Mighty X Recon Engine

davehowden

do you want to install it yourself ?

does it need to have legal paper that you can register ?

recon in thailand can simply refer to just second hand engine imported from japan or other country .

unles syou working it for youself .

is best let a workshop who can install it for you handle it .

anyway . you can go to Sankampeng just after the junction about 1 km or so if yo look right carfully there is a warehouse that sell all kinda engine and cars parts second hand .

the Engine section is inside the Soi . there close at 5 PM and open at 9 AM i think .

good luck , not sure if the name is call " Lumk Rod sa ha Jon " if you need a map and when i wake up i will try to do one for you too tired to draw map now

Thank you so much for your help.

I was thinking of a workshop installing it, one that had a re-bore, new rings, new shells, re-ground crank etc.

If you could do a map I would be be very grateful, I live near TESCO on the HOD road so from there would be excellent please.

Again thaank you.

David

Due to the registration issues, wouldn't it be best to just have a shop rebuild your current engine? I am assuming that this shop gets all their engines and parts from Japan? If so, they would likely be "low mileage" not bebuilt, ya? Just out of curiousity, what sort of price range do these motors sell for roughly?

gy0v859gf8n0w4z1tbd9.jpg

i had Box two spot which you should not miss . which is " MARKO " and DHARA DHEVI

the first " X " is the Shop front along the main Road

the Second " X " is inside the Soi is the warehouse for Engine .

All the parts come with Paper work meaning you can go report that you Old egine is damage and you are buying a new one and that workshop should be able to install it for you and help you out with paper work

get a local Thai to CONFIRM and make sure is correct .

I Did a Mod for One of my Old retor classic Cars . covertng a 929 Sport coupe with a SR20 Engine all register and installed cost me about 75,000 + paper work that is like 5 years ago .

so i am not sure what the price now plus if it a Truck egine which i am not sure might be so much cheaper i assume .

good luck .

Due to the registration issues, wouldn't it be best to just have a shop rebuild your current engine? I am assuming that this shop gets all their engines and parts from Japan? If so, they would likely be "low mileage" not bebuilt, ya? Just out of curiousity, what sort of price range do these motors sell for roughly?

Best bet is an engine recon. Bore, pistons etc. Hopefully someone can come up with a machine shop near you.

This route you will virtually have a new engine. :)

Get the heads worked too, new valves if necessary, but usually they can be refaced.

Wow, it sounds like a "low mileage" engine from Japan (if thats what this shop is selling) might be a lot more expensive than at home. In Toronto, there are lots of shops selling these engines just for typical (not high-performance) Japanese cars starting at about $600 installed for cars around 15 years old.

It would certainly be worth checking this shop out, but it still sounds like the best bet would to just have your motor rebuilt. If these are imported engines, the paperwork must cost a lot 'if' they are actually doing it correctly. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to restamp the...oh nevermind.

the one i got is a Very nice Sr20 2000cc racing Engine .

not sure about day runner engine cost .

importance is make sure there is paper work allowing you to tranfer the engine over .

price wise you judge .

if it cheap without paper work . you get in trouble for stolen goods if you do can;t proof you buy it .

gy0v859gf8n0w4z1tbd9.jpg

i had Box two spot which you should not miss . which is " MARKO " and DHARA DHEVI

the first " X " is the Shop front along the main Road

the Second " X " is inside the Soi is the warehouse for Engine .

All the parts come with Paper work meaning you can go report that you Old egine is damage and you are buying a new one and that workshop should be able to install it for you and help you out with paper work

get a local Thai to CONFIRM and make sure is correct .

I Did a Mod for One of my Old retor classic Cars . covertng a 929 Sport coupe with a SR20 Engine all register and installed cost me about 75,000 + paper work that is like 5 years ago .

so i am not sure what the price now plus if it a Truck egine which i am not sure might be so much cheaper i assume .

good luck .

Again, thank you for your help.

I just bought a Japanese "low mileage" engine for a Honda Civic for 25,000 baht plus installation.

For a "rebuild" it was going to be 20,000, but be out of service a lot longer and no guarantee.

Edited by drtreelove

Great, could you tell me where you bought it please and what the fitting cost was?

Thanks

Dave, We used Don's '171', a shop we have dealt with for several years, originally recommended by an expat friend. Thai language only. It's near Mae Jo on the CM-Phrao Hyw 1001. If you're coming from CM it's on the left just past the new stop-lights near the Esso station before Mae Jo town. If you're going south from MJU, take the first U-turn at the stop light and it's right there about 50 meters, after the big parking lot and food stall. I trust Don the owner and Chang Aek the young tech-school trained head mechanic. Recently we thought we needed a new automatic transmission and we were going to go elsewhere, but we decided to have them check it out and they repaired ours for under 500 baht. So they are not out to gouge, but they are not the cheapest in town either; just good and reasonable. Good at auto electric too and have rescued us on the road. Old cars, always something. They have a tow truck if you need it. .

There may be better replacement or rebuild motor prices available, I don't know, but they know our car and once it was opened up to fix what we thought was only a head gasket... well we were'nt exactly able to pack it up and shop around.

I'm not sure of the exact labor price for installation as we are having some other work done at the same time, and I didn't get a break down.

Edited by drtreelove

• 1 year later...