Dr Charan Mahatumarat For Ba

bl0nd3y

I know there are so many breast augmentation and plastic surgeon enquiries on this site and rest assured i have ALREADY searched the forums in regards to finding information on my potential surgeon yet have only comes across one comment which by the way was good.

Dr Charan doesnt seem to have a big name, such as Dr Amorn Pommee, Dr Witton, Dr Preecha yet his qualifications are right up there with the very best of thailand.:

Board Certifications:

- Diploma of The Thai Board of General Surgery, 1978

- Diploma of The Thai Board of Plastic Surgery, 1987

Fellowships:

- Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Surgery, Australia, 1985-6

- Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Surgery, USA, 1986

Academic Rank: Professor, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand

Memberships:

- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS, Corresponding)

- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS- National Secretary of Thailand)

- International Society of Craniofacial Surgery (ISCFS-Executive Officer 2001-2007)

- The Society of Aesthic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand (President 2005-2007)

Special Clinical Interests:

- Cosmetic Plastic Surgery

Prof. Dr. Charan Mahatumarat, MD, FICS, FRCST,

Professor & Chief; Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dept. of Surgery,

Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University; Director;

Chulalongkorn Craniofacial Center, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand

Bumgrundad international hospital + Charan Clinic

Dr CharanI used to be a member of invited speakers of Mentor Breast Forum,

He is the Professor in Plastic Surgery in Chulalongkorn University ,

Former National Secretary of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) for 6 years ,

Now he is the President of The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand ( 2007-2012= 2 terms)et

ans also a member of the American Society ofPlastic Sugeons( Coresponding =Internation member)

Dr Charan also operates at his own clinic which is slightly cheaper, and as you hear your good and bad stories about ALL hospitals its more the surgeon i have a focus on. Usually a decision would be assisted with Before&After photos but iv found alot of surgeons dont offer you that privledge due to confidentiality reasons.

I have contacted alot of the top well respected surgeons of thailand, alot where to busy to answer my questions, understandably, the bigger names, such as preecha, witoon, stated they answer questions in office only - so being in australia, im not flying over there to play russian rullet just because a surgeon has a good name for themselves. I need to trust my surgeon, and trust in their work, and have a bit of contact before going ahead with the decision.

Dr Charan Mahatumarat

Dr Kampee Karanapakorn

Dr Sukit Worathamrong

Dr Rushapol Sdawat

These are the surgeons who took their time to answer any questions, all in detail, give me advise, and generally had any time of day for me, so preferably id like to give them my buisness.

One surgeon in particular has made me feel comfortable evan without seeing his before and after photos, unfortuantley i cant see them till in office, so im still doing my research and trying to find examples of his work.

Has anyone here had any surgical procedures done with Dr Charan Mahatumarat? Did you chose to go to Bumgrundad hospital or did you use his clinic "Charan Clinic"? How are your results, and how is he as a surgeon?

Any advice is greatly appreciated but please, although im only 20 yrs old, no badgering on the complications and risks, or of fake breast appearance, as iv done my 3 year research, i understand the risks and complications involved and i have had my time to comprehend my decision.

Thank-you to anyone for taking the time to assist

• 9 months later...

This is quite an old post, so new information may not be useful anymore.

I have a bit of information to add.

Dr. Charan has a prominent picture on the wall in the waiting area of his clinic, showing him with a large group of people sitting with the King of Thailand.

So at some point he would have received a King's scholarship to study overseas, indicating that he was considered a promising top student, since this is special scholarship awarded only to the very best graduate and professional students in Thailand.

There are a lot of clinics in Bangkok with prominent surgeons, and you are right, he is not a big name, but he is among the best.

His credentials, certifications and associations testify to his prominence in Thailand.

In any case, my wife chose to have her eyes done with Dr. Charan at the Charan Clinic in Sukhumvit soi 39 about 6 years ago.

She was getting a bit chubby around the eyes, and her eyes were not opening wide enough.

I found Dr. Charan, but I don't remember how.

If my wife was going to have her eyes done, and I had to look at her daily for the rest of my life, it was going to be done by a good surgeon.

Saving 100-200 dollars was not an option.

I sat in on the interview with my wife, and he was very polite and patient, and explained everything well.

His before and after pictures of various patients, including some complete face lifts, were impressive.

My wife had her lower eyelids cut first during a short visit to the clinic, and then she had her upper lids done a couple of weeks later.

She was later concerned when one of her upper lids was not appearing as open as the other, and he told her to be patient, that he had had to anchor a muscle or something to the bone on that side.

Sure enough, within 6 weeks everything looked great.

And they still look great, no repeats necessary, no weird big-eye appearance.

Compared with several of my wife's friends who went elsewhere, and were not happy with the results, we have never regretted going to see Dr. Charan.

We went to the clinic with our children once or twice, and the nurses and even the doctor were very kind to them.

He even invited them into his office to watch TV while he attended to my wife in the clinic.

One other thing which I remember was that he said he did not do Botox injections, because he believed they weren't safe enough.

A lot of clinics have no problem giving Botox injections, especially since they are expensive, and patients have to keep coming back for more.

But it indicates that he has principles other than money as his main concern.

You've probably had your surgery done by now, but in case others are looking for information too, I felt it was worthwhile to comment.

• 1 year later...

Hi Maeklong

I forgot my logon details and the email address i used to sign up, so i had to make a new one, but i just wanted to say a HUGE thank-you for your response. I hadnt actually had the surgery yet, as a few life changing events happened around that time so i postponed my plans on surgery. Now i have just started getting sorted, and looking to go further with my plans, and have once again google Dr Charans name, to find your response to my post. Im so very thankful that you responsed, and i hope you wife is very pleased with her results. Dr Charan certainly sounds like a very careing individual, very experienced, and a great option to go with. He answered all my quuestions thoroughly (over 89 questions lol) in emails back and forth, and i just get the feeling its the "right" surgeon for me. And concidering he doesnt have a website, or images of before and afters available for all to see, he just seems like a really careing individual, who knows what hes doing, and doesnt need a website to advertise, as his clients come by word of mouth, and that keeps him busy enough. That says everything for me.

Once again thank-you for your feedback, its very greatly appreciated,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Maeklong

I forgot my logon details and the email address i used to sign up, so i had to make a new one, but i just wanted to say a HUGE thank-you for your response. I hadnt actually had the surgery yet, as a few life changing events happened around that time so i postponed my plans on surgery. Now i have just started getting sorted, and looking to go further with my plans, and have once again google Dr Charans name, to find your response to my post. Im so very thankful that you responsed, and i hope you wife is very pleased with her results. Dr Charan certainly sounds like a very careing individual, very experienced, and a great option to go with. He answered all my quuestions thoroughly (over 89 questions lol) in emails back and forth, and i just get the feeling its the "right" surgeon for me. And concidering he doesnt have a website, or images of before and afters available for all to see, he just seems like a really careing individual, who knows what hes doing, and doesnt need a website to advertise, as his clients come by word of mouth, and that keeps him busy enough. That says everything for me.

Once again thank-you for your feedback, its very greatly appreciated,

I absolutely agree Dr.Charan is one of the most gifted surgeons in Thailand. He does not have website, I just was lucky to find him. By now, I have done three surgeries by Dr. Charan in his clinic on Sukhumvit soi 39, and very happy with the result. He has the best anaesthesiologists and nurses at his clinic.

I guess my reply is a bit late reply, but I can answer to other questions you have.wai2.gif

• 2 months later...

Dr. Charan has hours at Bumrungrad hosputal, see their website.

Apparently he also has a clinic of his own, but I very much advise against having surgery involving general anesthesia in anything other than a hospital.

• 2 weeks later...

Because there are life threatening complications that can occur as a result of general anesthesia -- no matter how competent the anesthetist -- that require immediate access to ICU facilities, and the time required to transfer you to a hospital (especially in Bkk traffic) would likely prove fatal.

The probability is small, but why risk it?