Thai Festival In The Uk-b/holiday Weekend

slippery when wet

I am looking for any Thai festivals that might be taking place over the B/Holiday weekend at the end of this month.

If you happen to know of whereabouts of any Thai festivals in the UK please supply address, contact numbers and any internet links etc.

Thanks-Slippery

guildford i shall be there selling. is on for three days

FIO.....Amazing Thailand Festival

The Amazing Thailand Festival, organised by the Mudita Trust and Secretts, is held every alternate year.

The next Festival will take place at Secretts Farm on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - Monday, August 29, 2005.

The festival is the biggest cultural event ever staged in Waverley and includes spectacular dance, martial arts, fortune tellers, masseurs, processions and colourful markets

A street of Thai restaurants will cook delicious, authentic Thai dishes.

Come along and join us for a great family day out and experience the magic of Thailand!

It's at Secrets Farm just outside Guilford, as a number of you have said. They celebrate Songkram on friday, Thai sports & dancing Saturday and Loy Kratong on the Sunday. You can even get draught chang there atr about only 2 pounds a pint. :o

Well, the management and I shall be pitching up, as will some Thai friends. If anyone fancies meeting up for a pint, just yell. It'd be nice to put faces to nicks.

BTW - how's it for parking? Or am I better off staying in a hotel for a night?

Well, the management and I shall be pitching up, as will some Thai friends. If anyone fancies meeting up for a pint, just yell. It'd be nice to put faces to nicks.

BTW - how's it for parking? Or am I better off staying in a hotel for a night?

we will be there selling flowers for a womans agricultural cooperative.

its a nuicance for me as i have to be in london on saturday to run my business but ill be down saturday night for the next two days

Don't forget, Amazing Thai Festival, Secretts Farm, Waverley on the Bank Holiday weekend.

Trains run from Waterloo to Milford at 15 past the hour (or so BR reckon, anyway), and there is a free shuttle bus from the station to the festival.

A Lady Godiva will get you in and there's apparently going to be draught Chang, as well as the usual goodies.

I shall be wearing a little off the shoulder number (weather permitting) and will be pleased to take great draughts of ale with TVers. Or anyone else, for that matter.

The next Festival will take place at Secretts Farm on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - Monday, August 29, 2005.

Come along and join us for a great family day out and experience the magic of Thailand!

Sorry, can't make it this time .... I'm out of the country to be with my honey.

Have a few Changs for me!

Catchya on the next one, maybe Loy Krathong?

Been to the Battersea Festival for most years now. Never been to this one - or heard of it. Have just got back from Spain for a 3 week holiday, but will try to make Sunday or Monday I think. Sorry to see Spee, Rin and Butcher will not be there it was nice to meet them at Battersea last bomb scare - er I mean - last month :o

Went on Sunday - Sorry Uncle Paul, didn't see your post until today. I owe you a beer - or 3. :D

It was massive compared to Battersea. Spread out around a lake. Included rides, clown shows (separate stage) and mini-farm for the Kids. Acts on the main stage were excellent - sword fighting, martial arts, fashion shows, dancing, etc - great show.

Weather was beautiful. Food was good too - bit more expensive than Bettersea - everything £3.50 up (my "Som Tam Pet Pet" was £3.50 - and very 'pet pet').

Not cheap to get in. Under 3's was free (I lied about my youngest :o who is 4, but the size of a 2 y/o); kids 3-12 (I think) was £2.50 and adults were a fiver. Battersea is £2, 3 y/o up (I think - I always get in free - It's who you know).

I am really sorry that I missed the last 4 of these. Hope they have one next year instead of 2007, I'm looking forward to it already :D