Thailand Has Become Boring!

saraburioz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo similar to that posted by Think too Mut on the last page, should be of enormous interest to all of you, as I live in the white building in centre frame.

Four floors down from the top, the second set of windows in from the left.

That's me.

Look closer....

Coo-ee !

If only he had a telephoto lens you could have seen me strutting around nud_e on the balcony !

post-4780-1124558618_thumb.jpg

Do you fellows think that after a certain amount of years Thailand loses it's appeal?

Any advice appreciated, especially from long term residents or guys with children.

I am a fairly long-term resident(12 years) with children.

My advice to the OP is to get a grip, and accept life.

I had a crazy, wild time when I came to thailand first - I was young!

Now, I am middle aged with a family. It doesn't matter where I am in the world, "I" have changed.

I got fed up with my wild lifestyle and chose to mellow out, which is maybe just part of growing up.

Getting wed and having a family is a committment and , for me, a wonderful journey that I wouldn't change for the world. I have responsibilities, but it doesn't have to be boring.

As I age, Thailand changes as my perspective of life changes.

Thailand has certainly lost some of her initial appeal, but there has been a whole new richness in her culture and ways that I have found.

Attitude is everything.

Also, the grass is always greener comes to mind.

This photo similar to that posted by Think too Mut on the last page, should be of enormous interest to all of you, as I live in the white building in centre frame.

Four floors down from the top, the second set of windows in from the left.

That's me.

Look closer....

Coo-ee !

If only he had a telephoto lens you could have seen me strutting around nud_e on the balcony !

Looks like there are some very charming homes across the road. :o

Do you fellows think that after a certain amount of years Thailand loses it's appeal?

Any advice appreciated, especially from long term residents or guys with children.

I am a fairly long-term resident(12 years) with children.

My advice to the OP is to get a grip, and accept life.

I had a crazy, wild time when I came to thailand first - I was young!

Now, I am middle aged with a family. It doesn't matter where I am in the world, "I" have changed.

I got fed up with my wild lifestyle and chose to mellow out, which is maybe just part of growing up.

Getting wed and having a family is a committment and , for me, a wonderful journey that I wouldn't change for the world. I have responsibilities, but it doesn't have to be boring.

As I age, Thailand changes as my perspective of life changes.

Thailand has certainly lost some of her initial appeal, but there has been a whole new richness in her culture and ways that I have found.

Attitude is everything.

Also, the grass is always greener comes to mind.

Amen, brother. Things have changed since I first came here. too - but life is better than ever!

The obvious reply here is that its not Thailand thats changed but you. Have you become boring?

Once the single party goer, now the family man, few less drinks at the clubs and more drinks in front of the tv at home.

Have you turned Thailand into that life you was trying to escape from in your home country?

Mate, i think you are probably right here.

Yes, I have turned Thailand into something I never thought I would like, but with family you must change.

maybe it's not Thailand, just me :D

I think age has got a lot to do with it. I also would probably have got a bit bored with the old family life here if in my 30's. Now in my 50's and been everywhere and done everything I don't get bored. Besides my missus is letting me have a week's holiday in Pattaya next week, when she goes to see the folks :o:D

See her folks? Are you that naive? She is going to see her boyfriend while you shag other Thai girls in Pattaya. She is not stupid buddy.

The obvious reply here is that its not Thailand thats changed but you. Have you become boring?

Once the single party goer, now the family man, few less drinks at the clubs and more drinks in front of the tv at home.

Have you turned Thailand into that life you was trying to escape from in your home country?

Yes, I have turned Thailand into something I never thought I would like, but with family you must change.

I think age has got a lot to do with it. I also would probably have got a bit bored with the old family life here if in my 30's. Now in my 50's and been everywhere and done everything I don't get bored. Besides my missus is letting me have a week's holiday in Pattaya next week, when she goes to see the folks :D:D

See her folks? Are you that naive? She is going to see her boyfriend while you shag other Thai girls in Pattaya. She is not stupid buddy.

Here we go again :o

Know that for a fact do you? :D

I think age has got a lot to do with it. I also would probably have got a bit bored with the old family life here if in my 30's. Now in my 50's and been everywhere and done everything I don't get bored. Besides my missus is letting me have a week's holiday in Pattaya next week, when she goes to see the folks :D:D

Here we go again :D

May I ask how old you are, if you are married to a Thai lady and how long you have actually lived in Thailand?

Because if you are young, not married and have only been here a short time IMHO you are talking out of you a**.

On the other hand I suspect that is where you are talking from anyway. :o

May I ask how old you are, if you are married to a Thai lady and how long you have actually lived in Thailand?

Because if you are young, not married and have only been here a short time IMHO you are talking out of you a**.

Not sure <deleted> it has to do with you but i'm 32 and i've lived in pattaya full time for 4 years with my wife of nearly 2 years. :D

Are all thai wives the same?

Do you agree with this comment?- "See her folks? Are you that naive? She is going to see her boyfriend while you shag other Thai girls in Pattaya. She is not stupid buddy".

Edited by davethailand

Not sure <deleted> it has to do with you but i'm 32 and i've lived in pattaya full time for 4 years with my wife of nearly 2 years. :D

Do you agree with this comment?- "See her folks? Are you that naive? She is going to see her boyfriend while you shag other Thai girls in Pattaya. She is not stupid buddy".

Dave, I think billd766 was commenting on thaidancers absolutely garbage post, not about yours :D That's the way i read it anyway.

Dave, I think billd766 was commenting on thaidancers absolutely garbage post, not about yours :D That's the way i read it anyway.

Sorry Dave.

I was trying to comment on thaidancers post and not yours.

One day I will learn how to get these quotes right.

Sorry Dave.

Sorry billd766 i was a bit too quick on the reply there. :D

Some people seem to think life in the boonies is boring. Our place is located in the boonies in the central part of Saraburi Province. Seeing it from the main highway it can certainly look like there’s absolutely nothing to do. But it’s far from it when you get involved with the community. It’s not like Bangkok or other large cities, but there’s always something going on and rarely a dull moment here. Maybe we’re just more fortunate than others. However, I’m more inclined to think there’s plenty of variety and enjoyment to be had in most places. It just takes a little looking, interaction with people and getting involved. There might be exceptions, but there’s no reason to be bored anywhere. Of course, people have different interests.

Regardless, do the people in these pix look bored bored?

party010yy.jpg

Big party. Live pop bands.

party023fv.jpg

Big Party. About 500 people there. Loads of fun and food.

parade014ri.jpg

Local parade for new monks to Wat Hoykamin.

parade025tt.jpg

Local parade. Nothing boring here.

However, I’m more inclined to think there’s plenty of variety and enjoyment to be had in most places. It just takes a little looking, interaction with people and getting involved. There might be exceptions, but there’s no reason to be bored anywhere. Of course, people have different interests.

Well said, sir.

Actually, the guy in the white top on the right of the second pic does look a BIT bored! :o

Reading through this lot I think many of us are worried about change's, not so much in Thailand but change's within us as we get older, Now at 46 I too sit down watching tv with my now fat wife and have become fat myself, a far cry from when I first came over as a slim energetic man dating slim energetic girl's, The truth is I coulden't do what I used to do everynight anymore, so for me I go out about once a week or so, party with the girl's and have a good night, to keep up that party animal lifestyle year in year out without the help of chemical assistance is just a dream as you get older and even if you do push yourself to do it, happieness may not be the outcome !

However, I’m more inclined to think there’s plenty of variety and enjoyment to be had in most places. It just takes a little looking, interaction with people and getting involved. There might be exceptions, but there’s no reason to be bored anywhere. Of course, people have different interests.

Well said, sir.

Actually, the guy in the white top on the right of the second pic does look a BIT bored! :o

Actually, he was pretty drunk in that photo as were many others at that occasion. LOL. Here's another photo of him the next morning. He's in the back row.

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/8701/th...etings013xi.jpg

Well said, sir.

Actually, the guy in the white top on the right of the second pic does look a BIT bored! :D

Actually, he was pretty drunk in that photo as were many others at that occasion. LOL. Here's another photo of him the next morning. He's in the back row.

Yeah, but the one at the very back, sitting down on the right, looks very bored :o:D

Reading through this lot I think many of us are worried about change's, not so much in Thailand but change's within us as we get older, Now at 46 I too sit down watching tv with my now fat wife and have become fat myself, a far cry from when I first came over as a slim energetic man dating slim energetic girl's,  The truth is I coulden't do what I used to do everynight anymore,  so for me I go out about once a week or so, party with the girl's and have a good night,  to keep up that party animal lifestyle year in year out without the help of chemical assistance is just a dream as you get older and even if you do push yourself to do it, happieness may not be the outcome !

Just hang on a minute pop3, your ONLY 46. You sound as if you've resigned yourself to the Zimmer brigade already. Come on mate, stop being so lathargic :o

Well said, sir.

Actually, the guy in the white top on the right of the second pic does look a BIT bored! :D

Yeah, but the one at the very back, sitting down on the right, looks very bored :o:D

More than likely he's feeling a doozy of a hangover.

:D

Reading through this lot I think many of us are worried about change's, not so much in Thailand but change's within us as we get older, Now at 46 I too sit down watching tv with my now fat wife and have become fat myself, a far cry from when I first came over as a slim energetic man dating slim energetic girl's,  The truth is I coulden't do what I used to do everynight anymore,   so for me I go out about once a week or so, party with the girl's and have a good night,  to keep up that party animal lifestyle year in year out without the help of chemical assistance is just a dream as you get older and even if you do push yourself to do it, happieness may not be the outcome !

Just hang on a minute pop3, your ONLY 46. You sound as if you've resigned yourself to the Zimmer brigade already. Come on mate, stop being so lathargic :o

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Another 20 years and he'll look back at 46 as a time when he was still a young 'un. :D

Actually, the guy in the white top on the right of the second pic does look a BIT bored!  :D

The guy in striped shirt in the first photo with his arms around the other guy who is sitting on his lap is defintely NOT bored.... :D :D

Just having a josh... I agree with everything you said, AmeriThai... good posts with great photos... :o

I think age has got a lot to do with it. I also would probably have got a bit bored with the old family life here if in my 30's. Now in my 50's and been everywhere and done everything I don't get bored. Besides my missus is letting me have a week's holiday in Pattaya next week, when she goes to see the folks :D

Know that for a fact do you?

Dave, I think billd766 was commenting on thaidancers absolutely garbage post, not about yours That's the way i read it anyway.

Sorry Dave.

dave.jpg

davethailand (left) won the Fastest Gun Alive Tournament after this final elimination round against Jim Standridge.

:D:D :D

Actually, the guy in the white top on the right of the second pic does look a BIT bored!  :D

The guy in striped shirt in the first photo with his arms around the other guy who is sitting on his lap is defintely NOT bored.... :D :D

Just having a josh... I agree with everything you said, AmeriThai... good posts with great photos... :o

The guy (Wan) being squashed is kind of a small thin guy. Hard to imagine how he could walk after enduring the crushing weight of Dahm (the big guy). LOL. They're all really great people. Wan's business set up all the wiring for the party. Dahm is sort of an extended relative of mine and makes excellent gai yang, but not as good as my wife makes it.

I think age has got a lot to do with it. I also would probably have got a bit bored with the old family life here if in my 30's. Now in my 50's and been everywhere and done everything I don't get bored. Besides my missus is letting me have a week's holiday in Pattaya next week, when she goes to see the folks :D

Know that for a fact do you?

Dave, I think billd766 was commenting on thaidancers absolutely garbage post, not about yours That's the way i read it anyway.

Sorry Dave.

dave.jpg

davethailand (left) won the Fastest Gun Alive Tournament after this final elimination round against Jim Standridge.

:D:D :D

Was a bit to quick was'nt I? :D