Online Hotel Booking Websites

RHCP

I couldn’t find a suitable forum to post other than this one.

I am looking to book a hotel in the region for next year.

Based on your own experiences, which hotel booking websites are the most reliable for credit card payments and have a reasonable policy if you subsequently need to cancel?

I always book direct, these so called OTA (online Travel Agncy sites) are paid commission from the hotels, when they request a deposit that is their commission upfront-what happens if they go out of business? you are out of luck. Almost every hotel offers what they call "Best Rate" meaning you wont beat the rate elsewhere. Use one of those engines to search then book direct. Much safer dealing with a hotel.

I use asiarooms.com (you pay the full amount at the hotel but secure your room with them) and agoda.com (you pay them the full amount and just present the voucher at the front desk). I always check the hotel website and compare the rates. The advertised rates for hotels with Agoda.com does not include a small fee. You only see the fee when you decide to pay for the room.

Max2010

The thing i hate about many of them ( agoda as well) is u dont find out the FULL price till the end and it is at times 12-15% higher.

Since searching online is only clicking,

compare the hotels ur interested in

agoda,

asia travel

accomline

asiarooms

hotelsbycity

The prices vary according to the hotel and country by as much as 20%

some u pay up front, some at the hotel

Edited by phuketrichard

http://www.hotelscombined.com/ which compares prices with online booking agents such as Agoda.

Just to check;

I am booked into the Ibis on Bencolen street in Singapore Jan 18th for 2 nights.

I used hotels by City as i checked around everywhere,

I just tried the site u mentioned and their prices ranged from a low of S$427 at Agoda to a high of over S$527!!!

I paid S$376 for 2 nights.

Like i said don't not rely on one site and check a few, the ones i mentioned i have constantly used for over 12 years and alwsys found that prices varied

I run resort's marketing and recommend Booking.com or Sawadee - good rates, customer care and cancellation policy.

I don't recommend Agoda -

1. they charge to customers 100% (booking.com or Asiarooms don't charge nothing). Then they pay to resort after departure - many resorts don't like it;

2. many hotels have higher rates - they need to pay to Agoda higher commission to be good in ranking, and have to increase the prices (all rates on their web-site without taxes)

3. Short list of resorts - in some popular areas its nothing or just few (I in Phangan)

4. very, very bad service - they just ruined one more try to do any business with Agoda (my 3-d & last attempt).

Only among people I know - 8 resorts will never work with them for same reasons.