Should I Renew My Passport?

Hi,

so this is a question on behalf of the missus. Am currently filling out her visa application form intended dates to travel are june 1 - 30, 2011. just found out her passport expires in october 2011. her visa would have expired before then and she would be safely home long before it expires. i just recall something in the back of my mind that says she needs a minimum of six months to travel or something...

can any one direct me to a link, or confirm? i cant find the information im looking for

thanks in advance!

Yes Qantas is correct the passport only needs to be valid for for duration of the trip, the UK is not one of the countries that insist on six months validity on your passport though your wife must leave before the passport expires, and on entry it MAY be stamped accordingly.

As others have said it's quick and easy to get a new passpoert in Thailand, and she will need one eventually, if she does go down this line after she has her visa then she should carry her new passport and the cancelled one containing the visa, there is no need to get the Visa Vignette transferred which would cost 4650 Baht.