Thai Consulate Vientianne

Hi guys need some info on Thai Consulate in Vientianne.

I can't see any links to the address of the Thai consulate there ,any Info? Also I saw a poster message stating they only do 500 applications a day. is this true,and is the passport collection on the following day. I would appreciate info from someone whos been there recently. Thanks

You should be able to find the website RoyalthaiconsulateVientiane. I was there last month. They see about 100 people a day from my experiences, and yes passport pickup is after 1p.m. the following day. Every taxi and tuk tuk driver from the border knows how to get there. Sorry I don't have the actual street address.

Just returned from from Vietiane. The Friday 10th of December was a Holiday. So people who arrived on the 9th had to wait until Monday 13th to pick up Visas. There was about 400 applications that day, busiest I've seen it and I've been a few times. They started turning people away once the ticket machine ran out.

...There was about 400 applications that day, busiest I've seen it and I've been a few times. They started turning people away once the ticket machine ran out.

I've been there too and that's not true. Once the ticket machine and the ticket system broke, they wrote numbers by hand. It were more then 500 numbers. They didn't send anyone home.

As some here still tell people to go back by tuktuk or taxi to the border: opposite the morning market is the bus station. Just ask for the Laos International Bus Line. They drive several times a day straight from Vientiane to Nong Khai (50 Baht), to Udon Thani (about 80 Baht; 2pm, 4pm and 6pm) and to Kon Khaen (180 Baht).

...There was about 400 applications that day, busiest I've seen it and I've been a few times. They started turning people away once the ticket machine ran out.

I've been there too and that's not true. Once the ticket machine and the ticket system broke, they wrote numbers by hand. It were more then 500 numbers. They didn't send anyone home.

As some here still tell people to go back by tuktuk or taxi to the border: opposite the morning market is the bus station. Just ask for the Laos International Bus Line. They drive several times a day straight from Vientiane to Nong Khai (50 Baht), to Udon Thani (about 80 Baht; 2pm, 4pm and 6pm) and to Kon Khaen (180 Baht).

And there are always people outside the gate who will sell you the ticket numbers.

It is true, you have to bang on the door to get hand written ticket numbers, they did the written tickets for a little while but there was no consulate staff waiting there to hand them out. The people cutting in at the windows asking for numbers where being turned away on Monday. Unless 'too late, comeback tomorrow' means something else.