Pheu Thai Reveals Populist Campaign Platform

webfact

Within six months of taking office, voters will see a drop in the cost of living.

By their use of a magic wand one might presume...

I was thinking what they meant from that is that the higher wages will make workers feel that living costs are cheaper. I couldn't think of any other explanation of why they predict that "voters will see a drop in the cost of living". As already mentioned, higher wages is more likely to cause a rise in prices because businesses need to try to make higher profits in order to pay their workers more. If prices can't be raised (e.g. due to competition), then it could lead to job losses or business closure.

Raising minimum wages to the proposed levels is quite a large jump and would be such a big shock to the system, as business wage expenses could immediatley jump by somewhere between 20% to 50%. Would there be any businesses who would actually support such policies? It makes more sense to introduce gradual rises so as not to shock the system, and that's just what the Abhisit government is doing.

Also, is the 300 and 15000 baht applicable to the entire country? Average salaries vary depending on location, with Bangkok wages being quite a bit higher than other parts of Thailand.

Who in Pheu Thai actually came up with these policies and what is their educational background and work history?

Also, why do they refer specifically to "voters" and not "people of Thailand" when they say "Within six months of taking office, voters will see a drop in the cost of living."? To con people into thinking that the policy would not be applicable to non-voters?

In the absence of an explanation of how these policies are going to be implementable and sustainable, I think these policies should be dismissed.

My dear chap, you forget, the master himself has said something like 'I'll make you rich'. Would you doubt the one who has billions himself ?

Yes, billions, gained thru:

- Massive and open theft from the commonwealth funds belonging to all Thai people.

- Tricking a business partner out of his share with conscience whatever.

- An extremely valueable telecom monopoly gained thru dubious means and milked as deep as posssible.

- Openly / blatantly changing major investment laws of Thailand for his own personal and massive gain.

- Loaning funds from the commonwealth funds of all Thais to Burms so that his company could land massive lucrative contracts.

- No hesitation to illegally / immorally sign documents so that his wife could 'buy' prime land.

All of the above open for all to see.

Well no thanks, I'd rather my kids see some ethical business dealings / see politicians, especially the prime minister, displaying high morals and good examples.

The only ones who could not be put off by the PTP Election Platform

are those predetermined to like whatever they happen to say,

without understanding it.

The business community will howl bloody murder, if they actually tried to

install those wage increases, so likely that is just a scam statement to win

cheap votes. Only the land grabbers with long term views will applaud the

dodgy loan business claims. Of course long term views are a minority in LOS.

Gee I wonder who will be running the NEW Bank.... Oh yes, PTP friends and family.

Of course, must keep control of the funds, and when there are defaults,

who gets to scoop up the properties afterward.

Edited by animatic

Within six months of taking office, voters will see a drop in the cost of living.

By their use of a magic wand one might presume...

I was thinking what they meant from that is that the higher wages will make workers feel that living costs are cheaper. I couldn't think of any other explanation of why they predict that "voters will see a drop in the cost of living". As already mentioned, higher wages is more likely to cause a rise in prices because businesses need to try to make higher profits in order to pay their workers more. If prices can't be raised (e.g. due to competition), then it could lead to job losses or business closure.

Raising minimum wages to the proposed levels is quite a large jump and would be such a big shock to the system, as business wage expenses could immediatley jump by somewhere between 20% to 50%. Would there be any businesses who would actually support such policies? It makes more sense to introduce gradual rises so as not to shock the system, and that's just what the Abhisit government is doing.

Also, is the 300 and 15000 baht applicable to the entire country? Average salaries vary depending on location, with Bangkok wages being quite a bit higher than other parts of Thailand.

Who in Pheu Thai actually came up with these policies and what is their educational background and work history?

Also, why do they refer specifically to "voters" and not "people of Thailand" when they say "Within six months of taking office, voters will see a drop in the cost of living."? To con people into thinking that the policy would not be applicable to non-voters?

In the absence of an explanation of how these policies are going to be implementable and sustainable, I think these policies should be dismissed.

My dear chap, you forget, the master himself has said something like 'I'll make you rich'. Would you doubt the one who has billions himself ?

Almost invariably, one who as taken millions and turned them into billions in his own lifetime, has done so not from altruistic dealings benefiting the many, but with narrow, hardened, self-serving impulses to profit for himself in a grand way. And with little or no consideration for those outside his private circle, or partners that have lost their usability. Thaksin is almost the prefect poster boy for the 'total avarice as a way of life club'.

Edited by animatic