Taxi To Soi Bukhao Starting Near Ws

harrycallahan

If I walk the not insignificant distance up second road to Soi Bukhao and wait I will very quickly have a taxi pull up to take me down Soi Bukhao. But at this time I'm already close enough to my guesthouse on Bukhao that it's a waste of money to do that. But then the total distance I've walked is hell far, and I'd rather have gotten a taxi most of the way.

So, where the bloody hell are these Soi Bukhao taxis when I'm down near WS and second road? They come up second road and turn left into it so they must be down there somewhere. Cannot for the life of me find them.

I think you're lost, Harry! To get to Soi Buakhao from Walking Street try getting a bahtbus along Pattaya Tai from the traffic lights. Some may turn left into Buakhao but most will carry on towards Sukhumvit. If they carry on, ring the bell and walk up Buakhao or wait for another bahtbus going up Buakhao. Motorbike taxi might be the best option for you though.

No you're missing my point. "If they carry on...", I don't want IF, I want to get the one that WILL go down Buakhao, where do they start from when they are down near WS?

I think you're lost, Harry! To get to Soi Buakhao from Walking Street try getting a bahtbus along Pattaya Tai from the traffic lights. Some may turn left into Buakhao but most will carry on towards Sukhumvit. If they carry on, ring the bell and walk up Buakhao or wait for another bahtbus going up Buakhao. Motorbike taxi might be the best option for you though.

No you're missing my point. "If they carry on...", I don't want IF, I want to get the one that WILL go down Buakhao, where do they start from when they are down near WS?

It's oft said that 'where there's a will there's a way', but when it comes to baht bus drivers they WILL only go their own WAY! Too many choices I fear between the turn at WS by Beach Road and Buakhao and too few customers to be picked up at the Tai end of Buakhao so I reckon it's either take a chance, drop them a couple of hundred for a private rental, or Shanks's pony!

I think he's lost too

If I walk the not insignificant distance up second road to Soi Bukhao

Second Road doesn't meet Soi Buakhao and the walk up South Road to Buakhao is only about 500m.

There's a shorcut from Second Rd. through the back of The Avenue, and also the road just opposite Soi Pattayaland, depending on what part of Buakhao you want

I think he's lost too

Second Road doesn't meet Soi Buakhao and the walk up South Road to Buakhao is only about 500m.

There's a shorcut from Second Rd. through the back of The Avenue, and also the road just opposite Soi Pattayaland, depending on what part of Buakhao you want

the last one sounds interesting

where is soi pattayaland please?

I think he's lost too

Boyztown area!

I think he's lost too

OK that was a mistake, I meant "south road up to soi bukhao".

If you walk 500m then another 500m when you get to soi bukhao then you've walked 1km. You've done this at 4am not exactly in tip-top condition. And if you have a lady then you're forking out for 2 people on a motorbike taxi, 100 baht at that time. There are taxis pulling into soi bukhao but as pointed out above picking one while they're still down at the WS end is a game of chance. That's what I don't like.

But just yesterday I went out and got a motorbike so problem should be mostly solved (probably not wise to ride if getting too sloshed).

And those 'shortcuts' aren't really so, they just travel the same distance via a different route.

Boyztown area!

ok soi pattayaland is near the boyztown area

and where is the boyztown area?

the avenue cut through to soi bouy cow from 2nd road is clear

the soi pattayaland one is not but would like to know

thanks for further clarification

Edited by deejah

The short cut from near Pattayaland to Buakhao and the short cut from The Avenue to Buakhao are both by the same road, i.e. soi 15, which twists and turns a bit.

ok thanks

got it

that's the long soi with all the new buildings some looked quite empty but nice, right?

Why don't you walk from where you are staying in soi Bukaow down the nearest road on down to Second Road. That way you will know where to press the baht bus buzzer and where to get off when you are coming north bound on 2nd Road in the baht bus when you are a bit pissed up and accompanied. You don't want what should be a 5 minute drunken wobble to become an embarrassing 15 minute one with the lady wondering why you are such a cheapskate in having avoided paying for a 150 baht bus taxi (been there done that).

The full length of soi Bukaow has 6 or 7 sois and other cut throughs that link it with 2nd Road. There are at least 3 I can think of between the Avenue and the winding soi everyone is discussing, including soi Dianna Inn, soi 12/1 (or is it 11/1 - from opposite the katoey bar). A little bit of reccy is called for here - take your cheap pulling seriously mate :rolleyes:.

Edited by SantiSuk

Why don't you walk from where you are staying in soi Bukaow down the nearest road on down to Second Road. That way you will know where to press the baht bus buzzer and where to get off when you are coming north bound on 2nd Road in the baht bus when you are a bit pissed up and accompanied. You don't want what should be a 5 minute drunken wobble to become an embarrassing 15 minute one with the lady wondering why you are such a cheapskate in having avoided paying for a 150 baht bus taxi (been there done that).

The full length of soi Bukaow has 6 or 7 sois and other cut throughs that link it with 2nd Road. There are at least 3 I can think of between the Avenue and the winding soi everyone is discussing, including soi Dianna Inn, soi 12/1 (or is it 11/1 - from opposite the katoey bar). A little bit of reccy is called for here - take your cheap pulling seriously mate :rolleyes:.

I know the shortcut road that's been referred to before. It starts on Soi Bukhao opposite the Family Mart which is near the Sunview Hotel. Second road will still only cover part of your journey where as a baht bus that goes down Soi Bukhao would save you a lot of walking IF you could get it near WS.

I don't want split hairs over this just thought it would be convient to get such a bus near WS.

Informal baht bus rules;

You can determine if the baht bus will turn down Soi Brokecow by hand gesters. Go up South Pattaya Rd(North of 2nd) about 40 meters and make clear you want a baht bus(wave at bus). When you get the attention of the driver, show him a left turn hand signal(point the direction Brokecow goes). If you start talking to him, he will want full payment for a door to door ride. If he gesters NO with his hands etc, he will drive up South Pattaya Rd as normal. You can expect many drivers to not respond at all. If he shakes his head yes, he will turn down Soi Brokecow, at no extra charge. Should cost B10 each passenger.

If no driver agrees and keeps driving then pay for two LEGS.

Edited by threelegcowboy

I think he's lost too

OK that was a mistake, I meant "south road up to soi bukhao".

If you walk 500m then another 500m when you get to soi bukhao then you've walked 1km. You've done this at 4am not exactly in tip-top condition. And if you have a lady then you're forking out for 2 people on a motorbike taxi, 100 baht at that time. There are taxis pulling into soi bukhao but as pointed out above picking one while they're still down at the WS end is a game of chance. That's what I don't like.

But just yesterday I went out and got a motorbike so problem should be mostly solved (probably not wise to ride if getting too sloshed).

And those 'shortcuts' aren't really so, they just travel the same distance via a different route.

That road behind Avenues isn't the safest thanks to NO PAVEMENTS AT ALL and speeding vehicles. Might not be the best idea to use it while drunk.

What is it about Pattaya town planners ( I know, I know- it's an oxymoron ) that they think no one walks? Surely building in pavements isn't that much of a big deal, even for Thai officialdom. It is possible to be both sanuk and safe!

True... there is a queue with bahtbuses starting from just after the traffic lights at the junction of Second Rd and South Pattaya Rd opposite the school and before the temple.

Just board one and they'll leave when full and go up St Pattaya Rd and turn left into Soi Bua Khao and continue to Pattaya Klang.

If you wanna be sure just ask the driver if they go to Soi Bua Khao!:rolleyes:

Plahgat

I know the shortcut road that's been referred to before. It starts on Soi Bukhao opposite the Family Mart which is near the Sunview Hotel. Second road will still only cover part of your journey where as a baht bus that goes down Soi Bukhao would save you a lot of walking IF you could get it near WS.

I don't want split hairs over this just thought it would be convient to get such a bus near WS.

Haven't tried it but presumably if you hail down baht buses on Pattaya Tai just after the big junction with Second Road, you can ask them something basic like 'pai soi Bukaow, soi Diana mai khrap'? (are you going to soi Bukaow/soi Diana please? A more literal translation of that into English if you are linguistically challenged is

pie soy Bukaow soy Diana my crap?

I would guess only one in three or four do go that way. And some that are going to Sukhumvit will probably say yes - in which case get out at the soi Bukaow junction without paying and run!

ask the driver before you get on.............simple

I tried, most of them say no or "100 baht", actually never found one going to buakhao.

I tried, most of them say no or "100 baht", actually never found one going to buakhao.

HARRY,

Did you try reading my post above....you dont even have a comment......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The short cut from near Pattayaland to Buakhao and the short cut from The Avenue to Buakhao are both by the same road, i.e. soi 15, which twists and turns a bit.

ok thanks

got it

that's the long soi with all the new buildings some looked quite empty but nice, right?

It's actually more opposite The Flying Vegetable Restaurant than Boyztown, not sure it's Soi 15 though as the Soi 15 I'm thinking about has the Sikh Temple on it?

But if you go along that road there's a soi that you can cut through to Buakhao without having to go as far as the back end of The Avenue.

That road behind Avenues isn't the safest thanks to NO PAVEMENTS AT ALL and speeding vehicles. Might not be the best idea to use it while drunk.

What is it about Pattaya town planners ( I know, I know- it's an oxymoron ) that they think no one walks? Surely building in pavements isn't that much of a big deal, even for Thai officialdom. It is possible to be both sanuk and safe!

Pavements in Thailand are for street vendors to set up stalls on.

Pedestrians are expected to walk in the roads.