Fastest Isp To North America?

thaitar

I'm on TOT, their supposed "Jet" Pack that says it will give me a 6MB download. Never got quite there, but occasionally 5MB+

But the last couple of days everything has gone sludgy. Bangkok is about 1.5 MB and overseas is pretty much impossible.

adslthailand speedtest to USA: Ping 305 ms

Download: 198 kbps (yes, that's one hundred ninety eight)

Upload: 51 kbps

How can I tell if my building has Premier or not? Does "Premier" means they are using premium bandwidth/backbone? I get 11 Mbps within Thailand from SpeedTest.net, however North America is only 0.5 Mbps.

Right now 3BB offers only one premier package 5 down 1 up. I'm grandfathered into an old one 3 down 1 up.

http://www.3bb.co.th...en/adsl/6mb.php

Since you have 11down, it's likely not "premier".

Hope this helps.

wanted to add, the 3/1 I have works great for slingbox (sfbay CA) and e-conferencing.

Edited by mamypoko

From what I have been told CAT's commercial packages are the fastest, but they are very expensive. All of Thailand's ISPs have to go through Thailand's International portal (through CAT), which is the bottleneck. I haven't discovered any ISP better than any other for accessing North America. I'm afraid you will have to live with it. Look at the bright side, some countries are worse than Thailand.

Edited by BB1950