Any English Speaking Farangs

fred007

Just Curious to know whether there are any Farangs Residing around Kamphaeng Phet. ?

I frequent that province and city but rarely see and Farnags just some staying overnight at the large Hotel near the Ping River

I would be interested to know if this province is off the radar for most Farangs?????

Merry Xmas to allwai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There are some but few & far between. And mainly keep them selves to them selves. Most of them dont live in K.P.Phet but up to 20/30km out side. My ex wife live's there and I sometime's visit, only ever see tourist farang. There were a couple of peep's Farang that opened bar's restaurant's a couple of year's ago but they only lasted a few month's. Now gone by the way side. If you want a very quiet life with no Farang or Farang food it's just the place, tip you have to speek Thai to get by.

And a merry Christmas to you.

Edited by fredob43

Well I live 65 km southwest of KP past Klong Lan on the way to the Mae Wong National park.

There is me,

1 English full time

1 Dutch full time

1 Swiss full time

1 French full time

1 Danish part time

1 Australian part time

1 Austrian or German full time

The French and the Swiss guys don't speak too much English.

These are the ones that I know all within a 10 km radius of Klong Lan.

I have seen a few others including one this morning who must be a newbie as he didn't even have a sun tan.

Now the new Big C is open in KP there are usually 3 or 4 up there as well.

We generally keep to ourselves as it is a bit of a drag sometimes to go over to a guys place, have something to eat and a few drinks and then drive back. Also it is not always safe to drink and drive too much especially on a motorbike.

I have never been to the land of the egg banana but knew one Englishman who built his castle there. Loved the place but ended up getting divorced and moved on. I have heard good things about the countryside, the ruins, etc. (I am talking old building here not people :)) so really should pay a visit some time.