Non O Extension Based On Marriage

Firstly may I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have tried the "search" feature without success.

I intend to apply for an extension to my Non "O" visa, based on marriage to a Thai national.

My circumstances are as follows:

I was married in October 2009; I have 4 back to back Non "O" visas in my passport; I can meet all the requirements for this type of extension (financial etc).

My current Non "O" is valid until "visa must be utilised before 24 November 2011". So my question is when is the best time to apply, as in prior to 24/11/11 or after I do my last visa run in November 2011.

Thanks in anticipation

<br />Apply during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for the advice, but still not sure, should I apply whilst my Non O is still valid (as in prior to 24 Nov 2011), or when I purely have an entry and admitted to stamp in my Passport(as in after I do my last visa run on 23 Nov 2011)?

Thanks Lite Beer, it was my understanding that I needed to hold (as in valid) a Non O visa, therefore I shall apply/go to Chok Chai, as I live in Buriram, some 60 days after my last visa run. Sorry to be a pain, but another question, whilst I understand the 90 reporting rule. Can this still be done by post? As the Immigration Office is a bit of a run for an old fellow like me LOL. Most of the people I have met here still attend there every 90 days even though from what I have read on the Thai Immigration.gov web site indicates it can be done by post.

Thanks.

Thanks Lite Beer, it was my understanding that I needed to hold (as in valid) a Non O visa, therefore I shall apply/go to Chok Chai, as I live in Buriram, some 60 days after my last visa run. Sorry to be a pain, but another question, whilst I understand the 90 reporting rule. Can this still be done by post? As the Immigration Office is a bit of a run for an old fellow like me LOL. Most of the people I have met here still attend there every 90 days even though from what I have read on the Thai Immigration.gov web site indicates it can be done by post.

Thanks.

Chok Chai does not accept 90 day reports by mail.

Thanks again mxyzptlk for the advice, as you will see from the number of my posts and my date of joining the forum I have never felt the need to ask a question before, and as I am sure the advice from other members is far better than mine,therefore not a lot of need to respond.

So it looks like a trip to Chok Chai every 90 days.

Thanks again mxyzptlk and ThaiVisa.

PS I receive no financial reward for this post and endorsement (not even a box of Leo LOL)

Thanks again mxyzptlk for the advice, as you will see from the number of my posts and my date of joining the forum I have never felt the need to ask a question before, and as I am sure the advice from other members is far better than mine,therefore not a lot of need to respond.

So it looks like a trip to Chok Chai every 90 days.

Thanks again mxyzptlk and ThaiVisa.

PS I receive no financial reward for this post and endorsement (not even a box of Leo LOL)

No problem.

I got my first extension even though my Non O was still valid for another 6 months, because I preferred driving to Chok Chai Immigration (round trip ~ 90km) rather than driving to Poipet (round trip ~ 340Km) to get another 90 day permitted to stay stamp.

Thanks for that Lite Beer, as you say 90 day reports are a long way away. Funny though, when I was young summer holidays lasted forever. Now every 90 days trip to O'Smach seems like tomorrow.

But hell getting older is better than the other option, as in NOT getting older.

Thanks again.

By the time your reporting comes round the rules could have changed or Korat Immigration could have moved yet again.

I live in hope but I think even I could not be so lucky that they would move to Amphur Muang, Buriram................................................But then again stranger things have happened, after all TIT.