New Rubber Seedling From Malaysia

raylo

Hi

Has anyone heard of, or had experience with a new "breed" of rubber tree seedling/graftling from Malaysia with increased output and reduced

time to production?

Sorry if any of the terms are incorrect.

Whence or wherece

did you pick this info from, pls?

Local produce and seed store. Phayao Amphur.

She reckons faster growth with concurrent reduced time to "harvesting". She stated 4 1/2 years which I reckon is based on Thai

farming techniques equivalent to tapping 6 - 12 months early.

Emphatic that they are sourced from Malaysia but if no one has experienced or heard of this strain then?? Creative Marketing???

Whence or wherece

did you pick this info from, pls?

Local produce and seed store. Phayao Amphur.

She reckons faster growth with concurrent reduced time to "harvesting". She stated 4 1/2 years which I reckon is based on Thai

farming techniques equivalent to tapping 6 - 12 months early.

Emphatic that they are sourced from Malaysia but if no one has experienced or heard of this strain then?? Creative Marketing???

It could also be from our friendly global neighbor, namely, China.

She is notoriously famous for selling something under the cover of something else.

Particularly prone to false ad is the less informed population.

Fortune tellers are still flourishing in Thai cable network.

Ever accidentally come across some of them dressing sleekly enticing Thais to call in to have their fortunes read, to have their future spouses preselected or

to have their sins atoned for pennies. :ermm:

The half year earlier tapping is probably another ad enticing Thais to buy whatever they are trying to make a buck from, imho. :D

Most ads tell you something that they actually cannot provide. The quality of the ad will determine the ensuing sales.

Tapping of rubber tree early is done because people want a return on their money before the trees have reached the recognised 6-7 years maturity level/recognised DBH. the downside of tapping trees early is a reduced working life of the tree.

Personally I can`t see a 4 1/2 old year tree having increased production. New strain or not.

If it sounds to good to be true then it usually is.

Just my opinion.

C35B.

Most ads tell you something that they actually cannot provide. The quality of the ad will determine the ensuing sales.

Tapping of rubber tree early is done because people want a return on their money before the trees have reached the recognised 6-7 years maturity level/recognised DBH. the downside of tapping trees early is a reduced working life of the tree.

Personally I can`t see a 4 1/2 old year tree having increased production. New strain or not.

Just my opinion.

C35B.

Appreciate your input. The post relates to a possibler grafting that promotes faster growth and earlier returns

rather than the current - as I mentioned.

Still looking if anyone has had any knowledge / experience otherwise I will give it the usual WPB tretament.

Just my opinion.

C35B.

Appreciate your input. The post relates to a possibler grafting that promotes faster growth and earlier returns

Still looking if anyone has had any knowledge / experience otherwise I will give it the usual WPB tretament.

This might be the stock in question.

You dont need Thai to get all the info but it helps.

http://www.hinlotom.com/wizContent.asp?wizConID=77&txtmMenu_ID=57

There is also a mention on this site which I got off a post of JC's

http://www.rubberthai.com/rubberthai/

So still looking for sensible and qualified feedback.

Just my opinion.

C35B.

Thanks for the link Raylo. Interesting indeed.

Now that there`s a rubber tree that is ready for tapping in 4 1/2, 5 years. Thais will start tapping them at 3 or 3 1/2 years.

Edited by chang35baht

Just my opinion.

C35B.

Now that there`s a rubber tree that is ready for tapping in 4 1/2, 5 years. Thais will start tapping them at 3 or 3 1/2 years.

That was one of my thoughts. The other for clarification was whether the 4 1/2 years mentioned was "Thai" tapping schedule or "Western".

I was hoping JC might have put his 2 cents in as he is read as the "expert".

MY FIL has planted this new strain for an investor who also happens to be a regional primary producer inspector so I would expect to have the inside guff

on this.

At 4 months the trees were exhibiting what seemed to be double growth similar to the URL I posted.

It is practically suicidal to tap that early for anyone or any location or any kind.

4 1/2 yrs is almost tolerable, 5 is more practical and acceptable.

But then, who is going to tell you, when you are the owner, what to do or when to tap....:ermm:

Just my opinion.

C35B.

http://www.hinlotom....&txtmMenu_ID=57

It is practically suicidal to tap that early for anyone or any location or any kind.

But then, who is going to tell you, when you are the owner, what to do or when to tap....:ermm:

Huh???

With respect:Do you understand the thread and the questions? Have you viewed the URL's?

Are your statements related to the new strain? Seriously - do you have any experience or knowledge we can draw on?

Really would like to know and understand!

Huh???

With respect:Do you understand the thread and the questions? Have you viewed the URL's?

Are your statements related to the new strain? Seriously - do you have any experience or knowledge we can draw on?

Hello raylo, Happy New Year to you and yours. :jap:

Are you from Mar or Venu or others? :)

To assert yourself so strongly in Thaivisa really demands unprecedented courage.

Did you know that many members of Thaivisa are world class scientists, ranging from nuclear physicists down to the lowly rubber taper like myself? ;)

Raylo, where were you when we collected approximately 20,000 kilogram of latex per week at only 6.50 baht per kilogram?

Do you know how long ago was that, at 6.50 bath per kilogram?

Just wonder, Raylo, were you even formulated yet, when the rubber was at the fixation? Only you know and only you can answer that question, right?

Do you really know how long did it take for the price to move from about 6.50 baht to the current 150 or so baht per kilo? :ermm:

Did you know how many tapers we lost to tigers and bears and pythons at the depth of the nights during those dreadful years and decades?

The aforementioned, I hope, does answer alot of your questions about my knowledge, experiences or ownerships, right?

Particularly, the one the you proudly questioned: do you have any experience or knowledge we can draw on?

---------------------

Another point, do you read Thai at all, raylo? Perhaps, you ought to learn as quickly as you can or care to.

Do you know what it means in Thai, when it said in your own posted reference that,

....ปลูกเพียง 5 ปี ก็สามารถกรีดได้แล้ว.... (....after 5 yrs it is ready for taping....)

Wish you in your rubber biz well throughout 2 0 1 1 :partytime2:

post-110865-0-14476000-1293912590_thumb.

post-110865-0-88260600-1293912599_thumb.

post-110865-0-55471600-1293913015_thumb.

Edited by mkawish

Huh???

Hello raylo, Happy New Year to you and yours. :jap:

Are you from Mar or Venu or others? :)

To assert yourself so strongly in Thaivisa really demands unprecedented courage.

Did you know that many members of Thaivisa are world class scientists, ranging from nuclear physicists down to the lowly rubber taper like myself? ;)

Raylo, where were you when we collected approximately 20,000 kilogram of latex per week at only 6.50 baht per kilogram?

Do you know how long ago was that, at 6.50 bath per kilogram?

Just wonder, Raylo, were you even formulated yet, when the rubber was at the fixation? Only you know and only you can answer that question, right?

Do you really know how long did it take for the price to move from about 6.50 baht to the current 150 or so baht per kilo? :ermm:

Did you know how many tapers we lost to tigers and bears and pythons at the depth of the nights during those dreadful years and decades?

The aforementioned, I hope, does answer alot of your questions about my knowledge, experiences or ownerships, right?

Particularly, the one the you proudly questioned: do you have any experience or knowledge we can draw on?

---------------------

Another point, do you read Thai at all, raylo? Perhaps, you ought to learn as quickly as you can or care to.

Do you know what it means in Thai, when it said in your own posted reference that,

....ปลูกเพียง 5 ปี ก็สามารถกรีดได้แล้ว.... (....after 5 yrs it is ready for taping....)

Wish you in your rubber biz well throughout 2 0 1 1 :partytime2:

Well Mkawish I see you have turned a simple question (or 2) into an affirmation of ignorance. To be honest I dont care about your problems

or fantasies. The OP asks if anyone has experience or knowledge of the new product not whether they have stood in the hot sun too long and

developed delusions of ??

Anyway does anyone have experience or knowledge of this new seedling graft?