Busted Copying A Web Design

Hikage

Thomas, no offence, you seem such a lovely fella sometimes but your entire post is a load of pigswill. Some companies do use templates but the vast vast majority do not.

More importantly, the 'www' is not 'free' and just because you once read about GNU doesn't mean you should hold such an opinion.

You are rather a patronising prig aren't you Bill - you even put me to shame.

My remarks are based on over 20 years experience with the Internet from before the time of WWW, through the WWW non-graphic development, the introduction of graphics and everything thing else fancy until now.

My previous appointment before I returned to the UK was for 6 years as an IT Consultant and Webmaster for an international group of engineers, many of whom, were better qualified than I was. I am currently employed lecturing, amongst other IT subjects, in Web Design at a college in northern England.

Should you doubt me - and wish to spend your time checking my true identity - I'll PM you my website.

So, with the greatest of respect, IMHO, your views are clearly based on what you see through your little screen and tempered by an antagonism that can only reflect your lack of knowledge or empathy for the OP's dilemma.

To suggest you, or any, have never experienced this dilemma - or even to seek the high moral ground - demonstrates either ignorance, a vested interest or extreme flexibility with the truth.

The whole nature of www has been "free" coding (the languages) where the "cut and paste" of routines has been commonplace.

thats correct ...

the problem is just .. that 99% of selfish and egoism bastard-customers

and users and members and whatever

just USE ... and thats not realy the expected mind.

in case you know some communication-plattforms "before nntp" ..

like zconnect and fido, then you know what i mean ...

everything for free ..

BUT the effect was a real community with shared knowledge ..

now is "just use" ..

makes "free" impossible

Thomas, no offence, you seem such a lovely fella sometimes but your entire post is a load of pigswill. Some companies do use templates but the vast vast majority do not.

More importantly, the 'www' is not 'free' and just because you once read about GNU doesn't mean you should hold such an opinion.

You are rather a patronising prig aren't you Bill - you even put me to shame.

My remarks are based on over 20 years experience with the Internet from before the time of WWW, through the WWW non-graphic development, the introduction of graphics and everything thing else fancy until now.

...............................[banter cut]

Well Thomas I have been working with the net since 1980 and have seen the changes and the regulations written and rewritten and then being bent to suit a particular purpose.

In this thread someone is complain they got caught importing, not cut and paste a web design. Theft pure and simple :D

Myself I use FrontPage since the template is editable. If I spend 15 or so hours doing this edit and someone jumps in and makes a copy of that is called theft no matter what some may say about templates.

I will remind all who read this about a old chat program called Pow-Wow, it was supposed to be maintained and designed by native Americans, however it was not and John Mcaffee was behind this fraud got caught and was penalized.

:o

When someone signs off on, work that is not theirs and then has the nerve to place a copyright notice with the design it is fraud, plagiarism and outright theft. And besides this in this thread the complainer still has yet to come forward with a URL of their so called work. It’s closed its open it’s closed its open it’s closed its open What? :D

Another point is I sent him a PM and offered free help and they stated they still could not afford a professional. Something is desperately wrong here, and after reading some of this knot heads replies I believe he is up to no good.

SARCASM …

Just one more service I offer. :D

Well Thomas I have been working with the net since 1980 and have seen the changes and the regulations written and rewritten and then being bent to suit a particular purpose.

In this thread someone is complain they got caught importing, not cut and paste a web design. Theft pure and simple  :o

There are many divided opinions on the question of copyright - not all, I share with you.

"If creativity is the field, copyright is the fence". --John Oswald