Where Can I Buy A Sausage Making Kit.

Boyce

Hi there forum,

I want to start making Sausages at home , can anyone tell me where i can buy a complete Sausage making kit from in thailand, i have looked on Mr Moos site in chonburi, but there is no email or phone number on the website.

Thanks Boyce

Edited by Boyce

Hey Boyce, you make 'em, I'll buy 'em. I could murder a few good bangers. I have yet to find a half decent pack of 454gm for less than 350baht.

Where are you Rubik ?

Should be easy to get 1kg of good Pork Fatboys for less than 225 Baht.

I am in the sticks and sell the following:-

Thick Pork fatboy 500g 115

Thick Pork fatboy 1 Kg 210

Cumberland fatboy 500g 115

Cumberland fatboy 1Kg 210

Where to get the casings here locally?? and what kind are used??...pig?

Pig intestines are available at pretty much every local market - though you may need to go very early in the morning since they sell out quickly. They do need very thorough cleaning.

Hey Boyce, you make 'em, I'll buy 'em. I could murder a few good bangers. I have yet to find a half decent pack of 454gm for less than 350baht.

Where are you Rubik ?

Should be easy to get 1kg of good Pork Fatboys for less than 225 Baht.

I am in the sticks and sell the following:-

Thick Pork fatboy 500g 115

Thick Pork fatboy 1 Kg 210

Cumberland fatboy 500g 115

Cumberland fatboy 1Kg 210

Depends on your definition of the sticks.

I live 65 km from the nearest Big C, Lotus Tesco and Makro and they don't sell anything like that and they are the nearest.

Edited by billd766

You can buy an old fashioned hand cranked meat grinder with a sausage funnel at Makro......there's a vendor [connected with Makro] called 'Champ' that makes them for under 1kthb. What else would you need??

Other local kitchen/restaurant shops in most cities carry them as well.

You can buy an old fashioned hand cranked meat grinder with a sausage funnel at Makro......there's a vendor [connected with Makro] called 'Champ' that makes them for under 1kthb. What else would you need??

Other local kitchen/restaurant shops in most cities carry them as well.

hi jaideeguy,

thanks for the info , what branch of makro is that ther is nothing like that in the makro in Surin anymore info would be much appreciated.. :D

Both of the Makros in Chiang Mai have a 'champ' restaurant equipment section. I think they are owned by Makro. And if not that, surely there are restaurant equipment shops around town.......probably near the market area......look for the shops that sell those locally made stainless bar b ques and stoves etc. My wife is from Surin and I'll ask her.

Both of the Makros in Chiang Mai have a 'champ' restaurant equipment section. I think they are owned by Makro. And if not that, surely there are restaurant equipment shops around town.......probably near the market area......look for the shops that sell those locally made stainless bar b ques and stoves etc. My wife is from Surin and I'll ask her.

Thanks for your reply i will go there later today and look to see what i can find , but in the past i have not seen anything like a sausage stuffer in surin.

Cheers..:D

Thanks for your reply i will go there later today and look to see what i can find , but in the past i have not seen anything like a sausage stuffer in surin.

Cheers..:D

I saw meat/ sausage grinders in Surin Macro yesterday. They are next to the meat slicers. They didn't have them before. They are a new item. --Joe--

I will be going up to Makro tomorrow buy in Khampaeng Phet and I have seen a couple of hand mincers but didn't check the price.

I also make bacon and what I would like is a hand slicer but all I can find in Makro are the electric ones at around 17,000 baht which is a waste for something that I won't use that often.

The only 2 responses I get when asking are mai mee or mai ko jai.

I saw pork intestines in salt at Makro Pattaya the other day, something like 250 a kilo. Seemed expensive, but perhaps that's a good deal. I bought intestines from the fresh market once, but the process of cleaning and making sure they were safe to use was too much work.

Boyce, its easy really, you dont need any machine, but it does help if you have a hand meat grinder,

We make our own sausages, buy pork mince from tesco, [usually bone fragment free] add what you want to the mix, in place of breadcrumbs we use sticky rice, add spice as you want to taste,

Get a water bottle, 1/2 litre, cut it about 2inches below the neck, pull the intestine over the threaded part and secure with elastic band, push the mix down the bottle and into the skin, gently ease the mix down the skin to what size sauasage you want, twist 2 times and snip off,,

For skins, go to your local food market, find a sausage vendor, ask where they get skins from, good intestine skins will be cleand and salted and about 300bht a kilo, enough to make 200+ sauasges and skins will keep in a fridge for a month or more,

Meat grinder, i use this to consolidate the meat, making it more of a puree type, plus its also easy to add things and mix together, If i have any mix left over, i make sausage rolls,

Cheers, Lickey..

Boyce, its easy really, you dont need any machine, but it does help if you have a hand meat grinder,

We make our own sausages, buy pork mince from tesco, [usually bone fragment free] add what you want to the mix, in place of breadcrumbs we use sticky rice, add spice as you want to taste,

Get a water bottle, 1/2 litre, cut it about 2inches below the neck, pull the intestine over the threaded part and secure with elastic band, push the mix down the bottle and into the skin, gently ease the mix down the skin to what size sauasage you want, twist 2 times and snip off,,

For skins, go to your local food market, find a sausage vendor, ask where they get skins from, good intestine skins will be cleand and salted and about 300bht a kilo, enough to make 200+ sauasges and skins will keep in a fridge for a month or more,

Meat grinder, i use this to consolidate the meat, making it more of a puree type, plus its also easy to add things and mix together, If i have any mix left over, i make sausage rolls,

Cheers, Lickey..

Simple but effective i'll give it a go thanks mate..

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this thread, how are you all getting on with the sausage making.

Cheers

No further in sausage making but I made 3kg of homemade ham last week and as Tony the Tiger says "It tastes grrrrrrrreat".

I will post the details on the food thread later today.

Question for the sausage experts here; I find myself going through a sausage-loving phase due to the fact that growing up in the states, my family was more about bacon and ham (and little "farmer" sausages).

I am trying to locate the sausages that are used in a typical English Breakfast, like the ones the dubliner uses in their "Fry" breakfasts which i love. I was at tesco and just picked some "Cumberland" sausages for no reason but random chance. I loved them and I am fairly sure these are the ones I tasted in the Fry. I even wikipedia'd "cumberland" sausage and read the history (fascinating how the butchers and sausage makers are trying to patent the process). I guess I could stroll over to the dubliner and just ask them, but I figure we might have some knowledgable brits here who could educate this yank on what sausage they recommend eating with a standard breakfast. I understand that different people will have different tastes regarding sausage, but more to try is fine with me!

• 11 years later...
On 12/31/2010 at 7:20 AM, jaideeguy said:

Where to get the casings here locally?? and what kind are used??...pig?

I recently bought a kilo of hog casings from Makro  Price was okay, but haven’t opened the package yet. I’ve bought sheep casings several times through Lazada, mostly sent over from China. Pretty variable quality, but my production is small so an occasional hole is not too awful.

Would like to learn a local source for beef casings.