Copper Grease

gobs

Saw it in a Chinese run auto parts store just two days ago, almost bought a tube for myself. Problem is I don't know how to describe getting there, roughly go down Chang Klan road and turn left at the lights in the vacinity of the Empress, go to the end and turn right, cannot turn right between I think 3pm and 6pm. On the left about half a click down, can pull in off the road and park in front or round the back. Undoubtably the best and cheapest car spare parts place in this city. Not a word of English spoken. Recently went to Nissan for a peice of engine water pipe, they said 1,700 Baht, I said forget it, this Chinese run place sold me the identical pipe for 300 Baht. All the parts are new. Sorry I can't be more specific but someone else may be able to give you better directions. One thing I will gaurantee is that when you find this place you will not go anywhere else for most auto parts.

Hi friends,

Thanks for the tips.

Paul, I suppose I may locate in my mind the place you describe. Good to know... I'm going to give it a try.

Copper grease is a very efficient grease used in marine (and submarine) applications. As well it is conductive... Very useful IMO on spark plug threads.

Good too when you go for some watery off-road trip...

Cheese,

Gobs

They also have it in Chiang Mai's best screw shop, Tong Tong Screw Nut & Tools, on Charoen Mueang Rd. (The Road that will be Thaphae Rd. later, after crossing Navarat Bridge). Going into town it's on the right side, about 50 m after you passed the intersection with Bamrung Rat Rd. Can't miss it, you will see the blue screw shelves from outside.

Thanks for the tip, rebo.

I'm an adept of Nana Screw (beginning of Atsadaton Road), but maybe it's time for me to change :ermm:

I have to give a try to this "Chiang Mai's best screw shop"!

Cheese,

Gobs

Hi friends,

Thanks for the tips.

Paul, I suppose I may locate in my mind the place you describe. Good to know... I'm going to give it a try.

Copper grease is a very efficient grease used in marine (and submarine) applications. As well it is conductive... Very useful IMO on spark plug threads.

Good too when you go for some watery off-road trip...

Cheese,

Gobs

AND for brake squeal. If no luck try the motoring forum. :)