Belly To Bum Night In Chiang Mai

IanForbes

Sunday night market tonight. Not a good night for vehicles trying to get through the heart of the city. But if you like molesting the person in front of you in the packed streets you can easily shuffle along in the crowd with a grin on your face. :lol:

I'm just glad it keeps you happy Ian!

:lol:

You know me, Kev, EVERYTHING keeps me happy. We just got back from a walk into town and all the stalls were being set up for this evening. I remember a few times forgetting about the market and we couldn't get to the restaurant where we wanted to eat. It was just as I said... belly to bum crowds and you could only shuffle along at a snail's pace.

Better to pay your money up front and not risk getting locked up Ian.

:P

Yah, I got a laugh with scadugenga's reply... and he's right. I just was having a bit of fun as well as passing on a warning about the crowds. I don't enjoy those places, or the crowds, but for some strange reason the Thais love it... and after all, it IS their country.

But if you like molesting the person in front of you in the packed streets you can easily shuffle along in the crowd with a grin on your face. :lol:]

Am I missing something, or are you just warning us that you're a pervert?

But if you like molesting the person in front of you in the packed streets you can easily shuffle along in the crowd with a grin on your face. :lol:]

Come on.

But seriously, are you a bum man or a belly man? :lol:

Haven't been in a while but the sunday market is great especially because Thais like it as much as foreigners. All of Chiang Mai is there, pretty much. Best bargains to be found anywhere in Thailand, too.

Yes it disrupts traffic but so does pretty much anything in Chiang Mai, the roads here are just hopelessly overcrowded. More and more areas in the city are now in a state of near permanent traffic jam. Very simple explanation: Too many cars.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun El Jefe,

While we'd never ... vis-a-vis the meaning of what Khun IanForbes' words meant in his head when he wrote them ... to use Bob Dylan's words in "Gates of Eden:"

"attempt to shovel a glimpse. Into the ditch of what each one means:"

... we may note that the use of the word "molest" with sexual connotations appears to be quite recent: Etymology of 'Molest :

"molest: late 14c., "to cause trouble, grief, or vexation," from O.Fr. molester (12c.), from L. molestare "to disturb, trouble, annoy," from molestus, "troublesome," perhaps related to moles "mass" (see moles) on notion of either "burden" or "barrier." Meaning "sexually assault" first attested 1950. Related: Molested; molesting."

Of course, if we consider the idea that human primate evolution has resulted in an inherently perverted uniquely destructive species, euphemistically self-titled "homo sapiens," then applying the word 'pervert' to any one human person would be redundantly nonsensical. We're still meditating on whether to be an "old man" is to be, inherently, a "dirty old man."

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Of course, if we consider the idea that human primate evolution has resulted in an inherently perverted uniquely destructive species, euphemistically self-titled "homo sapiens," then applying the word 'pervert' to any one human person would be redundantly nonsensical. We're still meditating on whether to be an "old man" is to be, inherently, a "dirty old man."

Teerak forces one to shower twice a day (at least) so I think 'clean old man' while in Thailand.

(Maybe wrong, while typing this was verbally assaulted for leaving banana skin on kitchen work surface)

Edited by sarahsbloke

Teerak forces one to shower twice a day (at least) so I think 'clean old man' while in Thailand.

(Maybe wrong, while typing this was verbally assaulted for leaving banana skin on kitchen work surface)

Forces?

My mind is working overtime. wink.gif

Hi Khun MapGuy,

What a great link to depressionguide.com: we are going to be happy for days reading each syndrome's description, and congratulating ourselves we don't have it !

thanks, ~o:37;

Or worry that we might!

By the way, the neurosis is being relabeled "Julian Assange Syndrome." Not sure how you spell that in Swedish.

Bail could get pretty expensive, Ian !