Can Go Greek?

Dustoff

~

A Greek friend of mine and I were just discussing how we miss Greek food, salads, fresh Feta cheese...

Available in Chiang Mai?

By the way, Top market in the Airport Plaza has pita bread and various humus choices to DIE for!

I also saw the humus packs at Airport Plaza (not even expensive!), as well as Italian pamesano and German stone oven rye bread. The availability of such items reassured me that we are not lost in the north.

Cheers, X-Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Much to my delight, Tops supermarket at Kad Suan Kaew have started selling hummus (marketed as Lebanese hummus, in the cheese section). Quite reasonably priced, but interestingly, they're making it with powered soybeans - all of the hummus I used to eat in the UK was made with chickpeas (garbanzo beans)... anyway it tastes good, very garlicy... so I guess now we just need to find some good feta, kalamata olives, aubergines, okra and pine nuts :-) mmmm or take a trip to Athens! :-)

Plenty of feta cheese around.

Art Cafe's Decheeso Cheese Factory  makes cow feta AND goat feta. You can order either at Art Cafe near Thapae Gate.

The Decheeso factory/eatery also makes/offers a huge range of cheeses, meats, bakery items, organic products including delicious marmalades and jams, every imaginable wurst/sausage, frozen take-out stuff, yoghurts - all made fresh right on-site.

They have a take-home menu and deliver!

It is located in the Amornnivet Village off Hang Dong Road just south of the airport. Going south, take the left turn just before the Siam Commercial Bank (which is just before Tesco Lotus).

Happy eating!

da Dustoff

Edited by Dustoff