Unsuccessful Visa Trip To Laos

A computer illiterate friend and hard-core 30 Day Walker is trying to mend his evil ways after 14 years of one year visas from Chiang Mai University and then a couple of years of 30 day stamps (after being fired for being too popular with students and too concerned about the student's welfare).

He just returned from Laos after being refused a non-immigrant visa, which he needs to apply for a retirement visa.

He brought all the documents that Chiang Mai immigration told him he would need, but the main Thai Embassy in Laos said that they weren't quite correct, and would only give him a single entry tourist visa.

I believe that he stormed out of the office (while biting his tongue trying not to tell them what he thought) without any visa, and is back on the devilish 30 Day path.

Does anyone know a some-what local Thai Embassy or Consulate that would be easier to get along with than the one in Laos? I know that they wouldn't give me a non-immigrant visa even when I brought all the right documents, and, in that case, they admitted that my documents were correct, so I know that they aren't going to cut my friend any slack when it is so easy to send him running back to Thailand 20 times trying to get the exact documents that they decide to accept on that particular day.

Help me to save this poor soul from the ultimate fate coming to all 30 Day Walkers!

A computer illiterate friend and hard-core 30 Day Walker is trying to mend his evil ways after 14 years of one year visas from Chiang Mai University and then a couple of years of 30 day stamps (after being fired for being too popular with students and too concerned about the student's welfare).

He just returned from Laos after being refused a non-immigrant visa, which he needs to apply for a retirement visa.

He brought all the documents that Chiang Mai immigration told him he would need, but the main Thai Embassy in Laos said that they weren't quite correct, and would only give him a single entry tourist visa.

I believe that he stormed out of the office (while biting his tongue trying not to tell them what he thought) without any visa, and is back on the devilish 30 Day path.

Does anyone know a some-what local Thai Embassy or Consulate that would be easier to get along with than the one in Laos? I know that they wouldn't give me a non-immigrant visa even when I brought all the right documents, and, in that case, they admitted that my documents were correct, so I know that they aren't going to cut my friend any slack when it is so easy to send him running back to Thailand 20 times trying to get the exact documents that they decide to accept on that particular day.

Help me to save this poor soul from the ultimate fate coming to all 30 Day Walkers!

I'll help too Georgie....IF you see that Chiang Mai Thai reads what you have said. The walkers are gonna be stuffed. And because of the back to backs, refused any real visa.

Guest IT Manager
Heheheheh make it George II then. The other sounds gay  :o

Not much wrong with being gay if you are generally a happy sort of chap. Have a look at the general thread about ladymen in LoS. Lot of hints coming from there for would be's or wannabe's.

Can someone correct my apostrophe please. Oh, and is my hat on straight?