich farangs, but maybe they should take other things into consideration when granting free visas.

Like the fact that the Australian Government (Aussie taxpayers) gave 1 billion AUD to Indonesia after the tsunami to help them get back on there feet

that works out to approx $48 AUD or 14000 baht for every man, woman and child in Aussie, with a population of 21M at the time

Fair enough Aussies are all rich farangs, but maybe they should take other things into consideration when granting free visas.

Like the fact that the Australian Government (Aussie taxpayers) gave 1 billion AUD to Indonesia after the tsunami to help them get back on there feet

that works out to approx $48 AUD or 14000 baht for every man, woman and child in Aussie, with a population of 21M at the time

We steal about 10-20% of indonesias oil with the use of australian oil rigs that drill diagonally down through the seabed right at the disputed maritime zone....so really those donations are a token gesture. no wonder they hate us....stealing 20% off 250 million people eclipses your statistics. Just google something like "timor sea australia stealing oil" . Not trying to justify anything...just handing out the facts

We steal about 10-20% of indonesias oil with the use of australian oil rigs that drill diagonally down through the seabed right at the disputed maritime zone....so really those donations are a token gesture. no wonder they hate us....stealing 20% off 250 million people eclipses your statistics. Just google something like "timor sea australia stealing oil" . Not trying to justify anything...just handing out the facts

Fair enough but East Timor is not Indonesia

Fair enough but East Timor is not Indonesia

Point taken...but the timor sea agreement includes all of the timor sea, including new guinie and west timor....check it out....we australians complain about "small" level corruption in thailand but we are as guilty as them and our early convict settlers...the convicts were hungry in england...whats our excuse? we want cheap overseas holidays? :)

Point taken...but the timor sea agreement includes all of the timor sea, including new guinie and west timor....check it out....we australians complain about "small" level corruption in thailand but we are as guilty as them and our early convict settlers...the convicts were hungry in england...whats our excuse? we want cheap overseas holidays? :)

Fair enough, We are going to Bali next month for a holiday anyway.

It just struck me as strange that Australia is the only adjoining country who's citizens do not get a free tourist visa to Bali

As I experienced this is a VISAfee for most tourist on arrival to Indonesia, not only visitors from Australia.

I never ordered a hotel before arrival, and there are hotel at every price level from 30.000 Rupiah a night and up.

Rented motorbike and moved around. Lots to see. Most of the beaches are black sand.

It just struck me as strange that Australia is the only adjoining country who's citizens do not get a free tourist visa to Bali

It's about reciprocation. Australia requires Indons to apply to Embassies and Consulates for visas (920,000 Rups) and many are rejected as they are considered high risk for overstay. No quick on-line applications and automatic approvals for them.

When Indo brought in their on-arrival visas (more a money maker than a control over who enters) they made Australia (and NZ) pay, despite protests about how much money tourists from there added to the Indon economy.

They wanted Aus to drop the visa requirement for their citzs. Wasn't going to happen.

It's about reciprocation. Australia requires Indons to apply to Embassies and Consulates for visas (920,000 Rups) and many are rejected as they are considered high risk for overstay. No quick on-line applications and automatic approvals for them.

When Indo brought in their on-arrival visas (more a money maker than a control over who enters) they made Australia (and NZ) pay, despite protests about how much money tourists from there added to the Indon economy.

They wanted Aus to drop the visa requirement for their citzs. Wasn't going to happen.

Spot on

Spot on

Australia is a nanny state, the leaders there are about making more laws and everything more difficult .... whilst there foreign policies are very hypocritical, They are never going to make it easier for people to enter with all the xenaphobes there...Its why Im happy not to return B):D:);)

As I experienced this is a VISAfee for most tourist on arrival to Indonesia, not only visitors from Australia.

I never ordered a hotel before arrival, and there are hotel at every price level from 30.000 Rupiah a night and up.

Rented motorbike and moved around. Lots to see. Most of the beaches are black sand.

Fair enough, But looking at the exchange rates 30 000 Rupiah is about $5 a night and you cannot expect

much for that amount of money anywhere.

We are paying $65 a night including breakfast, The hotel sounds good by other peoples comments and

its close to most things.

Motorbike sounds a good option as the new type Thai drivers license is valid in Indonesia but depends

on the traffic, taxis were cheap there and i believe they still are, if i do not know where i am going i prefer

to let someone else drive us around who knows where they are going.

REALLY

last few times i have been there Kuta and all beaches in the south had white sand.

ONLY beaches on northern coast( lovina) are black sand

AS far as places to see, forget Kuta,

Grab a cab at airport and head to Ubud and then rent a car there and drive around. They rent 2 wd Suzikis for under $10/day. Gas is cheap and the traffic ( except around Denpasar/kuta/sanur ) is very lite.

WE usually pay arond $30-40/night and that will get ya air con, pool and breakfast. never spent more than 1 night in Kuta before flight out although my daughter used to ( when she was younger) love the water park, One of the best in Asia. Why cant Phuket get one like theres???

Edited by phuketrichard

• 1 month later...

A few tips, When arriving do not use the dark blue airport taxis, they have no meters and rip you of,

When leaving the terminal building walk to your left and catch a metered taxi outside the departures terminal.

The money changers do not list a price for Baht, only USD,AUD, SGD, HKD, GBP, EURO, CAD, MAR and a few other currencies.

When changing money do not except 20000 notes you will be ripped of, insist on the majority of the money is in 50000 or 100000 notes.

Once you have checked you have received the right amount do not let the money changer touch the money and if they do count it again.

One AUD is worth 8600 rupiah at the airport and 8900 rupiah in town.

We did 2 so called day tours, tell the driver you are not interested in retail outlets, you can get better prices here.

The volcano is not active on the volcano tour, It has vegetation all the way to the rim of the volcano, it has not been active in a long time

The other tour we did was to a lake high in the mountains with a temple on it and we enjoyed that tour and recommend it

You need 150000 rupiah departure tax when leaving

so can anyone name some good hotels away from kuta for around $50 aussie a night

"The Budget Inn" ln Jl. Bidadari, off Jl Martanadi in Seminyak. 300.000Rp a night. Not such a thing as 30.000 Rp per night as suggested in this thread...

Bluebird is the most reputable taxi company in Bali. A guy called Darius is a super guy who works for Bluebird. His number is 081 353289663.

A Canadian couple I know who live in Jimbaran offer lodging. Let me know if anyone wishes to contact them.

A few tips, When arriving do not use the dark blue airport taxis, they have no meters and rip you of,

When leaving the terminal building walk to your left and catch a metered taxi outside the departures terminal.

The money changers do not list a price for Baht, only USD,AUD, SGD, HKD, GBP, EURO, CAD, MAR and a few other currencies.

When changing money do not except 20000 notes you will be ripped of, insist on the majority of the money is in 50000 or 100000 notes.

Once you have checked you have received the right amount do not let the money changer touch the money and if they do count it again.

One AUD is worth 8600 rupiah at the airport and 8900 rupiah in town.

We did 2 so called day tours, tell the driver you are not interested in retail outlets, you can get better prices here.

The volcano is not active on the volcano tour, It has vegetation all the way to the rim of the volcano, it has not been active in a long time

The other tour we did was to a lake high in the mountains with a temple on it and we enjoyed that tour and recommend it

You need 150000 rupiah departure tax when leaving

You can change thai baht anywhere and everywhere in Bali.

The rate is about 0.22.