Cost Of Work Per Rai

thedoctor

hi

my partner wants to get her land prepaired for next seasons rice crop. for many years she has share farmed but because of a dispute with the share farmer [ his share is getting bigger and her share is getting smaller each year ] she wants to do it herself with family help.

the farm has about 8 / 10 rice paddies already in place,= 27 rai but they need disk work before the rainy season

she was given a quote today for 220 bht to disk the already used paddies. is that the going rate?

she also wants to remove some of the dividing bankings/walls to make the 8 or 10 paddies into 2 large ponds making more growing area available and easier fo the tractor to work in the future. the farm is about 60 rai in total..

she was told the 27 rai would cost 60.000 bht to push out the dirt banking walls and re level the ponds. but the farmer who told her that cost is also the share farmer who she told will not be share farming with her next season,

anybody know the cost of disking per rai .. also other tractor work such as bucket work and leveling in the khonkean area,

regards mick

My wife changed from rice to sugar cane. The dikes were removed and the ground prepared for planting. There were large pieces of laterite rock so it was more difficult that a normal job. She paid 600 baht per rai. The guy did a good job.

i had some fields ploughed that already grew rice and they charged 150 per rai. I then had some fields cleared that nothing was grown on it before, so it needed to have all the brush cleared out and then leveled out and finally ploughed. The tractor for clearing charged us 500B per rai, (I had to hire in some other guys to move the brush around and burn it) then again 150 per rai for the ploughing. This was in Surin. The land clearing the guy used a big Ford tractor, dont know the size but it was fairly big.

agree 60K sounds like allot. if she has 27 rai that is over 2K per rai.

Good luck.

i had some fields ploughed that already grew rice and they charged 150 per rai. I then had some fields cleared that nothing was grown on it before, so it needed to have all the brush cleared out and then leveled out and finally ploughed. The tractor for clearing charged us 500B per rai, (I had to hire in some other guys to move the brush around and burn it) then again 150 per rai for the ploughing. This was in Surin. The land clearing the guy used a big Ford tractor, dont know the size but it was fairly big.

agree 60K sounds like allot. if she has 27 rai that is over 2K per rai.

Good luck.

Around Phrae the price is about 1,000 baht a rai (farang price), maybe you need to disappear for a while?