Electronic Safe Repair Service -- Pattaya - Jomtien

SurfRider

There is key place on Thepprasit next to Soi 8, that has a sign outside that says safes on it. You might inquire there.

Sometimes I see that safe sold on the ground floor of Big C (Pattaya Tai) between the escalators. You might also inquire there.

There is a a guy who specializes in small room safes in South Pattaya, his shop is located in ta Soi off Second Road by the "Jomtien Bus Stop", to locate walk from the traffic lights towards Jomtien (SW) past the bus stop then turn left at the first Soi (150m) walk up past the Sikh Temple and it is on the corner of the next turn on the right (140m).

Your safe looks exactly like mine (different badge but defiantly the same), which I repaired myself, I wonder what your problem is may be able to help with advice?

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Sorry, but I don't know the location of your references "Jomtien Bus Stop" and "Sikh Temple" -- If there's another better known landmark in the area, I might be able to pinpoint what you're referring to.

The problem with the Safe is kind of weird -- It's with the manual back-up lock which uses a round key.

The batteries went dead and I had to use the key. The lock was very stiff and turning the key caused a nut that holds the whole lock assembly in place to break in half -- the lock is hanging on the front of the Safe with the key in it and the Safe won't lock. So, basically, I need to find a new nut to re-fasten the lock assembly and someone to install it. The nut is about 3/4 of an inch across ( 1.9 cm ). I really don't want to toss the whole Safe out for this minor problem but TiT, so we'll see what turns up . . . :)

Thanks again in advance for any suggestions.

The place near the Sikh temple is called Pattaya Keys and safes. His phone number is 089 242 9830. The official road address is Soi 16, off 2nd Road. If you were coming from Pattaya towards Jomtien on 2nd Road ( I know you can't at the moment ) it is the first road on the left past the traffic lights ( where all the baht buses wait ). Don't turn left towards TukCom and Friendship at the lights. It is the road on the left just past the school. The shop is about 100 yards down on the right.

The nut is standard, any half decent locksmith should have plenty spare lying around off changed cylinders, sorry I am not in Pattaya as I have a spare one you could have (free), if you are doing it yourself you need 3 tools, screw driver to remove cover screws, long nose pliers to remove split pin, adjustable wrench for cam nut (10mm) & cylinder nut (24mm).

Thanks very much to everyone for the information on repairing the Safe. The Manager of Pattaya Keys & Safes thinks he can fix it and will try tomorrow. ( Fingers Crossed :) )

Just for the record, his phones are 089-252-9830 and 082-257-3175 -- The first one is slightly different from that reported earlier - don't know which ones are correct, but between the three someone should be able to reach him if need be.

Thanks again to everyone and I'll report back if things don't work out. ( TiT )

• 11 years later...

Sep 2022

Nice Thai man speaks very little English, will open above safe for 700 Baht even though he had to come all the way to Ban Amphur,

so I gave an extra 50 Baht. He did not break lock others told me, must break lock and replace. I had a spare key in the safe.

087 609 4997