Fun Places For A Date In Bangkok

futureexpat

I'm looking for ideas of fun places to take a girl on a date. I live in the Ratchada area but it doesn't need to be here. I'm usually up for something like going ice skating at Esplanade, going to an amusement park, etc. Nightlife with good food and entertainment is fine too.

Just looking for something more interesting than dinner and movies. If anyone has any good ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Try:

Kinlomcsomsapan Soisamsen 3

it is right on the river with a beautiful view of the Thaksin bridge. Great place for a dinner with a view. And it's cheap!

Baan Khun Mae in Siam Square across the street from the Novotel. Upstairs they play Thai music and the food is great.

If you like Jazz, I hear Iron Fairy is fantastic. Not sure about the food. Brown Sugar is also great for jazz.

I know it is kinda touristy, but the ambiance is pretty cool, food is OK, condom for a dinner mint is fun. Cabbages and Condoms, soi 12, Suk.

Or Thong Lor in general. Lots of cool restaurants.

If you (or your lady) haven't been before, then The Nest on top of Le Fenix Hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 11 is pretty cool. It's not cheap, so for that reason I'd eat in one of Soi 11's other restaurants, maybe The Rosabieng Restaurant, 11 Gallery, or Chilli Culture, followed by a few relaxing drinks with your feet in the sand at The Nest.

Edited by thecatman

I'll second some of these

Kin Lom Chom Sapan on Soi Samsen 3 was my first data favorite, always works for me. Took my wife-to-be there on the first date. Little did I know that it has a stunning view of her ex's condo across the river. She sat through the meal looking at his condo :-) Great food, nice music, wonderful views and a nice sabai sabai feel.

Vertigo on top of Banyon Tree is great. Just to drinks that, that will set you back enough.

Bowling is fun - it's more like dancing if you're a little drunk...

There's an Issan style club, Tawan Saeng, with morlam music, live band, dancers (G-rated) over by Ramkamkang. It's not the German Beer Garden, but I think the same idea. http://www.afana.org/tawan.htm mo-lam. You can eat, drink and watch the show. Highly recommended.

Any boat on the river suits me. Go to the ferry stop by Wat Po, across the river from Wat Aroon and take a long tail boat tour through the canals of Thonburi. Bring some snacks, a bottle of wine and time it for sunset.

Have fun

You're talking about Tawandaeng...not Saeng... located on Soi Pattanakarn near Klong Tan....

And actually, there's two different night clubs there.... the one on the left had side of the road coming up from Sukhumvit is Thai country music, usually just a very good band and singers, and the one of the right side of the road directly opposite is Isan music and dancers and shows....

Both places are inexpensive, and great fun if you enjoy Thai style stuff. However, they're really places for eating and DRINKING and listening to music... The volume is so loud, especially for farang, that any kind of talking or conversation inside is going to be a challenge.

Depends on what kind of date you're looking to have... I don't think anyone would call it romantic... But it is a good night out.

There's an Issan style club, Tawan Saeng, with morlam music, live band, dancers (G-rated) over by Ramkamkang. It's not the German Beer Garden, but I think the same idea. http://www.afana.org/tawan.htm mo-lam. You can eat, drink and watch the show. Highly recommended.

my first date with current GF-we went to banyantree, to the roof..very nice view of bangkok, food expensive but drinks not so bad, check for happy hour.. for music place i like Australian bar on soi 11 or Jazz bar near victory monument

The food i had at banyan tree rooftop was horrible- but its a good spot for a drink.

You're talking about Tawandaeng...not Saeng... located on Soi Pattanakarn near Klong Tan....

And actually, there's two different night clubs there.... the one on the left had side of the road coming up from Sukhumvit is Thai country music, usually just a very good band and singers, and the one of the right side of the road directly opposite is Isan music and dancers and shows....

Both places are inexpensive, and great fun if you enjoy Thai style stuff. However, they're really places for eating and DRINKING and listening to music... The volume is so loud, especially for farang, that any kind of talking or conversation inside is going to be a challenge.

Depends on what kind of date you're looking to have... I don't think anyone would call it romantic... But it is a good night out.

Yep that's the place. I've only been to the one on the right, Issan. And I'd agree, romantic candlelight dinner this ain't!

I'll second some of these

Kin Lom Chom Sapan on Soi Samsen 3 was my first data favorite, always works for me. Took my wife-to-be there on the first date. Little did I know that it has a stunning view of her ex's condo across the river. She sat through the meal looking at his condo :-) Great food, nice music, wonderful views and a nice sabai sabai feel.

Maybe on a quiet Wednesday it is ok, but when I visited there a while ago, it was packed with people, the music was loud and annoying, half of the food we ordered didn't come, the rest came very late, and we finally left hungry and disappointed.

This place is not far from Khao San ghetto and always has lots of farang tourists, but Thais seem to like it due to its extended seafood menu fresh from the aquarium.

There are much better places at the river IMHO.