One More Tambien Ban Topic (Or Tablian Ban?)

My wife's daughter will enter in Matayon 1 next year. She studies legally in Thailand since ever. She's Cambodian national.

I'm told that, to be admitted in Matayon, she needs to be on a tambien ban (in P 1-6 it's not compulsory, a simple E visa is enough).

None of us are on any tambien ban, we just rent an house.

Is it true that she needs to be on a tambien ban?

How could she be on a tambien ban? We have a lot of Thai friends, could she be added on their tambien ban?

"She's Cambodian national."

"Having her registered on a tabien baan of a friend will certinly do."

Since she's not Thai, is registering even possible?

If she's been using an ED Visa, I would think she'd be able to continue doing so.

Since 2008 it is possible to be rgistered in the tabien baan. The only problem is that some amphurs don't seem to know the rules. At my small amphur it is no problem getting a tabien baan as a foreigner. They adviced my I could do this out of their own.

They adviced my I could do this out of their own.

"Since 2008 it is possible to be rgistered in the tabien baan."

Are you saying it's possible to be put in the blue book?

If so, and it's been allowable since 2008, why isn't that common knowledge here?

M, are you in a blue book, or do you personally know of anyone who is?

That would probably be good news, assuming there would be less paperwork. Useful for a number of things.

Terry

They adviced my I could do this out of their own.

"Since 2008 it is possible to be rgistered in the tabien baan."

Are you saying it's possible to be put in the blue book?

If so, and it's been allowable since 2008, why isn't that common knowledge here?

M, are you in a blue book, or do you personally know of anyone who is?

That would probably be good news, assuming there would be less paperwork. Useful for a number of things.

Terry

Yes, Mario, got a cite for that? FYI, I have my Yellow tambien ban, it's keyed to my wife's Blue tambien ban, which I am not on, and wasn't allowed to be, but this was 3-4 years back.

If the law's changed, I'd be interested in getting a copy of it, in Thai is fine.

Mac

I don't have a copy of the rules, they will be in Thai only. Members Arkady and Samran might be better able to help you with the official rules.

Believe the law doesn't make a distinction between a blue and yellow tabien baan, it only knows the tabien baan. But most amphurs will give a yellow tabien baan to foreigners, but believe I have seen some reports where foreigners where on the blue tabien baan.

My amphur will also give me a yellow tabien baan and not enter me on my wife's blue tabien baan.