Does Your Id Name Have Any Meaning?

BambinA

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ID name is the same as my real-life nickname given to me by me mates; Bazza, Lazza, Hazza, Yozzer, Davva, Clemmo, Tommo and Jonathon. :D

he he he .... you could've made the effort and called him "Jonno".. :D

totster :D

No. He was one of those awkward buggers that HAD to be called 'Jonathon'. Not Jonno, Jonny, Jonnsy or Jon...but Jonathon. :o

Can you imagine going out for a night out on the town nicking car stezzies and calling at his house. "Can Jonathon come out to play?". Nah, a puffy name like that was the reason why no-one called for him. He really wasn't part of our gang anyway and we only allowed him to tag along with us because he was always plush enough to buy a big bottle of Dandelion & Burdock. (<deleted> is Burdock anyway?)

:D

tukyleith - hard to guess

C'mon girl...Tuk (Tuky) is my wife and I am Leith (Not from Scotland and have never been :D ) :o We are totally devoted, hence tukyleith :D

No. He was one of those awkward buggers that HAD to be called 'Jonathon'. Not Jonno, Jonny, Jonnsy or Jon...but Jonathon. 

Gazza, you could have saved all that typing by letting us all know he is a pom, no Aussie would want to be known by Jonathon surely :D

:D:D

No. He was one of those awkward buggers that HAD to be called 'Jonathon'. Not Jonno, Jonny, Jonnsy or Jon...but Jonathon. 

Gazza, you could have saved all that typing by letting us all know he is a pom, no Aussie would want to be known by Jonathon surely :D

:o:D

Perhaps Jonathon didn't want to me mistaken for an aussie... :D

:D:D

Perhaps Jonathon didn't want to me mistaken for an aussie... :D

Ouch... :D

Well done totster :D

Ice Maiden,

There are a few TV members that would gladly separate you from the youngster label, hang on to it whilst you can girl... :o

tukyleith (proud father of one girl, and excitedly expecting another child)

I have been asked many times what my user name "Narachon" means.

It's originally a made-up compound Japanese word, using the prefix of "Chonga" but I have been told on more than once occasion by Thais that "Narachon" is actually a real Thai name.... :o

The word "Chonga" is a Japanese word originally an expression from Korea.

"Chong gag" which means a traditional knotted hairstyle worn by Korean boys and unmarried men.

In the early 20th century, Korean guys began to cut their hair western style, so the word "chong gag" became the accepted term for bachelor. Before and during World War Two, millions of Koreans where brought to Japan as forced laborers, military draftees, etc. so millions of Korean words gradually found their way into colloquial Japanese language, especially the slang of the Japanese underworld.

So now "Chonga" is the most popular word for Bachelor in Japan.

Chonga seikatsu 'tte, naka ii yo na!

( "Bachelor life is great!" ) :D

A recent linguistic trend coming from the Kansai dialect has the decription of an out of town "chonga" in a snappy, funny way by adding the first syllable or two of his hometown to the prefix, now suffix of "chon"...

Fukuchon. A bachelor from Fukuoka.

Sachon. A bachelor from Sapporo.

Sakachon. A bachelor from (O)saka.

Nara and Himeji are two of my most favorite towns in Japan.... :D

"Himechon" just did not sound right ( And it would mean "Princess Bachelor" in Japanese..... :D )

So I went with "Narachon"...... A Bachelor from Nara :D

( Technically I should be called "Newchon", or "Jamaichon" , being from the town of Jamaica, in New York City, but Narachon sound so much cooler... :D )

"Narachon Aitsu Torendii...Guu na yatsu da!"... :D