Big Update

ThaiPauly

Pauly,

Does a sound device show in your Devices?

If it shows, check the Properties of the sound device. Then try and locate an updated driver for it. You can try to update it in the Device table or you can check on the HP Support site if there is a newer driver available.

MSPain

Hi Supanova,

Thanks for the link, I tried the other two members suggestions without any luck, (thanks anyway guys)I even had the Thai guy who works with computers come round and he said that I dont have a sound option any longer and should take it to a computer store to upload one.

I looked at link you provided and it says I should install a new security device before doing the roll back. I am very wary of downloading anything , so can I ask, is it safe to use this?

Thanks

You my just need to;

1. Reselect the audio device

2. Reload the driver software for the audio device. If you not got software drives you can down load from HP web site

Look in my computer, properties, Devices, if you see a yellow question mark then that the issue.

I assuming you rebooted since you done the big update.

This is simple to fix and often happens often when you get up dates.

I have sometime found you can just tell it to go back to the previous driver software and it will work fine which is an option in the device manager. Good Luck.

Any compertent computer guy should be able to fix in 5 minutes.

I looked at link you provided and it says I should install a new security device before doing the roll back. I am very wary of downloading anything , so can I ask, is it safe to use this?

Not quite sure what you mean by "installing a new security device". I don't see it being mentioned anywhere... Your best bet is to restore (aka: roll back) the audio driver to a previous working version -- that is, of course, if the audio device had been functioning PRIOR to the update.

BTW, the driver roll back procedure is completely safe.