Buying Ek Tickets

tuky

I have tried several different travel agents now via email asking for some specific flights operated by Emirates. Every travel agent comes back with a TG flight at a different time on a different day. I have yet to get an answer when I tell the agents that I want the specific flights.

Is it possible to buy tickets on an airline other than TG in Thailand? or am I just being given the run around ie profit is not as high on a non national carrier or something like that?

Anyone ever had any luck? if so, what travel agent did you use?

preferably in BKK or PTY.

I would organise the tickets in my destination country but that is even harder.

I have just been told by a friend of mine that used to work in a travel agents in BKK that my wife MUST fly with TG, she cannot fly with Emirates if flying out of BKK...??????

Is this true? I am dumbfounded.

I have just been told by a friend of mine that used to work in a travel agents in BKK that my wife MUST fly with TG, she cannot fly with Emirates if flying out of BKK...??????

Is the Thai government paying for her ticket?

If they do, she may be obliged to fly the national airline.

Is the Thai government paying for her ticket?

If they do, she may be obliged to fly the national airline.

No, it is me paying for the tickets.

But I have just been on the phone to Emirates and the flights that we need are full anyway, she won't travel alone with the baby so it has all come to nothing anyway. :o

Now that she is one month pregnant we won't need to worry about this again as she will be staying home for the next couple of years.

Thanks for your help :D

A very frustrated tukyleith

I bought return to Bangkok <> London tickets on Emirates just the other week from a travel agent on Khao San road.

Whatever else they say about KSR, I reckon it's a good area for tickets - lots of agencies in a small area and cheap prices.

wow, so sad to hear that.... can't u cancel ur flight with EK (or change the date of the ticket for a flight later in this or next year) and try the airline I have mentioned in my PM ? they may have seats available.....

AsiaWolfie, I will be making that journey several times before the end of year, we have been flying that route for 2 years every 6 weeks and have yet to get her and Kitty on an EK flight, when we fly TG we have a 22 hour layover in Dubai, flying Turkish we have 15 hours in Istanbul, flying Emirates we have 3 hours in Dubai...

I think she will just stay home.