Bangkok Police Station Up For Un Prize

george

Police station up for UN prize

By The Nation

Published on December 12, 2010

Bangkok's Bukkalo police station - on Charoen Nakhon Rd in Thon Buri - will be nominated for the United Nations Public Service Awards 2010 for the Asia Pacific in the category of delivery of public services.

National Police chief General Wichien Potephosree yesterday accompanied Saudi Charge d'Affaires to Thailand, Nabil Hussein Ashri and an Assistant to Chinese Ambassador Wu Jian Ming on a visit to the station, which has been named the No 1 police station in Thailand for three years in a row, from 2008-2010.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-12-12

Police command should take notice and use this as a model for stations across the country. From what we have heard about Pattaya station in the last week they must have come last. I am sure that the BKK station is full of some high profile officers who could take this model to places like Pattaya.

Thailand has a lot of number 1 ratings. I think to be nominated for delivery of "public service award" must have a real competitive procedure. This precinct must have a lot of police owned bars, rental vehicles, go go joints, gambling houses, underground lottery, etc, as well as police box for citizens needing assistance.

Keep up the good front BIB.

Given the state of relations between Thailand and Saudi Arabia I'm wondering what the Saudi guy is doing there. Surely the theft of royal jewels has not been brushed under the carpet. 

I'm now waiting for the follow-up. Bangkok as the hub of super efficient and environment friendly cop shops?  :)

It said about public services. So what kind of public services are there that normal Thai and Foreigners would back them on. Usually their definition of public service isn’t ours.

So by the way, which Thai police station has the traffic cops who dance?

Yep.. Mind boggling!

uncletom

Sometimes you win and sometimes the others lose. Mind-boggling indeed and, nope, the station has not Mandarin nor Arabic speaking men-in-brown thoroughly trained in the étiquette politique on how to handle diplomats. The Saudi crown jewelry story, although 21 years old already, is definitely under the big Thai carpet considering that "replicas" were worn by the Khunyings and Thanpuyings at official functions. One guy asked how to do replicas without the original ...... but well, that's another story.

Like the story of the plastic bag hung at a bush or tree near a police station cotaining - YES, you got it - part of Saudi bounty which was apparently stolen by a Chiang Mai pig farmer who worked in Saudi Arabia. I understand that the gilding stuff weighted some 500 kgs; quite a luggage burden for the pig breeder from Chiang Mai!

Thailand has a lot of number 1 ratings. I think to be nominated for delivery of "public service award" must have a real competitive procedure. This precinct must have a lot of police owned bars, rental vehicles, go go joints, gambling houses, underground lottery, etc, as well as police box for citizens needing assistance.

You missed out M/cycle Hire taking up all the on street parking LOL

You missed out M/cycle Hire taking up all the on street parking LOL

Oooop's just noticed rental vehicles Der!

In this case Un stands for - "Unscrupulous nargles"

But seriously the article states that they will be nominated for the United Nations Public Service Awards 2010, that is "nominated" long, long way from winning.

I could nominate the Pattaya Na Jomtien cop shop for this award but do you think they would win?

BTW what "is" the Arab doing there?

:lol:

Edited by newermonkey