Thailand Hotel Deals

RAZZELL

Following on from this thread:

What about TV members post details of any cracking holiday bargains they've found?

Last minute hotel deals, special offers/rates, get an extra night "free"...even booking website mistakes? ;)

Come on...it's the Season of Goodwill :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

In the New Year I heard about a site that is launching that will get all hotels to enter their direct rates, no more middle man. Agoda pays huge commissions I would rather deal direct. I am searching for the link. I will post it once I find it.

I am also tired of dealing with so many sites that get paid commission and charge me a deposit, I know it is going into their pockets.

In the New Year I heard about a site that is launching that will get all hotels to enter their direct rates, no more middle man. Agoda pays huge commissions I would rather deal direct. I am searching for the link. I will post it once I find it.

I am also tired of dealing with so many sites that get paid commission and charge me a deposit, I know it is going into their pockets.

You are paying for the convenience of being able to see all the hotels on one site

The convenience of their site showing them in categories and locations

Cold you imagine how many site you would have to check to find a hotel in Bangkok

if they were not all shown on one site?

It is like a bar fine, you are paying for the convenience of being able to go shopping

at one place

The new Radisson Suites Sukhumvit Bangkok have quite a good opening 21 day advance purchase offer on at the moment.Rooms from 1949 Thb.

I particularly like the look of the one bedroom suite at 2549 Thb with the option to use the executive club lounge for an extra charge although I have no idea how much.

Interestingly Expedia and hotels.com have the same rates but add on the additional tax something that Radisson.com does not seem to do so that might be a small error on their part.

Please remember before any bookings that this is an advance purchase and non refundable rate.

Why not try Agoda

They are offering up to 75% off some hotel rates and internet booking is always cheaper then walk in bookings

Try http://www.agoda.com/?site_id=1445890

In reply to the first sentence, because Agoda is no longer the cheapest when the add-ons are applied at the final calculation of price.

Yes, the walk-in price is usually high, but may actually be lower than the web agent price for hotels in provincial Thai cities. The price obtained via a telephone call by a Thai speaker to the hotel may well be lower, as sometimes will be a booking via the hotel website. All these observations are based on first-hand experience. The web agents no longer offer the same big price advantage they did a few years ago.

I think this thread is really about one-off promotions though.

William how did you hear about the site. Do you have a contact??

rgds Mark

Why not try Agoda

They are offering up to 75% off some hotel rates and internet booking is always cheaper then walk in bookings

Can you name me 1 (one) example of an Agoda hotel rate that is 75 % cheaper than anywhere else ?

A very hollow claim to say the least.

Yermanee

I think you misread the post. It said "up to 75% off some hotel rates"...not "75% cheaper than anywhere else". A claim that I am sure is true.

Why not try Agoda

Can you name me 1 (one) example of an Agoda hotel rate that is 75 % cheaper than anywhere else ?

A very hollow claim to say the least.

Yermanee

I think you misread the post. It said "up to 75% off some hotel rates"...not "75% cheaper than anywhere else". A claim that I am sure is true.

Oh yes, sorry I forgot. Agoda is a ThaiVisa partner.

Anyway in my book a company that hides the real price of what you have to pay till the last moment, is using misleading tactics, and that's true for nearly all of these booking sides.

At least at Sawadee dot com you only have to scroll over the price to see how much you really have to pay i.e. taxes and service charge added.

Permit me to not like these commercial practices designed to lure customers.

Yermanee

• 1 month later...

New Bangkok Furama Silom Hotel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what was the Unico Grande(or not so Grande according to some reports) on Silom.

As with other Unico hotels such as the now Furama xclusive Sukhumvit,Asok and Sathorn, Furama have now rebranded this hotel and given it a total renovation.

They describe it as a 4 star flagship hotel in Bangkok.

Having stayed at both the Sukhumvit and Sathorn hotels and been very pleased I am fairly confident that this new Furama hotel will not disapoint.

Hoteltravel.com have a great rate IMO at 40 USD(25 GBP) for a superior room inclusive of ABF and taxes. It seems to be available through to at least the end of March. I can find no other supplier that comes close to this rate.

Hope it might be of use to budget minded people that want relatively comfortable accomodation during their stay in Bangkok.

This is a prepaid reservation.

Oh yes, sorry I forgot. Agoda is a ThaiVisa partner.

Anyway in my book a company that hides the real price of what you have to pay till the last moment, is using misleading tactics, and that's true for nearly all of these booking sides.

At least at Sawadee dot com you only have to scroll over the price to see how much you really have to pay i.e. taxes and service charge added.

Permit me to not like these commercial practices designed to lure customers.

Yermanee

Yeah but their search engine sucks.

I just searched for hotels in Rachadapisek and out of 24 they listed only 2 were actually in Rachadapisek, most were on Sukhumvit (sois 3 to 39) and 1 in Chatchuchak :cheesy:

Edit: deleted nested quotes

Edited by PattayaParent

Another pretty solid 4 star 3 night package option at a very atttractive price from May until the end of October is available at the Rembrandt Hotel on 19 Sukhumvit Soi 18.

Total price for 3 nights in a Superior room with ABF and free internet is 70.92 GBP,that's a tad over 23.50 GBP a night with what also appears to be an offer of a guaranteed upgrade to a Deluxe room during the same period. The room is also available in April at the same price but on a room only basis with internet.

To get all the perks on this deal you have to be quick as the one free night part of the offer appears to end tomorrow on 31/1/11.

Book on Quickrooms.com if anyone is interested.

Marriott Resort Hua Hin. Book 8 nights between May and October for a rate of 39 GBP per night inc ABF and taxes in a deluxe room. The same deal on the Pattaya Marriott at about 40 GBP PN. Thats a good rate for a Marriott with the breakfast thrown in even for low season.

You can use variations on the number of nights booked but the deal seems to work best on the 7 nights plus advance rate.

Book on Quickrooms.com.

Edited by brizzle

• 9 months later...

Thought I'd bring this hotel deals thread back to the top with another good deal to be had at present in the heart of Bangkok at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong.

Priceline have this hotel on ''special'' offer for the period 1st Dec through to 16th Jan at a very reasonable £52 (81 USD) per night. Seems to be around £50 under budget when compared to other websites.

Reservation is prepaid but fully refundable up until a day or two before check in.

Note this is a published rate and nothing to do with the bidding side of Priceline.

Might be of use to someone over Christmas / New year ?

Edited by brizzle