Why Are You In Thailand?

Hans Brix

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs and cheap booze to be honest, then nice weather/beaches and food, with cheap prostitutes and Budhhism in the equation too.

Then I met a nice sweet lady too and gave up all the above, except the beaches and food.

Edited by Neeranam

I came over with my (then) fiancee (Thai). We had met in Oman where we worked in the same hotel.

We have split after 6 yrs married so now I guess I am just here for work. Don't have any plans on leaving anytime soon tho', having worked all over Asia and the Middle East I can say that I far prefer living in LOS to any other place.

The beautiful thai women.

Okay okay i'll come clean. I came for the job. I love my job because it gives me money and power and a twisted sense of self importance. The women are only a decoy so people think i'm normal. :o:D

Work.

:D

Please tell me you've got a great job with a good package!

I've got a reasonable job with a reasonable package... in a great country.

:D

My wife is Thai, I then learnt the benefits of a Thai lifestyle and how much it suited my ideals.

Ideals? So you like to lie, cheat, rip people off and sleep all day then?

I wouldn't call them typical Thai ideals or lifestyle traits... :o

Where are you coming from DavieA?

My wife is Thai, I then learnt the benefits of a Thai lifestyle and how much it suited my ideals.

Not at all DavieA, you didn't mention drink everyday and beat my wife, keep a mia noi, and spend all our money gambling. :o:D

For those interested, the "Ideals" I am talking about is the family first, the respect for the elders (Things we left behind long ago). The lifestyle is what I love about my life in Thailand, the relaxed homelife etc etc.

Lets keep it positive if we can please folks.

I was born here

actually, I am in Malaysia at the moment, and missing Thailand a lot

wow , I live in Thailand..... but I am missing Malaysia and Indonesia (the land where people REALLY smile) a lot..... but I am okay here at Thailand too..... so easy to go anywhere in the region nowadays.... the flights are so cheap.... and exploring Thailand's countryside is great too.....

I was born here

actually, I am in Malaysia at the moment, and missing Thailand a lot

wow , I live in Thailand..... but I am missing Malaysia and Indonesia (the land where people REALLY smile) a lot..... but I am okay here at Thailand too..... so easy to go anywhere in the region nowadays.... the flights are so cheap.... and exploring Thailand's countryside is great too.....

now to call his bluff...... :o:D

OK Wolfie (you must be German!!) SWOP :D:D

Mainly becasue of the fabulous cross-country skiing, the peace and tranquility you find everywhere, and the fact that everybody speaks Norwegian here!

Oh yeah - there was something about a job - and I have spotted a woman and some very small people living in my house as well. :o

I'm here because I have family in Thailand annd I didn't really like doing my A levels, don't think they were for me. I had a great time studying (or my lack of it) got some good grades this year but I don't really want a future career in Psychology or English lang and lit.

Fresh start maybe?

<snip>drink everyday and beat my wife, keep a mia noi, and spend all our money gambling.<snip>

Oh, thats why I came here. :o

Seriously, The first time I came here, I didn;t like the place, and I couldn't get on a plane fast enough. Then a few more trips, and I don't want to leave. In fact the longest I have been out of the country in the last 2 1/2 years has been one month.

Not at all DavieA, you didn't mention drink everyday and beat my wife, keep a mia noi, and spend all our money gambling. :o:D

For those interested, the "Ideals" I am talking about is the family first, the respect for the elders (Things we left behind long ago). The lifestyle is what I love about my life in Thailand, the relaxed homelife etc etc.

Lets keep it positive if we can please folks.

Sincerely sorry to all I offended.....am going through one of those "I hate Thailand stages at the moment"...Must have my period ..I'll get over it soon.

I came to begin a fresh career. Try my hand at being a teacher.