Orange Juice Rip Off At Bali Hai Stalls.

thaibeachlovers

For anyone walking around the stalls near Bali Hai, you will have noticed the orange juice for sale ( It's delicious at present ). It's offered in the usual small plastic bottles, and in larger plastic cups, both at 20 baht. The larger cups are, IMO, a rip off, as it's almost all ice, with just enough juice to make one think it's a full cup of juice.

The small bottles are the ones to buy, as at least they only have juice in them, and you know how much you are paying for.

Edited by Rimmer
Font size

Make sure you see that the vendors are squeezing oranges too becasue I'm pretty sure some use orange cordial instead of real juice. Would this suprise anyone living here? Others sweeten up the juice with sugar.

Some of these comments are truly amazing. Hope you all had a Happy New Year and learn how to be just a little more tolerant of others!

Happy new year to you too.

Some people have nothing nothing better to do than write what they consider to be witty put downs to other people's posts.

Their lives must be so meaningless and empty that they only feel validated when rubbishing someone else!

Either that, or they don't know that you can exit a post without having to write something!

It's sad that they can't just exit a post they don't like, without feeling compelled to be negative.

But, it's OK. They're just a bunch of pixels!

Have fun with this. Order in the cup and loudly demand NO ICE! Then see how they fill it. Big fun, I assure you!

This is nothing new. I remember trying to order Coke without ice from a beach vendor in Hawaii. They wouldn't do it.

TBL ,i know your symptoms .You have Pattaya burn out .It happens to most of us who stay there long enough .You need to get yourself out of the City for a few months and then realise that the things you are moaning about are very petty . B)

Have fun with this. Order in the cup and loudly demand NO ICE! Then see how they fill it. Big fun, I assure you!

This is nothing new. I remember trying to order Coke without ice from a beach vendor in Hawaii. They wouldn't do it.

No doubt, but it still may be jolly good free entertainment to ask them and see how they react. I admit it wouldn't rate compared to watching old soi dogs cross busy roads though, but if we were all having 24 hour orgasms, sex wouldn't be so special, now would it?

Sorry, but the cups are already prefilled.

Although a bit overpriced, the juice in the small plastic bottles is really nice at the moment.

I just prefer to have more than a mouthful for my 20 baht.

TBL ,i know your symptoms .You have Pattaya burn out .It happens to most of us who stay there long enough .You need to get yourself out of the City for a few months and then realise that the things you are moaning about are very petty . B)

Correct. However, don't know if I could survive long without my daily dose of Thai ( and Russian ) lovelies.

If there was a Walking Street in Nakhon Nowhere, I'd have moved there long ago.

I am getting so sick of risking my life every time I walk out my door due to maniac drivers, and no pavements, the general decline of the infrastructure, and the blatent corruption by the authorities.

Pity the alternative is so boring.

I was in fact in England/ Ireland for a couple of months recently. I was so happy to get out of those over regulated and dull places- sooooo cold, expensive and no decent totty.

No doubt, but it still may be jolly good free entertainment to ask them and see how they react. I admit it wouldn't rate compared to watching old soi dogs cross busy roads though, but if we were all having 24 hour orgasms, sex wouldn't be so special, now would it?

I don't remember where exactly this was, but once I asked for a drink without ice and they gladly obliged - with half a cup.

I don't remember where exactly this was, but once I asked for a drink without ice and they gladly obliged - with half a cup.

I was in the food court of a Tesco Lotus getting a glass of coke. Asked for no ice. "That will be 10bt extra because you want more coke."

I was in the food court of a Tesco Lotus getting a glass of coke. Asked for no ice. "That will be 10bt extra because you want more coke."

Yeah Mike's up here in CM have a sign over their soft drink machine - 'No Ice, No Problem, 10 baht extra'

Sorry, but the cups are already prefilled.

Although a bit overpriced, the juice in the small plastic bottles is really nice at the moment.

I just prefer to have more than a mouthful for my 20 baht.

Not worth it at any price - my partner bought one of this whilst walking in Silom - drank it down and pretty much immediately the whole world started to spin. He broke out in a sweat. I thought he was having a heart attack. Turns out I did pass in time and we can only guess that his drink got some of the pestiside from the unwashed oranges.