Loading Zone Enforcement

PolPat

Pattaya Police are now enforcing loading zones on the beach and at Tukcom. They will chain up as many as 40 bike parked in the yellow and white parking spaces. They will charge 400 baht to unchain your bike. I think 100 baht for Thai. You have to go to Soi 9 and pay then wait to get unhooked. Beware.

I'm waiting for the day when they start fining for vehicles parked obstructing the 'bus stops', that will be good for a laugh.

I didn't know the buses were still in operation. At least I haven't seen one in a very long time.

As far as the Loading Zone enforcement. It happens every year about this time. Also stay well clear of the black and white pedestrian crossing areas. In front of the Royal Garden use to be a favorite spot for the BIB.

Enforcing illegally parked motorbikes in loading zones is not a scam. Motor bikes cannot park in loading zones. The yellow and white bricked loading zones are for loading and unloading of vehicles, not motor bikes.

Barry

Dittto.

It is most frustrating for businesses in the process of delivering or receiving goods having to park half a mile away from their destination because of illegally parked vehicles.

I think 100 baht for Thai. You have to go to Soi 9 and pay then wait to get unhooked.

I may be wrong, however, I would think that by the time the fine is issued at the police station, it would be the same fine for all.

It has been like that for years. 2004 they almost bagged my bike & I had to cough up 600 baht to pay the truck not to yank it. I didn't want to go down to the lockup & bail my ride out. It is especially aggressive on Tuesday & Friday when the Soi Bokow market is going. I am no wizard but the BIB probably gets 1/2 the cut.

Exactly...why is enforcing clearly marked parking regulations a scam?

Motos are small and easy to park just about anywhere in town so surely you moto-drivers can keep out of no parking and loading zones. "Scooter-guys" are a pain in the arse in general, as there are so many of you, so anything to keep them under control gets my :thumbsup:

Motos are small and easy to park just about anywhere in town so surely you moto-drivers can keep out of no parking and loading zones. "Scooter-guys" are a pain in the arse in general, as there are so many of you, so anything to keep them under control gets my :thumbsup:

True enforcing parking regulations is not a scam and I wouldn't park in such places but your assertion that scooters can park "just about anywhere in town" is becoming further and further from the mark. One day when you are sitting in your air-conditioned luxury 4X4 waiting for the traffic to inch forward to the next traffic light , have a look out the window at the rows and rows of rental motorbikes and motorbike taxis that take up more than 50% of the "just about anywhere's" that should be available to stop a bike/scooter, or maybe even a car! Parking isn't all that easy any more even for a bike - try getting a space on Beach Road, somewhere between Royal Garden and Walking street any evening.

True enforcing parking regulations is not a scam and I wouldn't park in such places but your assertion that scooters can park "just about anywhere in town" is becoming further and further from the mark. One day when you are sitting in your air-conditioned luxury 4X4 waiting for the traffic to inch forward to the next traffic light , have a look out the window at the rows and rows of rental motorbikes and motorbike taxis that take up more than 50% of the "just about anywhere's" that should be available to stop a bike/scooter, or maybe even a car! Parking isn't all that easy any more even for a bike - try getting a space on Beach Road, somewhere between Royal Garden and Walking street any evening.

I think the OP's title should have said "scheme" and not "sceam" misconstrued as "scam".

I'm waiting for the day when they start fining for vehicles parked obstructing the 'bus stops', that will be good for a laugh.

I didn't know the buses were still in operation. At least I haven't seen one in a very long time.

As far as the Loading Zone enforcement. It happens every year about this time. Also stay well clear of the black and white pedestrian crossing areas. In front of the Royal Garden use to be a favorite spot for the BIB.

The buses aren't in operation, that's my point. The bus stops still exist so technically you can be done for parking at a bus stop when there is no chance that a bus will ever want to use that space in the remainder of this century.