Simple Question

jsflynn603

Motorbike parking at Airport Plaza (Tops), Tesco Lotus, Big C, etc. is free. The only shopping place I've ever been charged to park is KSK and that was really low like 5 or 15B, don't recall.

Edited by ThaiWx

Central KSK 5 baht. Airport Free.

..what actually happened?..at which Tops?

The Tops at the NE corner of the Old City, just beyond Chiang Mai Ram hospital.

Simple, I entered the motorbike parking area and the fellow said "35 baht" so I paid him with a 50 note, and he gave me change. Methinks I've been had.... It's so humorous it's worth the 35 baht.

Previously I have been charged 3 baht to park in an area at the Night Market, so it sort of seemed logical.

I must look "fleecable." Imagine that!

The sad part is Tops did not impress at all. I'd rather buy my meats at Tesco, and fish, veggies and fruit at the local markets.

Edited by jsflynn603

Simple Question : Why not put your question/ request in the SUBJECT LINE ?!

Every thread on here is a question/request. Or it's an idea/something new. But everyone writing 'idea' or 'question' would make the board pointless and frustrating. In fact thaivisaforum should just be called 'forum' and Chiang Mai subforum should just be called 'place in thailand subforum.'

The newspapers should title each story 'story.'

I should change my name to 'name.'

It's just good netiquette.

Central KSK 5 baht. Airport Free.

..what actually happened?..at which Tops?

The Tops at the NE corner of the Old City, just beyond Chiang Mai Ram hospital.

Simple, I entered the motorbike parking area and the fellow said "35 baht" so I paid him with a 50 note, and he gave me change. Methinks I've been had.... It's so humorous it's worth the 35 baht.

Previously I have been charged 3 baht to park in an area at the Night Market, so it sort of seemed logical.

I must look "fleecable." Imagine that!

The sad part is Tops did not impress at all. I'd rather buy my meats at Tesco, and fish, veggies and fruit at the local markets.

I am glad you took it with a sense of humor. to many Farongs take it so serious that they loose half there life over it. Just another cheap humorist lesson in Thailand.:D

I think the OP went to the Tops at KSK, which is NW of the old city, not to the NE. IMHO it's a crummy Tops, with location being a major reason for its popularity. I like the Tops at Central Airport Plaza much better, but even there the meat dept can be hit-or-miss. Some days the shelves in the meat dept are almost totally empty; other days they're well stocked. The seem to look better toward the end of the week as Tops gets ready for the onslaught of weekend customers.

Often I take the free Central Airport Plaza shuttle bus to go shopping at Tops Airport Plaza and arrange for free home delivery of my purchases. I'm not going to risk riding a motorcyle in this country!