Police Arrest American Man Openly Smoking Marijuana On Walking Street

Rimmer

^^

Like I said before - plastics. US Congress was told of the dangers of marijouana by the guy who was developing the plastics business. His main competitor was locally grown hemp, a centuries-old business locally in the US.

He made false medical statements about the effects of marijouana and backed it up with falsified evidence. From his presentation, US Congress decided that marijouana was a serious threat to society (see wavefloater's post above) and the rest (e.g. billions of name-your-currency in persecution and incarceration of pot smokers, billions in research to establish negative effects, and so on) is history.

It is absolute madness that marijouana is a criminal offense, in the US or any other country.

One of the leading 'advocates' for the ban also owned a newspaper and ordered the news about crimes to either be attributed to the use of the drug or highly embellished at every opportunity there was. The scare of the Mexican and 'nigger'[sic] rapist became real in peoples minds.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Like I said before - plastics. US Congress was told of the dangers of marijouana by the guy who was developing the plastics business. His main competitor was locally grown hemp, a centuries-old business locally in the US.

He made false medical statements about the effects of marijouana and backed it up with falsified evidence. From his presentation, US Congress decided that marijouana was a serious threat to society (see wavefloater's post above) and the rest (e.g. billions of name-your-currency in persecution and incarceration of pot smokers, billions in research to establish negative effects, and so on) is history.

It is absolute madness that marijouana is a criminal offense, in the US or any other country.

Way I heard it from a friend who'd been here over 30 years, it was quite common for people to light up, until the AMERICAN government at that time told Thailand 'to clean up it's act' re drugs (funny when you think they are now the biggest consumers of South American (Columbia/Bolivia et al) cocaine.

If they didn't, they could wave bye bye to any more funding from the IMF.

Rather like refusing aid if the Thai government of the time didn't send back all their Vietnamese/Hmong labour, breaking up families and leaving them to their fate at the hands of the Vietcong. After all, to the yanks, they were just 'gooks'. And we all know what happened there. HYPOCRITES.

Edited by inmysights

Pathetic - 4 police to bust a dope smoker, and none to stop the jet ski scammer scum.

Maybe he bought it from a non-approved supplier.

maybe he bought it from a jet-ski scammer...........

now that would be news.

But, of course, no-one would print it.

^^

One of the leading 'advocates' for the ban also owned a newspaper and ordered the news about crimes to either be attributed to the use of the drug or highly embellished at every opportunity there was. The scare of the Mexican and 'nigger'[sic] rapist became real in peoples minds.

You all should get the story straight. It was William Randolph Hearst and he owned vast tracts of timber land that he wanted to use the wood to make paper from instead of hemp. Not plastic. The Mexican thing was because Pancho Villa stole his ranch. He hired a private army led by the Sundance Kid to get it back. Actually quite an interesting story. Remember Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Same Kid.

^^

Way I heard it from a friend who'd been here over 30 years, it was quite common for people to light up, until the AMERICAN government at that time told Thailand 'to clean up it's act' re drugs (funny when you think they are now the biggest consumers of South American (Columbia/Bolivia et al) cocaine.

If they didn't, they could wave bye bye to any more funding from the IMF.

Rather like refusing aid if the Thai government of the time didn't send back all their Vietnamese/Hmong labour, breaking up families and leaving them to their fate at the hands of the Vietcong. After all, to the yanks, they were just 'gooks'. And we all know what happened there. HYPOCRITES.

Absolute hogwash. Tbere are 180,000 Hmong living in America today. The Hmong are from Laos and are now and always were afraid to go back to Laos. Not Vietnam. Because the Hmong are still fighting against the Laos government. Stop watching movies and do a little research about Tony P.

^^

You all should get the story straight. It was William Randolph Hearst and he owned vast tracts of timber land that he wanted to use the wood to make paper from instead of hemp. Not plastic. The Mexican thing was because Pancho Villa stole his ranch. He hired a private army led by the Sundance Kid to get it back. Actually quite an interesting story. Remember Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Same Kid.

Maybe you were replying to Pi Sek and not me, but you should know that William Randolph Hearst was a newspaper magnate. And a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Also, 'Mellon, Secretary of the Treasury and the wealthiest man in America, had invested heavily in the DuPont's new synthetic fiber, nylon, and considered its success to depend on its replacement of the traditional resource, hemp.'

Just an FYI.

^^

Maybe you were replying to Pi Sek and not me, but you should know that William Randolph Hearst was a newspaper magnate. And a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Also, 'Mellon, Secretary of the Treasury and the wealthiest man in America, had invested heavily in the DuPont's new synthetic fiber, nylon, and considered its success to depend on its replacement of the traditional resource, hemp.'

Just an FYI.

That is all true. But maybe there is Karma as the Hearst and Dupont families have not had a lot of luck in the past years. John Dupont died in prison at 72 years of age and who can ever forget Patty Hearst.

I'll be perfectly honest.. I'm a pot smoker, I can't go more than 10 or 12 days before I'm back on the street to score a new bag, everytime I go dry I try to go as many days as I can w/o it, I always make it to 10, but I prefer I could goto 20 but that never seems to happen, I always breakdown and can no longer control my urge to get stoned again.. I also like that system because if you don't take breaks from it; it starts getting really boring, like a cigerate.. the first 3 days after being off are the best.. for me ganja works pretty good, i'm a mild ADD person so i feel it's beneficial to take a mild-depressant as long as i don't become a total pot head, and i don't like alcohol because i have a sensitive stomach.. me and weed are a perfect match.. my only concern is the damage i might be doing to my lungs, this concerns me quite a bit because i tend to cough alot when i start smoking, sometimes I take it orally because I'm afraid of lung damage but it's so much more enjoyable to smoke it.

Well, I hope you realise how condemnable your despicable crime is, as illustrated by the same Bill Hicks who is quoted in my moniker (edited for naughty words)...

To make marijuana against the law is like saying God made a mistake. You know what I mean, it's like God on the seventh day looked down on his creation.

"There it is, my creation, perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest."

(He looks down in admiration and notices something...)

"Oh my me. I left pot everywhere. I should never have smoked that joint on the third day... sugar. That was the day I created possums. Haha! Still gives me a chuckle."

"If I leave pot everywhere that's gonna to give humans the impression they're supposed to... 'use' it." (He sighs.)

"Now I have to create Republicans."

And God wept.

I don't think we're going to see the day when ganja is served up at every corner restaurant & bar like boos is, and it probably wouldn't be such a good idea.

I do agree that pot is not going to end up as easily accessible as alchol, but have you been to Holland? It works very well there, and kids don't really smoke because it's not "cool" - it's legal. They also don't tend to take harder drugs. Some people in other countries move onto harder drugs from pot because they find out that the so-called gateway drug is, in fact, pretty harmless. So, they start to wonder, how many of the others are harmless?

• 2 months later...

Poor guy. Just a happy tourist who didn't comprehend the consequences of smoking a joint in most parts of Thailand today.

I have no idea of what the consequences of smoking a joint in Thailand are. What are they?

Do it quietly, and out of the public eye, and the consequences are that you will get pleasantly stoned. Be a bell-end and smoke it walking down the street and you are asking for a lot of problems and a large bill. It isn't that this man is an idiot for smoking a bit of weed, it is just that he is a blithering t*t for doing it publicly. My guess is that even the BIB are in agreement with that on the whole.

I am amazed at the 'lynch mob' on this forum ready to execute this guy - so many negative comments with so few positive ones. I agree he was silly to be smoking marijuana in public - I just hope he is able to just pay a fine and not be thrown in the Bangkok Hilton. I suspect if he knew the consequences of his actions but still blatantly lit up, then maybe he was trying to set himself up as a martyr for pot smokers everywhere by 'being given life imprisonment for smoking a joint'. Yes I think he is crazy, but I hope he gets away with it.

Just yesterday I was walking along Beach Road and was surprised to see two locals sitting on one of the benches sharing a joint - I couldn't see any BIB around. Further down the road towards Walking Street I was offered some by a tout - I just kept walking. For all I know, these guys could be set up as some sort of entrapment scam with the BIB - they do this in Indonesia. I think I'll stick to a couple of beers to relax.

P.S. I haven't smoked pot for a long time and am a lot wealthier, healthier and happier for it.

I am amazed at the 'lynch mob' on this forum ready to execute this guy - so many negative comments with so few positive ones. I agree he was silly to be smoking marijuana in public - I just hope he is able to just pay a fine and not be thrown in the Bangkok Hilton. I suspect if he knew the consequences of his actions but still blatantly lit up, then maybe he was trying to set himself up as a martyr for pot smokers everywhere by 'being given life imprisonment for smoking a joint'. Yes I think he is crazy, but I hope he gets away with it.

Just yesterday I was walking along Beach Road and was surprised to see two locals sitting on one of the benches sharing a joint - I couldn't see any BIB around. Further down the road towards Walking Street I was offered some by a tout - I just kept walking. For all I know, these guys could be set up as some sort of entrapment scam with the BIB - they do this in Indonesia. I think I'll stick to a couple of beers to relax.

P.S. I haven't smoked pot for a long time and am a lot wealthier, healthier and happier for it.

Well said. I agree. So many shrill, negative posts baying for this silly man's blood.

"Let he who has not sinned ...." etc

Heres the real answer to this. The Thai government should legalize and decriminalize the use and production and sale of weed. But also start selling it and put a tax on it. They should then use the tax towards education. Weed is good.