Thailand Boot Has Arrvd!

baht&sold

So, after a night out with friends, I parked beside a convenience store on a suk side soi and came out 5 mins later to see a guy attaching a "Texas Boot" like this to the car... :o

post-7171-1124780992_thumb.jpg

Anyways, there was a sign WAY up the pole and covered by shrubs but mais bpen rais. The fellow refused cash, police arrived and ticket issued. I was instructed to go to Lumpini police stn and pay 200 bt.

After a quick taxi ride, 5 mins processing and 500 baht (apparently a discount from 700 the cop at Lumpini said??) by the time I returned it was already de-booted. Bloody efficient! Well, now you're warned... :D

Are these nefarious things showing up in your neighborhood? :D

So, after a night out with friends, I parked beside a convenience store on a suk side soi and came out 5 mins later to see a guy attaching a "Texas Boot" like this to the car...  :D

Anyways, there was a sign WAY up the pole and covered by shrubs but mais bpen rais. The fellow refused cash, police arrived and ticket issued. I was instructed to go to Lumpini police stn and pay 200 bt.

After a quick taxi ride, 5 mins processing and 500 baht (apparently a discount from 700 the cop at Lumpini said??) by the time I returned it was already de-booted. Bloody efficient! Well, now you're warned...  :D

Yeah, I got a bad surprise once, banglamphu area.

Had a discount too from 700 to 500 bt. :D

My boot wasn't as pretty as yours, though. :o

So, after a night out with friends, I parked beside a convenience store on a suk side soi and came out 5 mins later to see a guy attaching a "Texas Boot" like this to the car...  :o

After a quick taxi ride, 5 mins processing and 500 baht (apparently a discount from 700 the cop at Lumpini said??) by the time I returned it was already de-booted. Bloody efficient! Well, now you're warned...  :D

See them used around the Chatuchak area all the time.

happened to me 2 hours after arriving in Phuket for the very first time..... in Patong.... was a nice welcome greeting  :o

Yes - happened to me in Patong about 2 yrs ago. Fine was about 500 baht. Problem was the police fines clerk had signed off for the evening and I was told to come back the following day.

It set me back more than 1000 baht in the end after taxi rides home and back the next day. And the police left me standing in the scorching heat for 2 hours waiting for an officer to turn up and release my vehicle. :D

In central London a few years ago it was a lot more than 50 pounds! I used to work at Cable & Wireless and would start work early like 6am. I used to park my car outside on the meter because it didn't start operating until 7am. But I would get so engrossed in my work that I'd completely forget about the time until it was about 7.30am! I'd rush outside in a panic but my car was always gone - hoisted away to the car pound. It would cost 120 pounds to retrieve it!! And this spectacle repeated itself more than once! I was very glad when I finally got a new job outside of London :o