Affirmation Of Freedom To Marry

To be honest, when it comes to the AFM I don't think it really matters. You don't need proof of income and it's unlikely that anyone is going to check. As contractor says, simply put your main occupation.

When/if it comes to applying for a UK visa for your partner, though, then you should mention and provide evidence of all your income from all sources.

Thanks 7by7 I have read a lot of your posts and you seem to know what you are talking about, can you help me with info about the Visa, I am getting married next month but am not going to apply for the visa until about another 5 months down the road, is it true I can apply for a spouse visa for my wife to stay for two years in the UK, then once she has been in the UK for 2 year apply for the settlement visa. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to understand all the info relating to this but it seems sometime quite conflicting.

Edited by Greenbhoy

• 2 weeks later...

Going to sound really stupid but when filling out the Affirmation of marriage is the Passport Issuing Office IPS (short for The Identity and Passport Service) which is printed under the Authority in my passport