Suthep Lauds Thai Police For Crackdown On Drugs

webfact

Suthep lauds police for crackdown

By The Nation on Sunday

Deputy PM confident elusive gang leader will be in net soon

Deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban yesterday commended the national police force for recent arrest of an influential illicit drug network's members in the Tha Id area of Nonthaburi province.

He hoped the elusive gang leader would also be captured soon.

Praising adviser General Asawin Kwanmuang, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt-General Chakthip Chaijinda and all police officers involved in the crackdown, Suthep assured the public that the government maintained a legal and transparent approach to solve problems. He said this operation did not end with any extrajudicial killing as many expected.

Suthep said he had instructed police to check on their fellow police if they were involved, to punish and to continue the fight against drug trafficking.

On Friday night, police announced that they had arrested several suspects: Surasak Sirisupamontri, 30; Pramook Juimanee, who was named in a Nonthaburi court arrest warrant, 20; Suchat Sriraksasin, 58; and a 17-year-old Ben (not his real name). They also seized 570,000 ya ba tablets, 5.13kg of crystal meth (Ice), four AK-47 assault rifles and 170 bullets, a silencer 9mm pistol, three silencers, Bt1 million cash, a Toyota car and a Toyota van.

National police chief General Wichien Potephosree said the arrests followed a December 15 sting operation against a gang of 10 men led by Kwanchai "Dam Klongtoei" Juimanee in Soi Tha Id. Two policemen were injured in a gunfight with the suspects. Senior Sergeant-Major Arun Taengsamut was still unconscious while Corporal Noppadol Meundee was able to talk but remained hospitalised yesterday.

Police investigators followed through and finally found the gang's Toyota van at a gas station in Bangkok's Sathorn district. Police managed to capture Surasak and Ben, while Kwanchai and a subordinate identified only as Berm escaped by seizing a passing-by motorcycle to flee. The two were believed to be lying low in Bangkok, possibly with Kwanchai's former drug-dealing network in Klong Toei, said Major-General Ronnasilp Phusara.

On Friday, Surasak led police to a room in Eua Arthorn Flats in Bangkok's Bang Khen district, where police arrested Kwanchai's son, Pramook, along with 559,800 ya ba tablets, 5kg of Ice and the weapons. Another search at an apartment on Chan Road helped police arrest Suchat, who stored the drug for this gang, and seized 16,000 ya ba tablets, 13 grams of Ice and some Bt1 million cash, Wichien said.

Surasak allegedly confessed to shooting at police on December 15 following Kwanchai's instruction to shoot at anything suspicious. He said Kwanchai thought the police officers were other drug gangsters trying to ambush or rob them.

Police yesterday brought Pramook to Bangkok's Min Buri Court to apply for the 12-day detention period until January 5, pending investigation. They pleaded with the court not to grant Pramook bail as this was a serious crime and the suspect was a flight risk.

Police also brought Surasak and Suchat to the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court to seek their detention.

It urged the court not to give them bail, while Ben was sent to the Ban Metta Juvenile Remand Home.

Early yesterday at 5.30am, police brought Surasak and Pranook to re-enact the December 15 incident in Nonthanburi's Muang district. Surasak said they kept two AK-47 assault rifles in the Toyota car, which served as a convoy for a taxi that Perm drove to deliver the drug in Soi Tha Id.

He said Kwanchai became suspicious and ordered him and Pranook to shoot at the car in which the two policemen were travelling in a bid to stop them from tailing the taxi before they picked up Berm and fled.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-12-26

What about the areas around Suk 3, full of African drug dealers and black prostitutes... but maybe some high ranking policemen are turning the other way and allowing this Black trade to continue... one night I walked to The Grace Hotel and in a short time was offered drugs 6 times by Negro men... and on the way back into Suk I was offered sex only 2 times by Negro girls, shows you what they thought of me... haha Should call this area now .."Little Africa"

What about the areas around Suk 3, full of African drug dealers and black prostitutes... but maybe some high ranking policemen are turning the other way and allowing this Black trade to continue... one night I walked to The Grace Hotel and in a short time was offered drugs 6 times by Negro men... and on the way back into Suk I was offered sex only 2 times by Negro girls, shows you what they thought of me... haha Should call this area now .."Little Africa"

Huge amounts, people and stuff, Suthep asked police to check on fellow police, bottomless pit ???.........and the massive African presentation,...........this has been mentioned a hundred times and venues given, and they are still there, maybe like us ,you can,t see us in the snow, or them in the dark. Where it,s open and visible why in Thailand can,t they be got, the same the kids in Pattaya, the gambling, all there, the Thai and farrang are living amongst it, others who protect DONT ?????

Negro Men!!! Really? What year is this? What century is this?