dave2

The translation:

Miracle blossoming flowers

20 December 2010 to 14 February 2011

Go and experience the miracle

Tulips blossoming in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai is the second most visited place worldwide

In honour of the kings 80th anniversary opposite the 700 year stadium

Got my girlfriend to do it, the translation I mean. I knew she was good for something.

post-110219-35989_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beetlejuice

The translation:

Miracle blossoming flowers

20 December 2010 to 14 February 2011

Go and experience the miracle

Tulips blossoming in Chiang Mai

In honour of the kings 80th anniversary opposite the 700 year stadium

Got my girlfriend to do it, the translation I mean. I knew she was good for something.

detestable beetlejuice

She is good.

She is alot better than thou.

Shame on you. When arthe thou going to beefup your Thai? LOL

She is really good. Congrats.:D

:blink: by whom ??

*** คริสมาสต์มีความสุข * Merry Christmas * Bon Natal * Bon Nadal * Frohe Weihnachten * Joyeux Noël * God jul * חג מולד שמח * Zalig Kerstmis * Buon Natale * 圣诞快乐 * Navidad Feliz * счастливое рождество * Natal Feliz * ハッピークリスマス * Nollaig Shona * Selamat Natal * Glædelig Jul * Hyvää Joulua * Καλά Χριστούγεννα * 메리 크리스마스 * Wesołych Świąt ***

:jap:

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Thanks for the Tip CM Das. Yeah, I'll be going this afternoon... in just an hour or so, and coming from Huay Kaeow to Canal Rd. The lake you refer to is the big one on the rt side that sometimes has fishermen on it, and there's a giant hotel built on the one side of it (I believe used to house visiting families of the military) ? I think I have a good idea already, and do speak Thai and imagine I can ask my way around alright enough... though there aren't that many people to talk to out on Canal Rd.

:blink: by whom ??

Your mistake. You expected 'someone's girlfriend's translation' to be 100% of what is written. Don't make those kinds of mistakes again.

(It says: "Second best place for a holiday in the world." ("Na Thiow" = 'like to visit (for fun/leisure)'.) So this may come from any of such surveys that you often see where the researcher/journalist/hack needed one or two exotic entries in the list to make it look more global and interesting. (This is how 'The Pub' ever got on such a list of 'best bars in the world' in 1986. ) And also how Chiang Mai often makes it to lists of most 'X' in the world. So I don't doubt that ever a "survey" was done that listed Chiang Mai as a number 2 city. (The survey could have been "Best city trips to take in January" or something. :) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai